Page 49 of 196 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I'm not sure that I'd want a newly-hatched baby who was running around naked a few minutes earlier to play psychiatrist. It feels as if that could go horribly, horribly wrong.

Rogue should just have a chat with Jean when she gets home.
    I think what happened to Rogue goes much deeper than having a chat with Jean. I feel there are pieces missing, hidden truths that need to come out, and the possibility there may have been a connection to an event that took place years ago. Besides, isn't Jean caught up in that "Mutant Nation" gobblygook?

BANNED

I'm not sure that I'd want a newly-hatched baby who was running around naked a few minutes earlier to play psychiatrist. It feels as if that could go horribly, horribly wrong.

Rogue should just have a chat with Jean when she gets home.
    If it's something psychological she should go to Emma. They were friendly during that Golgotha story and Emma managed to "turn off" Scott's powers.

Xavier just seemed to not want to actually help her, Jean someone would say "oh it's the Phoenix"...if it were Emma I feel she'd find a way for Rogue to help herself.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    If it's something psychological she should go to Emma. They were friendly during that Golgotha story and Emma managed to "turn off" Scott's powers.

Xavier just seemed to not want to actually help her, Jean someone would say "oh it's the Phoenix"...if it were Emma I feel she'd find a way for Rogue to help herself.
    I'm not sure either Gambit or Rogue would be into that, given how the, uh, sex therapy went. Rogue seemed fairly unimpressed with her sessions.

emmatherapy.jpg

I'm not sure either Gambit or Rogue would be into that, given how the, uh, sex therapy went. Rogue seemed fairly unimpressed with her sessions.

emmatherapy.jpg
    Agreed. Those sessions didn't go super well and I got a distinct impression that Emma wasn't very fond of Remy. But as I've said before I have a certain level of hate for that entire Milligan run and how he was writing Gambit and Rogue at the time felt completely out of sync with how they were written by Claremont in the preceding X-Treme run. So who knows, maybe KT could make it work. I always thought Emma of all people would understand Remy considering how often she has played both sides of the line.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Agreed. Those sessions didn't go super well and I got a distinct impression that Emma wasn't very fond of Remy. But as I've said before I have a certain level of hate for that entire Milligan run and how he was writing Gambit and Rogue at the time felt completely out of sync with how they were written by Claremont in the preceding X-Treme run. So who knows, maybe KT could make it work. I always thought Emma of all people would understand Remy considering how often she has played both sides of the line.
    Milligan made me quit reading comic books for like 6+ years.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Sales numbers for Mr and Mrs X #2 are here, 29,337 that's a big drop

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    There are always huge drops between first issues and second issues. Just look at any other recent series such as Domino, Xmen Red, and literally any other first issue. 29,337 isn't anything to worry about considering the flagship Xmen Titles (Red, Blue, Gold) didn't fare much better. Red sold around 39K, Gold issues sold around 32-33k, and Mr & Mrs. X outsold the two Blue issues which barely broke 28k. Those numbers are a far cry from what the flagship Xmen titles sold in their primes back in the 80s and 90s, those titles literally sold 10X more than current Xmen titles. Mr and Mrs. X is doing alright considering it's a secondary series and not a flagship title. What'll help its longevity now is maintaining it's numbers in future issues when compared to it's sales for the second issue. If it can stay in the 20k-30k sales range then it can definitely last a while (possibly 2 years or more). Or it can get lucky like Ms. Marvel, which is on it's 33rd issue despite only selling 13k copies. That's why it's important for everyone who loves these characters to support Mr & Mrs. X by buying physical copies or at least support it digitally on Comixology or Marvel's webstore.

Yet another reason to support Mr & Mrs. X aside from KT's interesting storytelling and good dialogue.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 09-17-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    There are always huge drops between first issues and second issues. Just look at any other recent series such as Domino, Xmen Red, and literally any other first issue. 29,337 isn't anything to worry about considering the flagship Xmen Titles (Red, Blue, Gold) didn't fare much better. Red sold around 39K, Gold issues sold around 32-33k, and Mr & Mrs. X outsold the two Blue issues which barely broke 28k. Those numbers are a far cry from what the flagship Xmen titles sold in their primes back in the 80s and 90s, those titles literally sold 10X more than current Xmen titles. Mr and Mrs. X is doing alright considering it's a secondary series and not a flagship title. What'll help its longevity now is maintaining it's numbers in future issues when compared to it's sales for the second issue. If it can stay in the 25k-30k sales range then it can definitely last a while (possibly 2 years or more). Or it can get lucky like Ms. Marvel, which is on it's 33rd issue despite only selling 13k copies. That's why it's important for everyone who loves these characters to support Mr & Mrs. X by buying physical copies or at least support it digitally on Comixology or Marvel's webstore.
    Yes, exactly. It's hanging up there with the team books and that is saying something. We knew a big drop would happen without all the variants and the hype of #1. Still doing better than Multiple Man, New Mutants, and Exiles. But it is still getting great praise on nearly every major X-podcast. I also have to think there are so many digital only and trade buyers out there now, that they clearly can't look at single sales alone. But yeah, we just have to keep up supporting it and hope it can keep up steam. Plots like this mystery kid of Xavier's will really help fuel it though!

It's an expected drop. For whatever mysterious reason, people still speculate in comics, and think they can make money off of it. So, you expect the sales of any #1 to be grossly inflated, especially if it has multiple covers AND a wedding angle.

Besides, I don't know how useful the Diamond sales numbers are in the modern market. They only give a part of the picture, since they don't include digital. If a book has a predominantly female or younger audience, they may not even give the main part of the picture. (See the obvious Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Squirrel Girl examples.)

Hoped that #2 would sell more but it is kinda standart drop for second issue nowadays. I think as long as Domino solo won't be cancelled we may not be afraid about MMX cancellation too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hoped that #2 would sell more but it is kinda standart drop for second issue nowadays. I think as long as Domino solo won't be cancelled we may not be afraid about MMX cancellation too.
    Isn't it a LS? I didn't think it was an ongoing.

On December 5, get in the holiday spirit with Marvel's MERRY X-MEN!

Read 25 holiday tales of the merry mutants all in one issue! What does Magneto do for Hanukkah? What’s Rogue and Gambit’s first married Christmas like? Is Jubilee truly the master of navigating malls during the holidays? These questions and more are answered as all your favorite X-Men and more creators than you can shake a jingle bell at come together for a holiday celebration to last all month long!

Featuring stories from Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, Rainbow Rowell, Chris Claremont, Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson, Charles Soule, Tini Howard, Charlamagne Tha God, Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, Vita Ayala, Styles P, Cullen Bunn, Jean Grae, Esoteric, Sina Grace, Al Ewing, Leah Williams, Marco Failla, Kris Anka, Ryan Browne, and so many more, you won't want to miss the festivities in this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Isn't it a LS? I didn't think it was an ongoing.
    Domino is ongoing.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love the cover! Can't wait to see Rogue and Gambit's first Christmas. Theories on what they got each other?
    Make Good Art