Page 13 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Now i'm waiting for the reveal of Gambit having an assasing child that he didn't knew about for years and that Belladona keep under strict secret for years oh the drama!!!
    KT won't write such story but I think such story could happen in future.

I kinda glad that MMX second arc won't be Uncanny tie-in. Let he KT do her own stuff.

Tie-ins and crossovers helps with but that solution is temporary really.

With what book you would like MMX to make a crossover?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I kinda glad that MMX second arc won't be Uncanny tie-in. Let he KT do her own stuff.

Iceman!!! It’s criminal that they have Kitty in his solo over Rogue. But anyway, add Gambit in and their married shenanigans and it’ll be fun. I remember Bobby being tangled in Rogue and Remy’s drama in the past, like after Rogue took off after their crystal wave kiss or that one time when blind Remy tried to get Bobby to fly him to Mississippi where Rogue was. I would like to see something like that but more light-hearted and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Iceman!!! It’s criminal that they have Kitty in his solo over Rogue. But anyway, add Gambit in and their married shenanigans and it’ll be fun. I remember Bobby being tangled in Rogue and Remy’s drama in the past, like after Rogue took off after their crystal wave kiss or that one time when blind Remy tried to get Bobby to fly him to Mississippi where Rogue was. I would like to see something like that but more light-hearted and fun.
    I like Iceman but not a fan of Sina Grace Iceman.

I would like crossover with Domino. Both books are fun and I don't remember Remy to speak with Nina at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    So that's the context, Gambit is saying he doesn't care what the sorting hat says, he doesn't want to be a slytherin.
    OK. I'm in the know now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Now i'm waiting for the reveal of Gambit having an assasing child that he didn't knew about for years and that Belladona keep under strict secret for years oh the drama!!!
    Oh no no no. Let's not go down that road, LOL!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't think they need to crossover with another book, especially a X-Men book. I'd be down for having guest stars in their book like some of Gambits support cast from his last book. Namely Pete Wisdom and Mi:16. But if I had to choose a crossover, probably something like... No clue.

Individually, Gambit and Rogue are very different characters in terms of their levels. Gambit is basically a street level hero that tackles world-class situations as part of the X-Men. Rogue's powerset let her be the tip of the spear on much larger stages. While I'd love to see Gambit alongside Daredevil, Blade and Cage - Rogue wouldn't fit there and would solve too many problems too easily or not have the finesse. Gambit, in kind, isn't the Avengers type and he's definitely not their type of member (even though they've carried Deadpool, Moon Knight and Wolverine...). Mixing them together in a book would be difficult, if not left alone.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

KT is part of the Uncanny team.
    And for a crossover? DEFINITELY X-23.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Belladonna is the Talia al Ghul in Gambit's life. Rogue is obviously the Catwoman.
    Gambit did spend a lot of time in the 90s brooding on rooftops....

And then Sinister would be the Joker. Pale, kinda crazy, bound with him in complex ways.

I think Jessica Jones would be fun. I would enjoy seeing a gritty noir take on Gambit and Rogue, as they get involved in one of Jessica's complicated cases.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I think Jessica Jones would be fun. I would enjoy seeing a gritty noir take on Gambit and Rogue, as they get involved in one of Jessica's complicated cases.
    I could see that! I have really gotten found of Jessica Jones since seeing her first season on Netflex. Had to go back and read the comics, which just made me like the character more. It would be intriguing seeing Rogue and Remy's relationship in comparison with her and Luke's, not to mention the parenting angle with Dani. Plus Remy would naturally fit well into a PI noir scenario. As a brawler, Rogue is more the Luke in that scenario, a bit more of a supportive role. But yes, I could go for this!

The nice thing is even if they don't cross over, sharing a common writer will at least give their story connection to the Uncanny continuity and won't feel like a completely disconnected story.

At some point, I feel like Sinister will have to come back up. He's really the biggest baddie in Remy's life. That connection is always there and having Rogue at his side finally in a supportive role to overcome that particular demon feels so overdue.

At some time, Mags needs to show up so that can feel resolved more completely and satisfyingly put to rest.

Laura and Gabby from X-23 would be a natural fit.

Mystique should probably reappear to cause mischief at some point.

Emma could be fun too.

What about Quicksilver and Wanda? They have both antagonized Remy and Rogue in past books, though Pietro was more amusing than Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    At some point, I feel like Sinister will have to come back up. He's really the biggest baddie in Remy's life. That connection is always there and having Rogue at his side finally in a supportive role to overcome that particular demon feels so overdue.

At some time, Mags needs to show up so that can feel resolved more completely and satisfyingly put to rest.

Laura and Gabby from X-23 would be a natural fit.

Mystique should probably reappear to cause mischief at some point.
    I agree with this...except Mags. Ugh. Not sure if I want to see that addressed again, but it's probably inevitable...

Also, if we're talking about cameos, I'd like to see Sage again. Has she been in anything lately?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 08-19-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I agree with this...except Mags. Ugh. Not sure if I want to see that addressed again, but it's probably inevitable...

Also, if we're talking about cameos, I'd like to see Sage again. Has she been in anything lately?
    Yeah, I know what you mean with Mags. Initially that was my thought too. I want Gambit and Rogue established and secure in their relationship first and their book should be primarily fun, sexy, and action packed. BUT, I think that question will keep coming up especially for some fans until it's addressed more directly. And besides when it comes to antagonists they mutually share and that have big stakes, Mags is up there near the top with Mystique, Belladonna, Sinister and Sabretooth to a lesser extent. To keep the book relevant and engaging, I think KT will have to put some big stakes for their relationship at some point. Stuff that really challenges them. The Thieves Guild is a no brainer and seems like we might get a touch of that?

And I would LOVE to see Sage pop up! It's been forever. She has a decent fan following too.

It's strategically smart to pick guest characters to draw in fans that aren't always big Romy/Rambit followers too, such as Deadpool, Cerise, Technet, to grow interest and boost sales.

There are so many great possibilities!

Hey all, if you're looking for a Gambit and Rogue specific podcast, you might want to check out Bon Temps @ anchor.fm/bontemps. They just started out a few weeks ago and are looking for Romy/Rambit fans to interview. They've done some issue reviews for R&G and MMX.

Yeah, I know what you mean with Mags. Initially that was my thought too. I want Gambit and Rogue established and secure in their relationship first and their book should be primarily fun, sexy, and action packed. BUT, I think that question will keep coming up especially for some fans until it's addressed more directly. And besides when it comes to antagonists they mutually share and that have big stakes, Mags is up there near the top with Mystique, Belladonna, Sinister and Sabretooth to a lesser extent. To keep the book relevant and engaging, I think KT will have to put some big stakes for their relationship at some point. Stuff that really challenges them. The Thieves Guild is a no brainer and seems like we might get a touch of that?

And I would LOVE to see Sage pop up! It's been forever. She has a decent fan following too.

It's strategically smart to pick guest characters to draw in fans that aren't always big Romy/Rambit followers too, such as Deadpool, Cerise, Technet, to grow interest and boost sales.

To me, the biggest challenge to Rogue and Remy is Rogue's power control problem, something that's been ignored for the last 4 years. This is a very personal thing that needs to be dealt with directly and not covered over with band-aid solutions.

Yes, yes, and...yes. I agree with you again. If Mags has to show up, I definitely want KT to write it. At this point, she's the only writer I trust.

I was just flipping through my old X-treme X-men issues and I had forgotten how cool Sage was. I think she was one of my favourite characters at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    To me, the biggest challenge to Rogue and Remy is Rogue's power control problem, something that's been ignored for the last 4 years. This is a very personal thing that needs to be dealt with directly and not covered over with band-aid solutions.
    Definitely this too.