Page 15 of 196 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? How do you know Kitty didnt thank them? Rogue and Gambit ended with the couple on a beach and we never saw them return to the mansion to know what their first interactions with each other were. Not that it matters bc Ive never seen it customary for the X-men leaders to thank their subordinates every time they complete a mission for them
    So...you don't believe it's Kitty's responsibility to keep up the morale of those under her? I think it is. I remember a line from the pilot episode of a TV show I used to watch 30 years ago.It said "Rank is something you wear, respect is something you earn". The way I see Kitty is doing nothing to earn the respect of those under her. To me, this could lead to another schism.Funny thing, is that in the last issue of U/A, Steve Rogers told Rogue "Leadership isn't just about issuing orders. Unity isn't about one person dictating rules from on high."

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Rogue’s absorption isn’t triggeredd by childhood trauma, though.
    oh my GOD I completely forgot the ACTUAL details of why this solution worked. ha ha ha. This makes way more sense now. My bad. My blunders. ha ha ha.

Rogue’s absorption isn’t triggeredd by childhood trauma, though.
    No...But my thought is her current lack of control, which took place by events that took place in U/A 4 years ago, may have triggered a sub-conscious reaction in her mind to an event that took place when she was a teenager, caused her to lose control her powers again.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    So...you don't believe it's Kitty's responsibility to keep up the morale of those under her? I think it is. I remember a line from the pilot episode of a TV show I used to watch 30 years ago.It said "Rank is something you wear, respect is something you earn". The way I see Kitty is doing nothing to earn the respect of those under her. To me, this could lead to another schism.Funny thing, is that in the last issue of U/A, Steve Rogers told Rogue "Leadership isn't just about issuing orders. Unity isn't about one person dictating rules from on high."
    Well someone needs to tell my boss IRL that one.

But I'll give Kitty the benefit of the doubt this time and assume she thanked them off panel. She's not my favorite character, but I still think she is well intentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Given all the go rounds on THAT subject, not sure it could EVER be explained satisfactorily for everyone. But perhaps a more direct acknowledgment of what happened could help win a few back. It would also be nice to establish where they stand now in regard to each other.
    Yes, it'd be nice for us fans to gain some closure... the last thing anyone needs is more Magneto drama. Magneto is a complex character and "romance" conflict doesn't quite suit him - at least not with someone he's so incompatible with.

Yes, that's my understanding. I'm still a relative newb to whos who in the Romy/Rambit army. Ha, I feel unworthy next to all those great fanfic writers and fan artists! But it would be fun to chat with them.
    Hey lady, I happen to understand you're pretty knowledgeable in the Romy department and your insights would make you a great guest to have on. Personally, I hope it happens.

At that time, Rogue had full control of her powers. Though in the past when she attempted to use her absorption on him, he wasn't usually taken down entirely by it.
    Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure since I get easily mixed up by all the crazy stories I've missed in the last decade.

So excited for tomorrow!
    45B644D8-F38F-424C-876C-E12104E143AB.jpg
    F9A0418E-75E7-4C4C-B7CD-0549D19EAD6B.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Rogue & Gambit, and they had MMX 2 and Red 7 out for tomorrow, and I had a brief discussion, and I COULD have read the copies in my folder, but I have things to do, so I need to wait until tomorrow.
    ughhhh
    Then I went to half price books, sold some books, and got X-23: Target X and Phoenix Resurrection.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I just saw the solicitation for November's MMX #5, but there is no cover art. Why?

I just saw the solicitation for November's MMX #5, but there is no cover art. Why?
    Here

MR. AND MRS. X #5
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • OSCAR BAZALDUA (A)
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    • Gambit and Rogue’s honeymoon/mission has been crashed by the likes of Deadpool, the Imperial Guard, the Technet, Deathbird, Shi’ar rebels…
    • …and now the Starjammers! Best honeymoon ever?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Here

Wow, that is a thing of beauty! Looks like the Dodson's are hitting their stride. Gambit looks more himself.

I went to my comic shop to pick up my copy of Rogue & Gambit, and they had MMX 2 and Red 7 out for tomorrow, and I had a brief discussion, and I COULD have read the copies in my folder, but I have things to do, so I need to wait until tomorrow.
    ughhhh
    Then I went to half price books, sold some books, and got X-23: Target X and Phoenix Resurrection.
    I do not have your self control!

Interesting why we don't have any variants covers for MMX.
    Cap Marvel new mini has 2 variants for issue 5 and it is only a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Here

I have one question about the cover art. Is Corsair dead or alive? I haven't been keeping up.

Wow, that is a thing of beauty! Looks like the Dodson's are hitting their stride. Gambit looks more himself.
    Yeah, no pink boots for Remy!

Yeah, no pink boots for Remy!
    Yeah, I was so happy to see metal boots again Boots in RED need to dissapear.