Page 87 of 196 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Oh, so worth the wait. Gambit breaking out of those cuffs was fantastic.

The Xandra hug definitely looks like there's skin contact. Could be an artistic mistake...or not.
    I was wondering about this too. I couldn't tell if her clothes are partially flesh toned or if she's bare armed. And Rogue's reaction . . . Can't tell if it's surprise from Xandra's warm welcome or nervousness about physical contact or maybe even shock at feeling some maternal-esk instinct. Yeah, I'm ready for that next panel!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I was wondering about this too. I couldn't tell if her clothes are partially flesh toned or if she's bare armed. And Rogue's reaction . . . Can't tell if it's surprise from Xandra's warm welcome or nervousness about physical contact or maybe even shock at feeling some maternal-esk instinct. Yeah, I'm ready for that next panel!
    That panel alone does make me believe what a lot of us are theorizing: that Xandra might play a role in helping Rogue figure out her powers...but then again that hug could mean nothing. It's so very intriguing. I can't wait until Wednesday!

Astonishing Member

I dunno, it kinda looks like xandra has gold sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit that on second inspection (zoomed in this time, thank you very much), it kind of does.

Anyone else notice how Gambit's Shi'ar garb has a trench coat-like aspect? Nice touch. I'm very interested in seeing what version of their uniforms Oscar will be giving them in the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah. She does...

It just felt as if there was a very deliberate attempt to establish that Rogue no longer had her powers suppressed. I guess we will see on Wednesday!

I have to say, the whole open with Rogue hiding the lock pick in her mouth, Remy's comment about his body search being more like a 3rd date, and then retrieving the pick with what had to be a long awkward tongue heavy kiss (upside-down no less!), then Rogue giving him a hard time while he wows her with his escape skills . . . Soooooo perfectly them and so smoking hot. Can you imagine this scene played out on the big screen?! Maybe not this specific space scenario, but damn . . . If they ever do a R & G movie they better be consulting KT on that script!!!

I do love these Shi'ar costumes, even if Rogue's is a bit impractical for battle, it fits well for being under cover. I think Remy has to be enjoying it. I really like the brown tones on Remy's costume and the sleeveless coat does everything his trench/duster does for flourish and drama. Great designs by Oscar!

Yeah, I think you guys are right about Xandra's outfit now that I look closer. But there is something in the weight of Rogue's silent response to her enthusiastic hug that feels like it means something? Maybe she's just touched by her affection for them? Guess we'll see!

I'm racking my brain to guess what KT is up to, but I'm coming up with nothing very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Yeah. She does...

It just felt as if there was a very deliberate attempt to establish that Rogue no longer had her powers suppressed. I guess we will see on Wednesday!
    Yeah I backtracked on the last issue and realized she is certainly covered up but I'm quite sure the color scheme was on purpose for this moment...

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I have to say, the whole open with Rogue hiding the lock pick in her mouth, Remy's comment about his body search being more like a 3rd date, and then retrieving the pick with what had to be a long awkward tongue heavy kiss (upside-down no less!), then Rogue giving him a hard time while he wows her with his escape skills . . . Soooooo perfectly them and so smoking hot. Can you imagine this scene played out on the big screen?! Maybe not this specific space scenario, but damn . . . If they ever do a R & G movie they better be consulting KT on that script!!!

I do love these Shi'ar costumes, even if Rogue's is a bit impractical for battle, it fits well for being under cover. I think Remy has to be enjoying it. I really like the brown tones on Remy's costume and the sleeveless coat does everything his trench/duster does for flourish and drama. Great designs by Oscar!

Yeah, I think you guys are right about Xandra's outfit now that I look closer. But there is something in the weight of Rogue's silent response to her enthusiastic hug that feels like it means something? Maybe she's just touched by her affection for them? Guess we'll see!

I'm racking my brain to guess what KT is up to, but I'm coming up with nothing very plausible.
    Kelly is really doing a great job with their interactions and portraying them together. Heh. Yeah, it'd be awesome to see them on the big screen and have KT as a consultant since she has a great grip on both their characters. She's doing better with Rogue but right now the focus will be on her so I'm anxious to see how she does with Remy in the arc following Rogue and Gambit Forever.

Oscar did a helluva job with their Shi'ar outfits. I love the added touch to Remy's outfit.

HOT. Both of them. These two are finally being given the treatment and care that they've deserved for a very long time... like, 25 years.

Since I'm almost certain there's no Variant I'm thinking I can justify paying for the digital and floppy. I really don't think I will have the patience to wait until 10 A.M. my time. Seriously.

No Variant, right?
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I get incredibly frustrated watching the x-films and even The Gifted thinking of how we have to wait years before seeing our fave two on the big screen. Geez, we don't even get animated series or films. It's kind of ridiculous we're getting two films about Dark Phoenix and we have yet to have a decent size role for Gambit or Rogue (for the record, I don't even consider Anna Paquin's character as Rogue). Sorry, just venting.

Incredible Member

KT tweeted that those are Dodson’s designs! And he replied he did a lot of study on Jim Lee’s stuff. And Oscar totally makes the designs shine! We have so many awesome and thoughtful contributors.

Nox, I don't blame you for venting. My heart has been crushed by the X-Men movies and lack of Gambit and Rogue. And no, Anna Paquin DOES NOT COUNT. She was an awful choice. Almost as bad as Tatum trying to be Gambit... okay, maybe not that bad.

Couplest, thank you for that info. Damn, well bravo to Dodson then. He can't nail their faces but he at least hooked up their sexy threads.

Well, good on Dodson...though I do agree with AppleJ that Rogue's outfit is a tad impractical. Too much skin showing for a girl who can't control her powers, LOL.

@ Romy Ship: I look forward to Disney/Marvel cleaning house so we won't be stuck with Singer/Donner/Kinberg anymore.

Oops, my bad! Kudos to Dodson then! The Shi'ar seem to like a lot of leg on their gals.

Yeah, I think Anna Paquin felt more like Rogue when she played Sookie in True Blood than in X-Men. Though to be fair I think that was how she was directed to act. Kind of more an amalgamation of young Kitty, Jubilee, and young runaway Rogue, more like how Evo Rogue would be. But we lost the whole part of her character backstory where she was completely alienated from her bio family and raised by Mystique and became a criminal who stole powers from Ms. Marvel. We don't get her redemption story or her sassy badass flying brick personality. That seriously needs to be rectified in the MCU.

And Kitch's Gambit just didn't quite capture him either, though again I can't really put it on the actor entirely. The floating cards . . . Just no. Hair is wrong and he looks like a magician in that hat and suit. They didn't even try to do the eyes and used purple instead of pink?! Accent wrong. Boo.

I am truly curious to see what Kinberg does with Dark Phoenix, though I'm super super annoyed that they are doing this storyline AGAIN when I'd much rather see the MCU tackle it since they already have the cosmic part of the universe well in hand. I predict we'll probably get yet another Phoenix story in 10 years or less. But before that we darn well better get an ACCURATE Gambit and Rogue onscreen!

I'm very curious to see how Marvel/Disney will approach the X-men. With Spider-man, they didn't bother showing his origin. I assumed they didn't want to keep retelling the same story, so I hope they do the same with X-men. Give us "new" stories, keep it closer to the comics, and focus a bit more on unexplored A-list characters.

Sales numbers of MMX #3 are here: 24,250.
    I hope it gets stable around 23k so we get a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Sales numbers of MMX #3 are here: 24,250.
    I hope it gets stable around 23k so we get a long run.
    Where do you find this info?
    I'm curious how Issue #1 did compared to issue #2

I know the numbers were posted somewhere but I have no idea what page they're on.

For those of you who buy the digital copy what site do you prefer to use? I'm going to have to buy issue #4 both digital and floppy because I am giving in to lack of patience this time around. I won't be able to wait for 10 a.m. to roll around this issue. That and there are no more variants to buy. Le Sigh.