Page 103 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2938
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I REALLY don't like the Dodson's art. The first time I saw them was the original Harley Quinn series in 2000. It worked for her series, but EVERY face has been the same for 18 years. It's lazy and unattractive. Like reading Lego characters.
    Same. Writing is epic, coloring is fine, line drawing is okay, covers are terrible.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spectacular Member

Romy Ship the code didn't work am I entering on the wrong site? I tried both Marvel and Comixology

Smokes, I just sent ya the link. Lemme know if ya get it to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't think Gambit killing them all would be realistic, but at the same time he has the capability to take down many of them, especially those without any major super strength/resistance powers.
    I mean, he was able to blow up X-23 into pieces with a single card, so it just depends on how the writer wants to showcase his power level.

To the second point, we still don't fully know the extent of Xandra's power so we should wait for the next issue to get an explanation.
    Anyway, it's not the first time Rogue's powers behave weirdly when in touch with an infant, let's not forget what happened when Mystique made baby Hope touch her.
    You have to be realistic, the Shiar are the majority, although not all of them are super strong or of resistance, they are all of a very high level of power.

Gambit of two decades for here, your level of power is from medium / low to low, you have to be honest, you can hardly beat street level enemies. which is sad because Claremont introduced it, as probably the mutant with more powerful energy powers of the X-Men, much more than Havok Scott or Dazzler, is currently far below them three.

Making X23 fly is not the big deal, she and Wolverine, they only regenerate, but their body is that of an ordinary human, so there's not much merit in that.

Neither do you need someone of great resistance, or if you want to be super strong to resist the powers of Gambit, the Cap America received an explosion to burn clothes loading all his vest, and the damage was? NOTHING, that bothered me a lot, but it's nothing incoherent, that's how Gambit's powers have been portrayed to this day, and Steve only has strength over human, he does not even classify as super strong, and he does not have invulnerability, only a resistance a little above the human level. X_X

It is trite but Gambit only looks like a power to take into account when using its Death powers, so I would like them to be used from time to time.

For the rest it is quite obvious that Rogue or Xandra are dead XD, there is no expectation in this hehehe.

I loved the number, the beginning and the spectacular medium, I loved that Rogue spoke for her lack of control, that tells us that she (and the writer) are going to do their part so that she regains control, I love Rogue and its flying brick powers, but I like its powers of absorption more, and it is the one that makes it one of the most powerful mutants of the planet and of unlimited potential, not the base powers of superman XD, so it's time for me to recover the control.

I liked very much to see Rogue kicking ass and use his super speed in flight, it was sublime, Xandra I find adorable, and remy and his skills for the escape were very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Issue was fun, but I think we all know the real reason Rogue doesn’t want her powers fixed is because then she wouldn’t want to be with Gambit anymore. Given that that seems to always be the case when that happens.
    That's a big lie and we all know, the only time that Rogue "did not want to be with Remy" was in Legacy and it was because Carey wanted to force the disgusting Rognero, who lasted less than a tremor XD, because gage ending that disgusting relationship.

Also in Legacy Rogue and Gambit they had enough time without being boyfriends, so it does not apply.

The other time Rogue was without his powers, shewas very happy with gambit in sunny valley, so please do not invent more.
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 10-19-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe there is a barrier in Rogue's sub-conscious that does not allow her to control her power. It may have been created by a traumatic event that took place years ago. I believe a psychic cannot break down this barrier. I believe only long-hidden truths about why this traumatic event really took place will this barrier be broken down. The barrier may be reinforced by Rogue's sub-conscious need for self recrimination over the tramatic event. Only the truth will set Rogue free. Then Rogue will slowly learn to control her power.
    Mike does not think this is the case, Rogue lived many years with Mystique before her power manifested, and she seemed to be a happy child.

And when his power manifested was when he kissed Cody, his first love interest, at age 13, so I do not think that's the case.

In addition, Xavier, said clearly, that the Pogue of Rogue "was not developed, nor ready for Rogue to use it 2, and this was the cause of her lack of control.

That and I blame him that he felt when he almost killed Cody, I'm sure I know this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    That's a big lie and we all know, the only time that Rogue "did not want to be with Remy" was in Legacy and it was because Carey wanted to force the disgusting Rognero, who lasted less than a tremor XD, because gage sepoulto that disgusting relationship.

Also in Legacy Rogue and Gambit they had enough time without being boyfriends, so it does not apply.

The other time Rogue was without his powers, he was very happy with gambit in sunny valley, so please do not invent more.
    You make fine points Omegarogue, however, I think we were all just going to ignore that post because it is evident they're just trying to crap on things. Even if this person is reading the book it's obvious they don't care for them as a couple. Don't give them the satisfaction my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    You make fine points Omegarogue, however, I think we were all just going to ignore that post because it is evident they're just trying to crap on things. Even if this person is reading the book it's obvious they don't care for them as a couple. Don't give them the satisfaction my friend.
    You're right my friend, better not to please them, sometimes I forget that there are people who literally hate to see Rogue and Remy together and happy.

Slow news day, so here's a new tumblr post:

Q: While I liked the conversation about Rogue's powers, I'd by more sympathetic if she tried to do something about them. Aside from when Xavier "fixed" them, I only remember one story in Unlimited or something dealing with Charles getting stressed where he and Rogue tried to work on her control. There's been a lot of whining over the years, very little effort to do something. Surely Beast or Forge could have created something to help her practice. Or Jean or Xavier could help with mental issues.

KT: Hmm. Gee. I wonder if that might be a story we’re seeding. HMMMM.

Nothing we aren't expecting already, really. I guess it will happen in the next arc with Mojo...?

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Slow news day, so here's a new tumblr post:

Q: While I liked the conversation about Rogue's powers, I'd by more sympathetic if she tried to do something about them. Aside from when Xavier "fixed" them, I only remember one story in Unlimited or something dealing with Charles getting stressed where he and Rogue tried to work on her control. There's been a lot of whining over the years, very little effort to do something. Surely Beast or Forge could have created something to help her practice. Or Jean or Xavier could help with mental issues.

KT: Hmm. Gee. I wonder if that might be a story we’re seeding. HMMMM.

Nothing we aren't expecting already, really. I guess it will happen in the next arc with Mojo...?
    Yeah, I thought this was a weird question for someone to ask since it's pretty clear that she has dropped seeds for this B plot (Rogue working on power control) in like 3 of the 4 books so far, so it seems pretty clear we're going that direction. Just a matter of how and when. And I have to think something in #5 is going to contribute significantly. We'll see!

I have to say, I admire the patience of the writers and artists who are available to fans on Tumblr and Twitter. I mean, yeah they're your customers and all, but still . . . I mean, I would not be that patient. Oy.

You can tell how much thought KT puts into each issue, so it must get frustrating for her to get short-sighted questions. Oh well, c'est la vie, I suppose.

#5 has me all kinds of intrigued. The explosion, Gambit's injury, how the story will wrap up. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't obsessing over it.

You can tell how much thought KT puts into each issue, so it must get frustrating for her to get short-sighted questions. Oh well, c'est la vie, I suppose.

#5 has me all kinds of intrigued. The explosion, Gambit's injury, how the story will wrap up. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't obsessing over it.
    Truth! I definitely obsess more about the plot of MMX than anything else I'm reading or watching right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I REALLY don't like the Dodson's art. The first time I saw them was the original Harley Quinn series in 2000. It worked for her series, but EVERY face has been the same for 18 years. It's lazy and unattractive. Like reading Lego characters.
    People have cheeks like hamsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Yeah. Besides, the point refutes itself. Gambit is hot, athletic, and very good at sex. Why would Rogue ever want to be able to touch him if she had other choices?

I felt so bad for her during issue #1 where they were clearly having all kinds of good sex. Poor woman. Marriage to Gambit is obviously hellish.

Yup. I'm intensely curious to see how it wraps up in the end. If Rogue and Xandra are indeed dead, how will that be resolved? Will it be Gambit's turn to pull her back from heaven?
    Last edited by DearMachine; 10-20-2018 at 10:31 AM.