Page 161 of 196 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2938
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Omg those jammies! Thanks, KT!

(Also the Gambit jumping panel is gorgeous!)
    Last edited by Couplest; 12-03-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    I was mulling about buying floppy (is this the term, or hardcopy?) for the Xmas issue. Now, not so sure. I'm really thankful we had Oscar for the wedding pics. I didn't think Rogue looked young there, just lovely.
    I'm breaking my no-floppy rule and picking up the Holiday issue. I just love that cover. So. Damn. Much.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I sooooo appreciate that you tried! LOL.
    Yes, we are quite lucky we have Oscar. His art isn't everyone's cup of tea but honestly at least it's pretty to look at. It's grown on me but I wish his characters expressions would convey a little more emotion.

It is a cute hoodie. As long as you don't focus on the face wearing it

Same here AppleJ and Nox. I'm so torn. Based off of the Christmas preview and the awesome previews from #6 I'm not sure what to expect either. I'm going to hope for the best though.
    Yeah, I actually kind of like Oscar's art. He's consistent. Gambit always looks like Gambit, for example. I don't remember a panel where I went, "WTH happened here?" The women he draws always have this "doll head" side profile, though, but I mean...it's not bad...it's just a little too similar. But he has drawn some great Rogue panels. All in all, I'm happy with his work on MMX.

As I'm not too familiar with Lopez's work, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Not jumping to conclusions yet. Even good artist have not-so-good panels.

Aww, the whole picture is very helpful! Thanks KT!

OMG the scene is tender, but I really hope I am a guest artist, the art displeases me completely.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Holy smokes, if those are footie pajamas then this panel just became 100% better
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 12-04-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: "than" to "then"
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Holy smokes, if those are footie pajamas than this panel just became 100% better
    And if it has a butt flap... EVEN BETTER.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 74550

Ok, I LOVE this.
    Beautiful!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    And if it has a butt flap... EVEN BETTER.
    If Remy got them for her then I bet they do haha
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    If Remy got them for her then I bet they do haha
    well that's the best thing I'm going to see today
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Incredible Member

I can’t get to my shop until later today. Has anyone read the holiday issue yet? Is the romy story adorable? What’s the deal with the gambit solo? Any other really good ones?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I can’t get to my shop until later today. Has anyone read the holiday issue yet? Is the romy story adorable? What’s the deal with the gambit solo? Any other really good ones?
    Hey! Yes, I’ve read it! I am going strong with my “I wake up at dawn to download the copy and then head over later in the week to pick up my hard copy at my comic book store” approach.

Spoilers!
    ROMY/RAMBIT story very cute

It’s cute that two of the toughest X-Men still can’t get their cat to take their medicine. I love that they are dealing with Oliver since that one has ties to their possible future son (X-Men: The End). I love their Christmas jammies – I think Gambit is wearing bullwinkle slippers. They are just so cosy and cute. And I love, Love, LOVE that it ends with an adorable kiss between Rogue and Remy. May seem like the simplest thing to everyone else, but being honest, a kiss is NEVER just a kiss with these two. And how many Christmases would have went by for these two who have probably spent many Christmases alone or unwilling to join in on the festivities. THEY DESERVE THIS!

Remy’s solo story

I enjoyed it. I don’t really get why he is spending his Christmas time up to his old tricks in Times Square (let’s say it is a really cool stakeout and he is undercover – feel much better about that), but using his mastery thievery skills to steal back presents and bring joy to children seems very Remy-like.

Remy and Jamie story

Really cute. Gambit must be the ultimate gift-giver. But anyone else wondering why he was going out of town on Christmas? And if so, why is Rogue not with him (she is there when everyone was opening Jamie’s gifts). I’m thinking too much into this right?

Only wish- they had a bit more Rogue in the stories. But I’ll stay happy knowing that her story was a happy one and I’m taking my Gambit stories and running with it.

Did I hide my spoiler's correctly? So sorry if not!

Final thoughts – I can’t believe we are actually getting these stories from Marvel. How many years has it been when something like this would not have been possible? In the fluff X-Men holiday stories, Gambit and Rogue are the happy characters. I LOVE IT!

I'm ready for my Mr. and Mrs. X #6 previews now! Bring it on.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 12-05-2018 at 08:44 AM.

The spoilers DO show up on the reply just FYI. LOL

But I agree with your assessment!

The Romy story was really really cute and fun! All the stories had really different feels, like a box of chocolates. For the most part the art was very simplified and lighthearted, but it was fitting for the intention of this book. The cats were hilarious. I was impressed Gambit was in 3 stories! Only thing I hated were those darn pink boots . . . Will they ever die?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 12-05-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I liked it, I think everyone here will like the last panel especially.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The spoilers DO show up on the reply just FYI. LOL

But I agree with your assessment!

The Romy story was really really cute and fun! All the stories had really different feels, like a box of chocolates. For the most part the art was very simplified and lighthearted, but it was fitting for the intention of this book. The cats were hilarious. I was impressed Gambit was in 3 stories! Only thing I hated were those darn pink boots . . . Will they ever die?
    One thing I think some didn't notice in the KT story: spoilers:
    Rogue seems to have the inhibitor in the form of a bracelet. Maybe she got to Hank, and she gets it at the party? No more headaches, either?
    end of spoilers

Excellent summary LegoLiz. I adored the Romy story very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I liked it, I think everyone here will like the last panel especially.
    My FAVORITE without a doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    One thing I think some didn't notice in the KT story: spoilers:
    Rogue seems to have the inhibitor in the form of a bracelet. Maybe she got to Hank, and she gets it at the party? No more headaches, either?
    end of spoilers
    My thoughts exactly, Mikeb.
    spoilers:
    I noticed it and thought the same thing. I really do hope that's what it is (you can't tell if she has anything around her neck) so I'm crossing my fingers.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.