Page 14 of 196 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    To me, the biggest challenge to Rogue and Remy is Rogue's power control problem, something that's been ignored for the last 4 years. This is a very personal thing that needs to be dealt with directly and not covered over with band-aid solutions.
    Definitely and I think it will probably happen, possibly as a B plot. In my mind, Remy won't like her being in pain or risking drug dependency just to be intimate. It's a short term solution. But my guess is it won't be something that is a quick fix with a simple solution either. From interviews, I doubt KT will take her back to the level of control she had under Carey, it made her too powerful and had no consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Definitely and I think it will probably happen, possibly as a B plot. In my mind, Remy won't like her being in pain or risking drug dependency just to be intimate. It's a short term solution. But my guess is it won't be something that is a quick fix with a simple solution either. From interviews, I doubt KT will take her back to the level of control she had under Carey, it made her too powerful and had no consequences.
    I can see the posibility of the problem with Rogue's loss of control being something that affected Rogue's sub-conscious. The event that took place 4 years ago may have triggered a reaction in her sub-conscious to an event that took place years earlier when she was a teenager. Rogue and Remy may not be the only people which will have to deal with the events of the past to free her of this "prison" of the present. I also believe it will take hidden truths that have been hidden for years to finally come out . Yes, there will not be a simple solution. Carey's "control" was too extreme. Simplely letting her being able to turn on and off and keeping the Ionic enhancement would be good enough.

I could see that! I have really gotten found of Jessica Jones since seeing her first season on Netflex. Had to go back and read the comics, which just made me like the character more. It would be intriguing seeing Rogue and Remy's relationship in comparison with her and Luke's, not to mention the parenting angle with Dani. Plus Remy would naturally fit well into a PI noir scenario. As a brawler, Rogue is more the Luke in that scenario, a bit more of a supportive role. But yes, I could go for this!

The nice thing is even if they don't cross over, sharing a common writer will at least give their story connection to the Uncanny continuity and won't feel like a completely disconnected story.

At some point, I feel like Sinister will have to come back up. He's really the biggest baddie in Remy's life. That connection is always there and having Rogue at his side finally in a supportive role to overcome that particular demon feels so overdue.

At some time, Mags needs to show up so that can feel resolved more completely and satisfyingly put to rest.

Laura and Gabby from X-23 would be a natural fit.

Mystique should probably reappear to cause mischief at some point.

Emma could be fun too.

What about Quicksilver and Wanda? They have both antagonized Remy and Rogue in past books, though Pietro was more amusing than Wanda.
    Oh. Ohhhhhh.

Laura and Gabby would be amazing, as KT's issue with them in Hawkeye ruled and Laura and Remy have a great dynamic that Gabby et al could certainly build on, and it would be nice to see Rogue added to this too, of course! It could also tie in to Mister/Miss Sinister for maximum efficiency, due to the clone aspect (Adamantium Agenda) and Miss Sinister appearing in the previous X-23 series, and possibly relating to the search for Rogue's control (maybe just in a discussion of using Sinister to aid with powers issues...)

Emma would be amazing if she, for example, prodded in Rogue's mind to aid with her control problem, while commenting on them both in her inimitable way...

My Mystique Mr & Mrs X pitch? Full mother mode: Mystique insists on staying over... for multiple days. Dun dun dunnnnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Oh. Ohhhhhh.

Laura and Gabby would be amazing, as KT's issue with them in Hawkeye ruled and Laura and Remy have a great dynamic that Gabby et al could certainly build on, and it would be nice to see Rogue added to this too, of course! It could also tie in to Mister/Miss Sinister for maximum efficiency, due to the clone aspect (Adamantium Agenda) and Miss Sinister appearing in the previous X-23 series, and possibly relating to the search for Rogue's control (maybe just in a discussion of using Sinister to aid with powers issues...)

Emma would be amazing if she, for example, prodded in Rogue's mind to aid with her control problem, while commenting on them both in her inimitable way...

My Mystique Mr & Mrs X pitch? Full mother mode: Mystique insists on staying over... for multiple days. Dun dun dunnnnnn!
    Oh God, if Mystique isn't the MIL from hell I don't know who is!

Yeah, I know what you mean with Mags. Initially that was my thought too. I want Gambit and Rogue established and secure in their relationship first and their book should be primarily fun, sexy, and action packed. BUT, I think that question will keep coming up especially for some fans until it's addressed more directly. And besides when it comes to antagonists they mutually share and that have big stakes, Mags is up there near the top with Mystique, Belladonna, Sinister and Sabretooth to a lesser extent. To keep the book relevant and engaging, I think KT will have to put some big stakes for their relationship at some point. Stuff that really challenges them. The Thieves Guild is a no brainer and seems like we might get a touch of that?

And I would LOVE to see Sage pop up! It's been forever. She has a decent fan following too.

It's strategically smart to pick guest characters to draw in fans that aren't always big Romy/Rambit followers too, such as Deadpool, Cerise, Technet, to grow interest and boost sales.

There are so many great possibilities!
    Hey, I know you're 100% right about Mags as much as I despise the whole thing. When you say until the question is addressed more directly do you mean why she hooked up with him? I wish anyone addressing that all of the luck in the world. The pisces in me comes out when it comes to these types of unpleasantries because I fell my initial instinct is to escape into la la land and just pretend we can look the other way forever.

It's funny how in a fictional world that whole relationship infuriates the heck out of me when I think of it as a real life scenario. Lucky for me this is just a story.

But yes, Sinister is definitely another aspect that needs to be addressed as well... that's truly a complex and important aspect of Remy's life we need to have confronted at some point.

There are a ton of great possibilities. I really really hope they go to NOLA in issue #6...
    Sounds like they should be back from space by that point since Bella will make an appearance.

Hey all, if you're looking for a Gambit and Rogue specific podcast, you might want to check out Bon Temps @ anchor.fm/bontemps. They just started out a few weeks ago and are looking for Romy/Rambit fans to interview. They've done some issue reviews for R&G and MMX.
    I finally finished the MMX podcast with Ludi and Jessi, great episode. I definitely need to subscribe and help support as I enjoy their show.

If I'm not mistaken Riley is HawkLeBeau, right? and Jessi is Jehilew?
    It'd be rad if you and Spas would be the next guest(s).

To me, the biggest challenge to Rogue and Remy is Rogue's power control problem, something that's been ignored for the last 4 years. This is a very personal thing that needs to be dealt with directly and not covered over with band-aid solutions.
    Yes, yes, yes!! This is probably the thing I want addressed most. I think that the idea of an updated better tech collar is not the way to go but a decent temporary fix. Rogue needs to be able to gain control back. With Remy at her side I can see him really helping her with this issue. Rogue shouldn't have to depend on tech to live a full life.

Was Rogue able to touch Mags in Legacy only because she had control or would she have been able to regardless?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Oh God, if Mystique isn't the MIL from hell I don't know who is!
    Here is an oldie but a goodie about what Remy might think of his new Mother-in-Law:
    HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EN5eJf5h_k
    Last edited by mikeb; 08-19-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Ha, that's funny, Mikeb.

Oh I have been meaning to share a pic of Kelly's note in my R&G TPB - I've also been meaning to take a better picture but haven't gotten around to it yet.

RG.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

KT has posted a link to a new interview:
    https://twitter.com/AdamChapman427/s...42443629518848

Rogue + Gambit come up at approximately the last 23 minutes or so of the podcast. It's a great interview, though; I recommend listening to all of it if you're a KT fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Ha, that's funny, Mikeb.

Oh I have been meaning to share a pic of Kelly's note in my R&G TPB - I've also been meaning to take a better picture but haven't gotten around to it yet.

RG.jpg
    Along these lines...why is Kitty such a damn ingrate? After the therapy retreat mission was completed, Kitty didn't even give Rogue and Remy the standard "Congratulations on a job well done". Some of the people Rogue rescued thanked her, but Kitty did not. I bet Kitty treats Rogue and Remy the same way after they come home from space and even through Kitty crapped all over their honeymoon. It sucks having a boss that takes you for granite...

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I know what you mean with Mags. Initially that was my thought too. I want Gambit and Rogue established and secure in their relationship first and their book should be primarily fun, sexy, and action packed. BUT, I think that question will keep coming up especially for some fans until it's addressed more directly. And besides when it comes to antagonists they mutually share and that have big stakes, Mags is up there near the top with Mystique, Belladonna, Sinister and Sabretooth to a lesser extent. To keep the book relevant and engaging, I think KT will have to put some big stakes for their relationship at some point. Stuff that really challenges them. The Thieves Guild is a no brainer and seems like we might get a touch of that?

And I would LOVE to see Sage pop up! It's been forever. She has a decent fan following too.

It's strategically smart to pick guest characters to draw in fans that aren't always big Romy/Rambit followers too, such as Deadpool, Cerise, Technet, to grow interest and boost sales.

There are so many great possibilities!
    Yes, I agree with all of this! I love how KT is using guest characters so far. I really only trust her to put the whole Mags thing to rest and write him well as a guest/antagonist. Mr. Sinister is probably my dream antagonist for Mr/Mrs. X.

Hey all, if you're looking for a Gambit and Rogue specific podcast, you might want to check out Bon Temps @ anchor.fm/bontemps. They just started out a few weeks ago and are looking for Romy/Rambit fans to interview. They've done some issue reviews for R&G and MMX.
    I listen to Bon Temps, it's a great podcast with fans who are truly passionate about Romy.

Spectacular Member

I think now is the best time for Rogue's power control issue to be addressed. She's dealt with a lot of insecurities/problems and her state of mind is the clearest it's been possibly ever. I could definitely KT addressing this, at least somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Hey, I know you're 100% right about Mags as much as I despise the whole thing. When you say until the question is addressed more directly do you mean why she hooked up with him? I wish anyone addressing that all of the luck in the world. The pisces in me comes out when it comes to these types of unpleasantries because I fell my initial instinct is to escape into la la land and just pretend we can look the other way forever.

It's funny how in a fictional world that whole relationship infuriates the heck out of me when I think of it as a real life scenario. Lucky for me this is just a story.
    Given all the go rounds on THAT subject, not sure it could EVER be explained satisfactorily for everyone. But perhaps a more direct acknowledgment of what happened could help win a few back. It would also be nice to establish where they stand now in regard to each other.

I finally finished the MMX podcast with Ludi and Jessi, great episode. I definitely need to subscribe and help support as I enjoy their show.

If I'm not mistaken Riley is HawkLeBeau, right? and Jessi is Jehilew?
    It'd be rad if you and Spas would be the next guest(s).
    Yes, that's my understanding. I'm still a relative newb to whos who in the Romy/Rambit army. Ha, I feel unworthy next to all those great fanfic writers and fan artists! But it would be fun to chat with them.

Yes, yes, yes!! This is probably the thing I want addressed most. I think that the idea of an updated better tech collar is not the way to go but a decent temporary fix. Rogue needs to be able to gain control back. With Remy at her side I can see him really helping her with this issue. Rogue shouldn't have to depend on tech to live a full life.

Was Rogue able to touch Mags in Legacy only because she had control or would she have been able to regardless?
    At that time, Rogue had full control of her powers. Though in the past when she attempted to use her absorption on him, he wasn't usually taken down entirely by it.

Along these lines...why is Kitty such a damn ingrate? After the therapy retreat mission was completed, Kitty didn't even give Rogue and Remy the standard "Congratulations on a job well done". Some of the people Rogue rescued thanked her, but Kitty did not. I bet Kitty treats Rogue and Remy the same way after they come home from space and even through Kitty crapped all over their honeymoon. It sucks having a boss that takes you for granite...
    ???? How do you know Kitty didnt thank them? Rogue and Gambit ended with the couple on a beach and we never saw them return to the mansion to know what their first interactions with each other were. Not that it matters bc Ive never seen it customary for the X-men leaders to thank their subordinates every time they complete a mission for them

So, after listening to Jordan's interview via Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, I'm now X-ceptionaly less uptight and/or concerned about continuity and/or timeline stuff -- in favor of simply getting GOOD stories. Continuity is a glorious and lovely side effect/bonus of said good stories.
    However, I gotta say that Jean's aiding Gentle over in X-Men RED, in the way that she does -- although LOVELY and such a well intentioned gesture (yes, the narrative isn't "complete" but..)....I can't help but find myself thinking "Why stop there, Jean? I happen to know a Skunk who'd love to have control of her spongey powers, you know? Help a sistah' out??"
    But yeah, her NOT having control certainly affords us more interesting and dramatic story potential so.....I guess I just talked myself out of my own beef with Jean's RED sitch. haha.

It sucks having a boss that takes you for granite...
    Auto correct on yer cell? lol
    That damn feature gets me constantly.
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-20-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Rogue’s absorption isn’t triggeredd by childhood trauma, though.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"