Page 12 of 196 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Kelly just answered a bunch of asks on Tumblr, all good stuff. Sounds like Bella Donna will show up in #6! Whoot!!
    I love Belladonna. She needs her own series.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    One of my favorite explanations for the searing pink is that Gambit is such a good thief that he feel he needs a handicap to have a challenge. Hence, the glow-in-the-dark colors.

But that Red X symbol does not look good on anyone. It's as if it's a velcro patch that they all reluctantly stuck on their clothes.

I liked that, other than the beanie that made the occasional, heinous appearance.
    The beanie was worth it for the "dont care what the hat says... I'm not a slytherin" line
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Kelly just answered a bunch of asks on Tumblr, all good stuff. Sounds like Bella Donna will show up in #6! Whoot!!
    What happened to her getting murdered in Deadpool: Assassin?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    What happened to her getting murdered in Deadpool: Assassin?
    Supposedly it’s out of continuity... but Bunn said it was main so I don’t know.

Kelly said MMX is a standalone ongoing that doesn’t tie in with Uncanny... does that just mean that timelines don’t matter in this case?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Supposedly it’s out of continuity... but Bunn said it was main so I don’t know.

Kelly said MMX is a standalone ongoing that doesn’t tie in with Uncanny... does that just mean that timelines don’t matter in this case?
    Bunn's mini is it's own stand alone story, this is what Kelly was told by Marvel according to what she posted on tumblr. That means that it's not part of the main continuity, it's basically just a short story. Deadpool's ongoing by Nic Klein is the main title that does follow continuity. MMX is a stand alone ongoing in the same sense as Xmen Red, in that it is part of the mainline continuity so nothing can happen in it that would contradict something in Uncanny and vic versa, but it's stories happen around the events of Uncanny. Kelly confirmed this in the Caped and Lunatics when she said she was developing the second arc of MMX to fall in line with the other mainline Xbooks, the second arc starts after Uncanny Disassembled ends. So basically she's writing the second arc to fall in line and not contradict anything that happens in Uncanny. It's similar to how Jean just appeared in Extermination #1 and Xmen Red #6 at the same time in two completely separate stories. One just takes place at a different time than the other, usually the story in the issue that comes out first means it takes place chronologically before the story in the issue that comes out afterwards. I.e. X-men Red #6 takes place before Extermination #1.

Kelly Thompson is also a Marvel Exclusive writer so I'm taking her word and siding with what she says.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i wont believe that myself. Deadpool Assassin is good and uses continuity especially where Thernody is concerned. it should be in continuity since it doesnt say its not any where on the comic IMO
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    i wont believe that myself. Deadpool Assassin is good and uses continuity especially where Thernody is concerned. it should be in continuity since it doesnt say its not any where on the comic IMO
    You can choose to believe what you want but I'll believe the Marvel exclusive writer (Kelly Thompson), who's also a part of the trio writing Uncanny Xmen, that has publicly stated this. No offense to the writer of Deadpool Assassin, Bunn, but he's publicly admitted that some of his planned arcs for Xmen blue were canned and he wasn't put on Xmen Black Magneto despite being the main Magneto writer the past few years. Just because Deadpool Assassin is a good story doesn't mean it's part of the mainline continuity, there are plenty of good stand alone stories and minis that are very well written. And of course it's going to incorporate continuity to a certain degree, every comic by Marvel or DC follows basic continuity whether or not it's a mainline title.

But enough about that, this isn't a Deadpool appreciation thread. We were just discussing Deadpool in terms of how he relates to Rogue and Gambit.

Cool! Fingers crossed for Jean-Luc and Tante.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I love Belladonna. She needs her own series.
    Belladonna is the Talia al Ghul in Gambit's life. Rogue is obviously the Catwoman.

I'd find it so funny if they played with the X-Men Vol. 2 #8 marriage reveal and had Belladonna* get hit the face with a pie this time.

*Or Remy.

Fingers crossed for trip down to NOLA for our newlyweds. Good reason to run into Belladonna plus Jean-Luc and Tante. That issue just sounds really awesome from all the hints.

As for the current arc, so much good stuff coming up. And yeah, now I'm thinking it has to be a Phoenix Egg if they'd kill to keep it out of the wrong hands.

Back to the green beanie, it was very cute and made sense in the Asmus run because they were out in the cold. Plus it's funny to me that it's green because, duh Slytherin colors. Think it was from Rogue? Now when it shows up later in other books like Avengers and Gold as part of the costume, that was stupid.

Back to the green beanie, it was very cute and made sense in the Asmus run because they were out in the cold. Plus it's funny to me that it's green because, duh Slytherin colors. Think it was from Rogue? Now when it shows up later in other books like Avengers and Gold as part of the costume, that was stupid.
    All right, someone needs to please explain to me this "Slytherin" remark and how it applies to the scene in question. I've come to realize that it's a Harry Potter reference (I think?), but I've never read Harry Potter and so the reference has gone right over my head, LOL.

Astonishing Member

Ha, Harry Potter stuff has infiltrated pop culture and daily conversation.

In Harry Potter, all the kids who have magic go to a wizard in training school. The main one is Hogwarts. Hogwarts is a boarding school, the kids live there and there are four 'dorm buildings' called 'houses,' the four houses are griffindor, ravenclaw, hufflepuff and Slytherin. When the kids first come to Hogwarts there's a 'sorting hat' (which is an actual hat) that kinda reads their mind/personality and decides which 'house' they'll live in and it figures this based on personality and such. Harry and his friends are all griffindor and the 'bad kids' are almost all slytherin.

In the first book, when Harry has the sorting hat on, it's 'talking' to him and saying that he could make a good slytherin because he's powerful and smart, but Harry doesn't want to be a slytherin because he's already heard that most of the 'dark wizards' were from there. So that's the context, Gambit is saying he doesn't care what the sorting hat says, he doesn't want to be a slytherin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Belladonna is the Talia al Ghul in Gambit's life. Rogue is obviously the Catwoman.
    Good compression.

Now i'm waiting for the reveal of Gambit having an assasing child that he didn't knew about for years and that Belladona keep under strict secret for years oh the drama!!!