Page 51 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I just love to see them happy together.
    No doubt. It's just so wonderful to see these moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Ah, Advent calendar style. Witty. Does each page come with a chocolate?

I would think so...it would be funny if she had a stipulation in her contract with Marvel about being "head Romy/Rambit writer". LOL

As for the cover...have we determined who the redhead is? Jean? EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's been confirmed it's Jean.
    That would be amazing if KT was the head of the "Romy/Rambit" writing...

and yep, Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Love the cover! Can't wait to see Rogue and Gambit's first Christmas. Theories on what they got each other?
    Is that redhead supposed to be Jean?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Is that redhead supposed to be Jean?
    lol, yes.

Sandmans_Raven

I'm thinking Remy is getting her lingerie now.

And she'll wear it for him?

jk

When I think of real answers I'll post again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Ah, Advent calendar style. Witty. Does each page come with a chocolate?

I would think so...it would be funny if she had a stipulation in her contract with Marvel about being "head Romy/Rambit writer". LOL

As for the cover...have we determined who the redhead is? Jean? EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's been confirmed it's Jean.
    A box of X-chocolates. Haha. I mean . . . Yeah, who am I kidding I would buy it.

Yeah, I kind of don't know what other writer I really trust with them other than KT right now. Maybe Claremont . . . Or Tom Taylor . . . . But let's just say KT licked them and they are now hers.

And apparently that is Jean according to the Holiday issue thread.

So I'm thinking maybe a cat cameo will happen? Decorating the tree? So many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    A box of X-chocolates. Haha. I mean . . . Yeah, who am I kidding I would buy it.

Yeah, I kind of don't know what other writer I really trust with them other than KT right now. Maybe Claremont . . . Or Tom Taylor . . . . But let's just say KT licked them and they are now hers.

And apparently that is Jean according to the Holiday issue thread.
    Has anyone heard if CC has commented on the Romy wedding? I haven't read anything.

So I'm thinking maybe a cat cameo will happen? Decorating the tree? So many possibilities.
    Yeah, that would be the perfect opportunity to sneak them in.

Gosh, I'm really liking that Holiday issue cover by David Nakayama. Great art.

Has anyone heard if CC has commented on the Romy wedding? I haven't read anything.

Yeah, that would be the perfect opportunity to sneak them in.

Gosh, I'm really liking that Holiday issue cover by David Nakayama. Great art.
    Agreed! It is really creative. Sure it's not perfect, but it's fun and sweet and I kind love it.

I am super curious what Claremont thinks. Sometimes he seems sort of annoyed that fans have taken to them so strongly as a couple (as in over Scott and Jean) in interviews, but then he has been one of their better writers and frequently pairs them up. He gave them X-Treme and The End. Plus I think he was glad the Kittylosus wedding fell through since he wants to pair Kitty with Rachel?

I think I read somewhere that he wasn't a fan of superhero weddings in general (Storm and Black Panther were mentioned), but yeah he's written a lot of Romy...so who knows. Love to hear his take on it though.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    lol, yes.

Sandmans_Raven

I'm thinking Remy is getting her lingerie now.

And she'll wear it for him?

jk

When I think of real answers I'll post again.
    Ha! That or a whip
    Make Good Art

Anyone else follow JDW or Fabian Nicieza on Twitter?

Incredible Member

Yeah, that makes me think it’s been too long since I’ve read Fab’s run because I’m not remembering any type of context for that off the top of my head. Interesting.

I am following both. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-18-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Yeah, that makes me think it’s been too long since I’ve read Fab’s run because I’m not remembering any type of context for that off the top of my head. Interesting.
    I know what you guys are talking about it. But Gambit has given no hints that he's anything but straight. And I don't trust Marvel with developing a bisexual/gay character that's been a straight character his entire existence after they way they handled Iceman. All of a sudden Jean tells Iceman he's gay without any real development or lead up to it, and Iceman doesn't question it. Not to mention his whole personality changed just right out of the blue. I shudder thinking about how much better that could have been handled, instead it just felt like the rushed it through for the sake of just having a gay x-man.

Fabian is probably referring to 2 things here. One is in his run Courier morphed (I think permanently) into a very attractive woman and Gambit made a couple funny passes at her afterwards. They did eventually kiss close to the end of the series but that was it, and even that moment felt like more of touching empathetic moment than a romantic one. To me this doesn't imply that Gambit is bisexual at all because no interactions between Gambit and Courier had any sort of romantic undertones when Courier was a man. Coupled with the fact that Gambit only made the funny quips at Courier when he became a hot woman only reinforce how he was doing it to tease him and because he was portrayed as a sort of a horndog towards attractive women back then. If you re-read Nicieza's run all this seems painfully obvious. Fabian could also be referring to how James Asmus had plans to reveal that Remy was bisexual but then had to scrap his plans because editorial wouldn't approve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Right, that was a head scratcher for me. Other than kissing Courier at the end, but he's also in a woman's body at that point. I knew that Asmus had wanted to explore that angle, but hadn't heard that it was Fabian's understanding of the character before.

Gambit is not bi and shouldn`t be changed into bi. Iceman story was written poorly.

I am glad that we have KT.