Page 17 of 196 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I really dig this! Gambit's outfit is on point and Rogue just looks amazing!! Good work, Dodson...
    I love how Rogue looks , but Dodson's faces are sometimes ugly , because of the nose he draws, I think with female characters it's better, but Gambit's face looks horrible, the truth is X_X. but still it's a good cover.

I would love another main portadista, so that not only Rogue looks beautiful, but both equally, because Dodson does not do justice to the appeal of Gambit XD.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I love how Rogue looks , but Dodson's faces are sometimes ugly , because of the nose he draws, I think with female characters it's better, but Gambit's face looks horrible, the truth is X_X. but still it's a good cover.

I would love another main portadista, so that not only Rogue looks beautiful, but both equally, because Dodson does not do justice to the appeal of Gambit XD.
    I agree, he definitely does women better than men. Even the women tend to look pretty similar to one another though imo.

That being said, I do like this cover a lot compared to the others from this series
    Make Good Art

Loved issue 2. Really fun and action packed. Deadpool was a great bonus.

Ending is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Loved issue 2. Really fun and action packed. Deadpool was a great bonus.

Ending is weird.
    Agreed. KT has a knack for outstanding 2nd issues.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I wasn't really looking forwards to Deadpool, because he's in EVERYTHING, but it was actually really good.

And last night, while I was reading my R&G TPB, I noticed this:

The shard in the center on the left is of Rogue & Gambit playing with Gambit's cats.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post

I agree, he definitely does women better than men. Even the women tend to look pretty similar to one another though imo.

That being said, I do like this cover a lot compared to the others from this series
    The Dodson nose strikes once again... I commented on this when Dodson shared a preview of Gambit's face from this cover art. At least the rest of Gambit actually looks like Gambit. Unlike the cover of issue #4 where Rogue looks amazing in her outfit and you can barely recognize Gambit is with her if not for his cards.

Oh and I realized the Jen Bartell Variant isn't sold out at Midtown comics... I looked when I first woke up and the brain wasn't fully functioning. Okay, I'll be back once I've picked up and read issue #2. I'll wait to see if my LCS has the Bartell variant (and at what price) before I cave and ask Kelly if she'll have it. I do want to get MMX #1 (reprint) Wedding Kiss cover from her so I hope she will have Bartell's Variant in order to justify the shipping cost.

Is this the only Variant for issue #2? I'm afraid to google for fear of spoilers!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I wasn't really looking forwards to Deadpool, because he's in EVERYTHING, but it was actually really good.

And last night, while I was reading my R&G TPB, I noticed this:

The shard in the center on the left is of Rogue & Gambit playing with Gambit's cats.
    It is a panel of possible future. It would be better if they were in normal cloths on it. Pere is great artist but redesign of costumes is not his best strength.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    So...you don't believe it's Kitty's responsibility to keep up the morale of those under her? I think it is. I remember a line from the pilot episode of a TV show I used to watch 30 years ago.It said "Rank is something you wear, respect is something you earn". The way I see Kitty is doing nothing to earn the respect of those under her. To me, this could lead to another schism.Funny thing, is that in the last issue of U/A, Steve Rogers told Rogue "Leadership isn't just about issuing orders. Unity isn't about one person dictating rules from on high."
    but agian how do you know she didnt thank them? Did we see the scene of Rogue and Gambit returning to the mansion and seeing Kitty for the first time?

Here

Now that's a good cover, it took him 5 tries but I think his finally able to draw a somewhat good Gambit.

See I think this facially the most accurate Gambit so far, with a more long pointed/hooked shape to his nose. But then he's been drawn all over the board by different artists.

It is a panel of possible future. It would be better if they were in normal cloths on it. Pere is great artist but redesign of costumes is not his best strength.
    Not all of it. Some of it is clearly referencing past moments. For instance, the two on the bottom left are at Jean and Scott's wedding, and then Seattle in the ruined theater.

It is the idea of time as a flat circle, right? Some are past, some are future, but they are ultimately simultaneous.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

We've also got a couple scenes from Paraiso.

But really, I just love Gambit's cats and they don't get nearly enough panel time.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

But really, I just love Gambit's cats and they don't get nearly enough panel time.
    I'm thinking they could maybe make a cameo in #6. Guess we'll see!

They need a special issue. Like the Mew issue of Squirrel Girl or the Pizzadog issue of Hawkeye. Gambit and Rogue as seen through the eyes of their judgey kittens.

They need a special issue. Like the Mew issue of Squirrel Girl or the Pizzadog issue of Hawkeye. Gambit and Rogue as seen through the eyes of their judgey kittens.
    Yesssssssss! Especially now that we know we won’t get a wedding album issue!

I just picked up my copy and read it and loved it... however the damn digital code is wrong. I also picked up the JB Variant for $13 and I’m pissed because the code in that one is wrong too. Gah!
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 08-22-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.