Page 2 of 196 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I really enjoyed the first issue. It is exactly what we needed after the fallout from X Men Gold. This was an issue that I will remember for a long time.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I really enjoyed the first issue. It is exactly what we needed after the fallout from X Men Gold. This was an issue that I will remember for a long time.
    I enjoyed it as well. KT is so good at writing the two of them. I also didn't think the art was as bad as I'd been hearing. It wasn't as good as R&G, but it wasn't terrible.

Also, I recently found this bit of Rogue/Gambit-related art and had to share it here li__l_rogue_by_mr_dna.jpg

Art by Joe Haley
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 08-06-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    Make Good Art

I just read the Rogue and Gambit TPB. I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'm surprised to say I think Marvel handle their marriage pretty well. The mini did a great job reconnecting the characters, and us with them; gave us a surprise wedding, and lead into a great concept series of Mr. and Mrs. X (which I have yet to read, but plan on picking up the TPB). Looking forward to see where these two are headed.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

The mini was a good set up for the wedding. The fact that the same writer is doing the ongoing i makes me more hopeful for the same quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Yikes that is 14 more years to cover? And the dark ages too. But if the focus is the reunion/wedding/current issues then it would make up for it.

I was going back on the old thread too, and was entertained by Don's DC>Marvel with the Batcat wedding announcement, so eery it was this time that the Marvel editor were cooking up the RR wedding surprise.

My previous post got eaten up; it was about Kelly's letter to the fans in MMX1, I was really intrigued she said the fans brought the couple back. I figured it was the decision of the latest Marvel editors were big fans of them and wanted them back. (and also the theory of making more money from Gen Xers who have the disposable income now)
    Probably a little of both. Marvel in general doesn't pay much attention to fan opinion (especially loud, internet fans, because they don't think they are representative of the rest of the readership.) Unless the sales are effected. Different editors are helpful, and editors who are fans might try something but they won't keep it without sales. And thinking gen x'ers have money to spend does count as 'fans' to Marvel. We don't know what Marvel actually sales are, but there must have been something encouraging for marvel to greenlight the mini and then the ongoing.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 08-06-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    The mini was a good set up for the wedding. The fact that the same writer is doing the ongoing i makes me more hopeful for the same quality.

Probably a little of both. Marvel in general doesn't pay much attention to fan opinion (especially loud, internet fans, because they don't think they are representative of the rest of the readership.) Unless the sales are effected. Different editors are helpful, and editors who are fans might try something but they won't keep it without sales. And thinking gen x'ers have money to spend does count as 'fans' to Marvel. We don't know what Marvel actually sales are, but there must have been something encouraging for marvel to greenlight the mini and then the ongoing.
    At the end of the R&G series, the note in the letters section indicated they got a LOT of letters. Getting lots of direct positive feedback like that seems to have been impactful. I wrote in and I've never done that before! In fact, I just did the same for MMX. Got to keep it reasonable I guess so I don't seem like a fanatic though.

I'm anxious to see how sales go on the first issue. Solos and probably even duos like this have a bigger challenge than team books for getting big numbers unless the title is "Wolverine". But every single review for MMX I've read or heard on a podcast has been very positive, so I'm hopeful this can have the longevity it deserves. Then we stand a better chance of seeing all the stories we want from these two! I do wish there was a way to gauge the impact of TPB and digital sales though. I have to think digital sales would have a larger sales margin than floppies? I REALLY liked the sales model for Kelly's recent Jessica Jones.

So this has been a really quiet X-Men Monday. Didn't see much of anything here or on Twitter for art teases, though we got a really good one last week for MMX.

And the CBR server is still struggling, oi.

Oh shiny new thread, huh?

I'm with you, AppleJ, on the impact of a "letter writing campaign". I had never written in before, but when I saw KT encouraging fans to do it, I thought to myself that it must have some value, otherwise, what's the point? So I wrote in. I'm going to write again for #1 and if this series is as good as I think it will be, I might write again near the end of the arc. Nothing fancy or elaborate, just a few lines to remind Marvel of the fandom, you know? Of course, sales are the deciding factor (a combination of floppies, digital, and trades), but a few letters certainly don't hurt the cause.

Yes, a very quiet X-men Monday (or M&MX Monday, as I like to call it). Not only are we spoiled, we're getting greedy too, LOL.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 08-06-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Gawd, I'm seeing double again.

I also wrote in thanks to KT’s encouragement as well... shoot, if I’d known to do so in the past I would have done it a heck of a lot sooner. I’ll be writing in for MMX shortly too. I’m pacing myself and need to make my 2nd letter a bit shorter. I was running on nothing but emotions the first time around.

I’m elated for this moment in time for my favorite X-Men/ship. I’ve read tons and tons of old posts, arguments (now I’m kinda glad the old thread got closed - around page 100 things got really depressing and it stopped celebrating the idea of them as a couple) and a lot of old issues hadn’t looked at in ages. I even pulled out my old dusty box of comics recently. I’m so elated to have a reason to read comics. Whether it was editorial mandate, giving a hoot about fans opinions or whatever I’m so glad they’re giving RR a chance to grow together and be something beyond an angst filled trite and tired drama filled “relationship”. They always had the potential but being written by authors who didn’t like them or just wanted to get any sort of attention nearly destroyed them. KT is brilliant to have done her part and have done it so wonderfully. I know in the world of comics nothing is guaranteed but I’ll cherish these days for as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I've written 4 letters, two for R&G, 1 after the M & MX reveal, and 1 after reading the first issue. I spent so long proof reading all of them, because, as Romy Ship notes, it's easy to get carried away and have that first draft get way too long and/or "MY EMOTIONS!!!"

That said, while it was a great bonus to get a letter printed in the back of R&G #5, my best friend's cat wielding (read: lying next to) Mjolnir being in the back of a Squirrel Girl issue was even cooler. As Remy knows, cats are powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    NATCH, I am here to join the elite RAMBIT / ROMY / and all other combination fandomamonium in celebration of their inevitably PROOF that MARRIAGE CAN be AWESOME and is NOT a narrative death sentence in comics as so many ill minded folk believe. DRAMA can be HAD and even entertainingly so while STILL remaining a wedded couple in deep, deep love.

OF COURSE, it goes without saying, but this is a MESSAGE BOARD built for SAYING so I'll SAY massive accolades and thunderous applause to Miss Kelly Thompson on both her sensational writing being paired with such sensational artists (imho, a TRUE testament to the value the publisher places on the writing talent can be often determined by the artist paired with them) and that combination harmonizing in such a way to fan the dwindling embers of THIS fanboy's heart for our beloved Rogue and Gambit and stoking the every living F***k out of it to such a tremendous degree as to reinvigorate my appreciation for the pair being TOGETHER.

I wish all the very best for their future thriving amidst the X-verse and beyond. CHEERS to us all!
    Hear hear! Well said and agreed. Let's show Marvel that marriages can be many years of excellent writing. One simply has to look at shows like This is Us or Parenthood to realize that it's not a death sentence to be married and even have kids!

EDIT: I've also written my first letter to Marvel thanking them for the R&G mini. Very much appreciative!
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 08-07-2018 at 07:33 AM.

http://a.co/4S0MXam

I guess the Romy love is in the air with merch too

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

Those are some good 90s/XTAS statues. I wish I could justify spending the $90 at this point. It isn't overly expensive for what they are, but...

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

Those are some good 90s/XTAS statues. I wish I could justify spending the $90 at this point. It isn't overly expensive for what they are, but...

Well crap, on impulse I almost ordered these but upon looking at the release date I crashed back down to earth. Can I justify $90 on this? My husband would think I was crazy if he finds out how much they cost.

Then again I did just buy a pair of Nike running shoes for $200. So I guess it's no crazier than that, right? Man, these are cool. I'm just not sure if they're $100 cool.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Incredible Member

Alright ya’ll! I hate writing letters but I’m giving myself a deadline of Sunday that I need to write Marvel by then. You guys can hold me accountable if you want. ; D
    Last edited by Couplest; 08-07-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Sleep deprivation