Page 136 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2938
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So in Mojo Gambit and Rogue will live their past again.
    What moments you would like to see?
    Heh. If I was running a reality show about a couple being shown all over the galaxy, if the rest of the universe is anything like humanity, we love being invasive af. 100% go into Antatrica - ask the untouchable woman how her first time was and did it live up to what she imagined. I’d also go for the salt-in-the-wounds stuff and ask Gambit how he felt knowing Rogue was sleeping with Magneto. Humanity is awful, we want the sleeze or the awkward moments.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    X-Treme seems to be a book that hit a good note with a lot of fans, especially of Rogue and Gambit. So revisiting that era would be a real treat! Especially if we can get new and improved art . . . Kordey . . . He tried . . . Though I did love Larocca's Gambit.

Do we think these are between the panels/behind the scenes type moments like we got in R&G or re-visitations of well known panels? Or is Mojo going to re-create scenes that didn't necessarily involve them before.

What is Mojo up to??? And #6 will flow directly into it, so that is interesting . . .
    Mojo is basically a parody of reality tv, so he'll be looking for something that will rake in the ratings, LOL. So, big moments, I guess? Scenes we haven't revisited yet? I do love the in-between stuff, so I have to admit that's what I'd love to see the most. But the situation with Mojo will be a bit different than R&G, as they aren't remembering a past scene, but they're being physically dropped into those old scenes and may react differently. I think it's going to be brilliant.

Soooo...X-men Monday, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Heh. If I was running a reality show about a couple being shown all over the galaxy, if the rest of the universe is anything like humanity, we love being invasive af. 100% go into Antatrica - ask the untouchable woman how her first time was and did it live up to what she imagined. I’d also go for the salt-in-the-wounds stuff and ask Gambit how he felt knowing Rogue was sleeping with Magneto. Humanity is awful, we want the sleeze or the awkward moments.
    You know, that is a very excellent point!

Yeah, this could get super interesting . . .

Sales numbers for MMX #4 are here: 21,471. The previous month was 24,250.

Those who can afford it might start considering also getting a digital copy for each issue and maybe even buying the trade.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I was already planning on getting the trade bc it's such a pain getting my floppies out of their bags/boards when I want to re-read stories, but I probs can't swing the digital issues.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post

Those who can afford it might start considering also getting a digital copy for each issue and maybe even buying the trade.
    I think at this point KT already knows how many MMX issues she is allowed to write.

Domino 7 sold sliggtly less then MMX 4. Bad sign because Domino solo was rumoured to end soon.

This is so depressing because it's so good! Think we can get to at least 12?

Incredible Member

Right?! So good! I pre-ordered the trade and started a digital subscription in addition to my LCS pull.

Of course, Weapon X and Exiles have been doing a lot less for several issues. Maybe it's too soon to worry?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This is so depressing because it's so good! Think we can get to at least 12?
    Ongoings, no matter what, always get at least two trades, which means 11 or 12 issues for sure.

If I'm being optimistic I think maybe it'll reach 17-18 issues (3 trades), but anything beyond that seems a bit unrealistic.

I can't help to think that if this book would have been done in early 00s it would have sold insanely well.

Anyway, there's not much more for us to do than keep buying and supporting it. And let's just hope for the best

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Well that’s fucking depressing. And a shame too, Marvel actually trying something new by doing a superhero romance ongoing title rather than a team or a solo. I read so few titles, I’m basically MMX, Runaways & Saga. I really don’t want a complete market of just typical superhero crap. (Not that there’s anything WRONG with it, just the market is oversalturated with it). Hopefully the digital sales are solid - that’s how I’m reading and then snapping up the trade when available. Marvel giving KT the Jessica Jones title digital only release and then trade makes me slightly optimistic that they are not relaying solely on print single issues to justify keeping a title in production. Fingers crossed y’all.

IDK, here’s hoping Marvel isn’t quick to axe and allows the title to find its audience.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I just really hope Marvel won't read this as "Oh look, the fans don't care about characters being married/having long-term relationships".
    Make Good Art

Some good news, X-men Monday is here!

While Jordan is away I will fill the void! LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING HERO! First up some #MrAndMrsX flavored #xmenmonday - this is from #MMX #6 out in December. Art by @davizlopez. SWOON! #Gambit

Is it just me or Lopez's Gambit looks kinda like Daryl from The Walking Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Well that’s fucking depressing. And a shame too, Marvel actually trying something new by doing a superhero romance ongoing title rather than a team or a solo. I read so few titles, I’m basically MMX, Runaways & Saga. I really don’t want a complete market of just typical superhero crap. (Not that there’s anything WRONG with it, just the market is oversalturated with it). Hopefully the digital sales are solid - that’s how I’m reading and then snapping up the trade when available. Marvel giving KT the Jessica Jones title digital only release and then trade makes me slightly optimistic that they are not relaying solely on print single issues to justify keeping a title in production. Fingers crossed y’all.

IDK, here’s hoping Marvel isn’t quick to axe and allows the title to find its audience.
    Well and this is it exactly. It probably is a fairly niche market for a super duo book with a romantic angle and it's probably a huge percentage of female fans who are already a smaller portion of the typical market anyway. Pulling in the general X-fan is hard unless they specifically like these two characters. I would be totally happy with more books being digital release only with trades to collect though. It would be a wise move for these character focused titles and miniseries. I agree, the typical big action superheroes appeal to me much less and especially the overexposed heros like Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine . . . I feel like we've had enough of their stories . . . Well I have at least.