Page 167 of 196 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    FWIW, I asked my editors and was told the power dampening collars should dampen ALL powers. So that's how it's written.

I understand the thought process behind people thinking the collar should only dampen mutant powers (I've had similar thoughts - it's why I asked my editors), but I do agree that that makes it a little too convenient a device (as I saw some others say) - all upside, little downside (headaches)...which is not terribly interesting. I will say I don't believe we ever refer to the collar as specifically being a MUTANT power suppressing collar, just a "power suppressing collar" so maybe there are collars that ONLY suppress mutant powers, but that's not what Rogue's does.

Anyway, calibrate your expectations as necessary.
    Thanks so much for clarifying! Hope you don't mind all our speculation. Really looking forward to #6 tomorrow!

I'm just gonna nonchalantly put this here: https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/12/1...ni-series-2018

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm just gonna nonchalantly put this here: https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/12/1...ni-series-2018
    Yeah, X-Men: Red was pretty good, although it’s not limited.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spectacular Member

While I agree he didn't get to do anything useful and was mainly put in the story to create the whole love triangle tension crap, I REALLY feel like Gambit came out of that arc smelling like a flipping rose. He remains supportive and respectful of Rogue's agency and continues to care about her even in a soulcrushing scenario where Eric is being cold, unfeeling and selfish when Rogue is injured. And Rogue looks like a complete jerk for choosing a guy that treats her that way over the guy that actually cares about her needs.
    The one thing I got out of those dark ages was that there was barely a triangle, since I didn't see any rage from Remy. I guess they didn't want to do one cuz it was already done with Joseph. Or Remy simply let Rogue to make her own mistakes as clarified by the miniseries when they were in the water and Rogue stating she was so inexperienced and felt she needed to take chances.

Hi Kelly, I found it amusing that Kelly says Eric would be supportive of Romy, we haven't seen any emotion from him in the past year about Rogue, guess gone and very much forgotten by him!

As an aside, I passed by my local comic shop, couldn't buy MMX #5 since I was still waiting by the mail, but did buy the Xmas issue and got the last variant! LOVED it! My faves were Romy, Gambit's tale, and Iceman's! And as a shocker, didn't know Jubilee was a mom! I can get over Romy looking unsexy becuz I think they are very sexy in our series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, X-Men: Red was pretty good, although it’s not limited.
    I guess it does qualify as a limited rather than an ongoing series since it was intended to end within 12 issues? I'm glad to see Red here just because the theme is so on point for current social commentary. I also want to read Mister Miracle sometime because I've heard great things.

But I am so SO happy to see Rogue and Gambit nominated! It really has a unique concept for a superhero book and the art is just so gorgeous. The shattered glass DPS alone is just wow and the golem fight pages are incredible. Great dialogue and engaging story. So much work went into all the continuity callbacks. I had a strong feeling it would make the list this year and I really hope it wins! Definitely some stiff competition, but fingers crossed! Plus, y'know it sure wouldn't hurt our favorite duo to get some added attention and love!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I guess it does qualify as a limited rather than an ongoing series since it was intended to end within 12 issues? I'm glad to see Red here just because the theme is so on point for current social commentary. I also want to read Mister Miracle sometime because I've heard great things.

But I am so SO happy to see Rogue and Gambit nominated! It really has a unique concept for a superhero book and the art is just so gorgeous. The shattered glass DPS alone is just wow and the golem fight pages are incredible. Great dialogue and engaging story. So much work went into all the continuity callbacks. I had a strong feeling it would make the list this year and I really hope it wins! Definitely some stiff competition, but fingers crossed! Plus, y'know it sure wouldn't hurt our favorite duo to get some added attention and love!
    Just because it only lasts 12 issues doesn't make it limited. It didn't have that "__ of 12" in the corner, and it had an annual, which limiteds usually don't. Regardless of intent, that was an ongoing.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Incredible Member

So the bad news is that one of my kids woke up and puked on me. The good news is that means that I was awake when the issue popped up. Even with things we already knew, there were some surprises and twists. I loved it. While the art wasn’t my personal fav I did really appreciate it working with the story. That being said, Belle’s styling was really lovely.

There was a lot packed in and pushed the story forward while laying out a few threads. I think we will really need to see our couple not fall back into their old communication habits and I’m so excited for it. I also loved the asmus solo nods. I can’t wait to reread this one a few times. I also hope there is less puking in my future.

Ugh! I want issue 7 now!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    So the bad news is that one of my kids woke up and puked on me. The good news is that means that I was awake when the issue popped up. Even with things we already knew, there were some surprises and twists. I loved it. While the art wasn’t my personal fav I did really appreciate it working with the story. That being said, Belle’s styling was really lovely.

There was a lot packed in and pushed the story forward while laying out a few threads. I think we will really need to see our couple not fall back into their old communication habits and I’m so excited for it. I also loved the asmus solo nods. I can’t wait to reread this one a few times. I also hope there is less puking in my future.

Ugh! I want issue 7 now!
    I’m so sorry about your sick kid! Hope baby feels better!

And OH MY GOSH!!! I just read it once and I know I’ll read it over and over again. I’m going to have to buy two hard copies! One to love and one to cherish forever. I LOVED IT! I’ll write more about exactly why I loved it but it was everything I thought it would be and so much more. KELLY is freaking brilliant. I am I intrigued by everything and all the story crumbs. The action was fun! And I can’t get over how much Kelly knows the pasts of the characters, respects their relationships and JUST FREAKING GETS THEM!!! Girl, just when I slightly worry there aren’t any possible good stories left for them as a married couple, Kelly just keeps them coming. And as a writer, I really appreciate the continuity she has in her story-telling. She isn’t lying when she says she doesn’t write something without a reason. Everything connects. I’m a believer! Love also how Rogue and Remy are communicating. Oh I love it all. And finally - throwback to the old costumes! Didn’t realize I’d enjoy it so much but I freaking loved it. The nostalgia vibes are going strong!!! I’m so excited for Mojoverse now. I never thought that would be possible (was never a huge fan of that hideous blob) but damn it...BRING IT ON!

Thank you MARVEL for giving Rogue and Gambit a chance and THANK YOU for giving us an amazing writer to make it happen!!!
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 12-12-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Glad to see super positive posts here before I read issue. Will check it only after work.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Glad to see super positive posts here before I read issue. Will check it only after work.
    Just came back from bootcamp and I’m still thinking about it! How much did I love it? I am honestly thinking of going back and picking up back issues during the time I boycotted comics because I was so upset with the stories. But I’m willing to spend my money and read them just to see where certain plots left off. And I’ll even go for the hard copies - easier to reference than digital. Because I believe Kelly is true to the history and works it into her current storylines and I don’t want to miss anything. You don’t know how much I avoided those issues - like they were a plague. But I’m willing to go all in. I’m going to call a few of my local comic books stores this week and see what they have in stock.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 12-12-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Good issue, definitely wasn't quite what I was expecting and nicely sets up the arc after mojoverse.

Remydat will be displeased at a couple of events and I gotta admit I was a little irked too, not enough to spoil the whole issue but enough to me to roll my eyes
    L'Enfer !

Spectacular Member

Big news today along with romy. Neko who does post on CBR is shutting down Gambit Guild soon. I know she was not a fan of Romy but she did the best she could maintaining her site for over ten years. This I salute cuz I know haw hard it is to maintain sites

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Good issue, definitely wasn't quite what I was expecting and nicely sets up the arc after mojoverse.

Remydat will be displeased at a couple of events and I gotta admit I was a little irked too, not enough to spoil the whole issue but enough to me to roll my eyes
    He’ll never be pleased lmao.

But yes, same here. Rolled my eyes at one part too, probably the same part.

Holy sh*t NEKO is a girl? How have a never put that together?

I did some eye rolling at that part you guys speak of….

Overall it was a good issue. I’ll say more later after I’ve gotten caffeine in the system.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 12-12-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

This was a thought provoking issue. Some things I loved, some things that made me scratch my head, some I'm still digesting. Will come back later with a more coherent comment!