Page 100 of 196 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I must say that I liked the issue better after the second/third reading. I think the arc could have benefited from a sixth issue with them sneaking around amongst the Shi'ar like AppleJ has previously mentioned, but it's still a great story so far. It just moves so fast.

I still don't know what to make of that explosion. At first glance I thought Deathbird had a hand in it (just judging by her dialogue before it happens), but the actual explosion--and Rogue's hand on Xandra--implies something else. It's probably disorienting on purpose...and it worked. I'm looking forward to next issue.
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing in regards to the arc needing a 6th issue. It's a bit of an epic, almost worthy of a movie with its scope. I too would've liked to have seen more of them sneaking around in their disguises, not easy I guess when you have just 20 pages to deal with, and obviously KT wanted to finish that issue with that cliffhanger, so there had to be room for that too.

But the story arc as a whole has been really entertaining so far. It's pretty much had everything.

If they do go down the path of Rogue slowly learning to control her powers, the first time she messes up and accidentally absorbs Remy is gonna be a fantastic storytelling opportunity for him to be supportive when she inevitably has a guilty freak out.

Also, Rogue looked especially amazing in her Shi'Ar outfit, it was a fun different look for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    If they do go down the path of Rogue slowly learning to control her powers, the first time she messes up and accidentally absorbs Remy is gonna be a fantastic storytelling opportunity for him to be supportive when she inevitably has a guilty freak out.

Also, Rogue looked especially amazing in her Shi'Ar outfit, it was a fun different look for her.
    I have been thinking this too. At some point or another she's going to absorb him either on accident or while practicing with her powers, it just seems inevitable given the intimacy and space they are sharing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    yessssssssss
    Chewie and Kelly combined may force me to pick that up.
    yeah hopefully Rogue will make a apperance in Kelly's Captain Marvel or vise versa Carol and Rogue interaction would be great especially over cats.

100 pages, yay!!!

I am sure that Rogue will appear in Cap marvel new solo. Don`t want to see Danvers in MMX.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    yeah hopefully Rogue will make a apperance in Kelly's Captain Marvel or vise versa Carol and Rogue interaction would be great especially over cats.
    Kelly's been hinting at that on her Tumblr.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

I believe there is a barrier in Rogue's sub-conscious that does not allow her to control her power. It may have been created by a traumatic event that took place years ago. I believe a psychic cannot break down this barrier. I believe only long-hidden truths about why this traumatic event really took place will this barrier be broken down. The barrier may be reinforced by Rogue's sub-conscious need for self recrimination over the tramatic event. Only the truth will set Rogue free. Then Rogue will slowly learn to control her power.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I would love it, but Remy does not have the level to hurt someone of level over human, less to seriously injure someone with super strength, it is sad to operate, so Remy's power level has been lowered in the last decades.
    Actually after his last solo there is no official level for his power. He died and resurrected with unknown power levels. We always saw him with his usual street level powers but it is possible that he is an omega level again (like new sun). Personally I don't want him to be an omega. I never liked overpowered characters. Just telling that it is possible that he may hurt more people than we think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    100 pages, yay!!!

I am sure that Rogue will appear in Cap marvel new solo. Don`t want to see Danvers in MMX.
    Honestly, I think I be good either way. It will probably be the first option though.

Spectacular Member

alas once again waiting for my subscription issue...though I'm loving that I get preview online, then snippets of panels online, then finally the physical issue. In a span of 3 weeks.

I've been backreading older posts of concerns of writers doing that own thang and having Rogue with whoever their fave was (Deadpool or Human Torch) and gladly the Romy series put the kibosh on that. Meaning all continuity thru every series whew.

And posting before I forget: reading old issues I have about the Romy saga. I forgotten that in X-men #12, Remy did mention to Rogue he knew of her and Longshot! And in Gambit #8 (Fabian's series) in the letters section, someone asked how old Rogue and Remy were, and Xeditor says late teens early 20s. That was 1999 or 2000. I didn't think Romy were that young!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    alas once again waiting for my subscription issue...though I'm loving that I get preview online, then snippets of panels online, then finally the physical issue. In a span of 3 weeks.

I've been backreading older posts of concerns of writers doing that own thang and having Rogue with whoever their fave was (Deadpool or Human Torch) and gladly the Romy series put the kibosh on that. Meaning all continuity thru every series whew.

And posting before I forget: reading old issues I have about the Romy saga. I forgotten that in X-men #12, Remy did mention to Rogue he knew of her and Longshot! And in Gambit #8 (Fabian's series) in the letters section, someone asked how old Rogue and Remy were, and Xeditor says late teens early 20s. That was 1999 or 2000. I didn't think Romy were that young!
    LOL Probably because Jim Lee drew everyone so . . . mature?

But yes, in the issue where Rogue takes Remy flying while she is blind, Beast comments on how they remind him of when he was young. Also helps explain a lot of their immaturity in handling the difficult aspects of their relationship though?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post

But yes, in the issue where Rogue takes Remy flying while she is blind, Beast comments on how they remind him of when he was young. Also helps explain a lot of their immaturity in handling the difficult aspects of their relationship though?
    Smokey, so wait, how does your subscription work? You wait for the floppy to arrive in the mail but you get previews online? Can you please explain it to me? I wound up pre-ordering the digital from Marvel and then bought 2 floppy's because I gotta do my part to support.

AppleJ, Jim Lee's drawings made them look mature but ironically Oscar's makes them look a lot younger. It's just how it goes with all the different artists thrown into the mix.

See, I had just been thinking a lot of their past and concluded a ton of it probably did have to do with their age in how they handled things way back when. I mean, obviously it was also careless writers or writers that just wanted angst/drama but I do feel it is easier to accept now because they have come a long way since those days. Rogue grew in many ways as a leader but not very much in her own personal life which is what KT is addressing as we speak. Remy's character has matured IMMENSELY from those days. I've seen the change in him thanks to what I've read of Asmus' and Liu's runs. Before their runs Remy was a writer's bad joke (or so it seemed).
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

So who's bright idea was it to take Rogue's control over her powers away so soon after she got them from Xavier and Danger?

It was also a slap in da face to us Romy fans when Rogue wanted to test her newfound control on Gambit by smooching him giving us the moment we've been waiting 20+ years for and then was all oh cool it works, peace out Remy.

Thanks again KT, for fixing that bad memory!
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 10-18-2018 at 02:48 PM.

100 pages, yay!!!

I'm looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

What issue number was that in again? I'm drawing a blank...

100 pages, yay!!!

I'm wondering...since now it's been revealed that Carol's mother is actually a pureblood Kree and her father was an earth human, will she be declared a mutant like Namor?