Page 173 of 196 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2938

Oh wow, the art looks great.

I was about to post those pics, looks great. Love the outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I was about to post those pics, looks great. Love the outfits.
    Nox you’re absolutely right. Art is looking heaps better.

Sparta, If you can post the right size photos go ahead… I did it from my phone and they’re always really tiny when I have no other option.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Alright! Alright! I’m in. And yes the art alone should have sold me. And what I did read was always awesome (loved gambit justifying his ability to wear pink). Thanks!
    Yes, definitely worth the art alone (as you can tell it's one of my faves). Girl Trouble was my favorite issue (#13?).

So yes . . . Looking ahead to the Mojo arc . . .

Since Rogue and Gambit already visited many of their most iconic moments as a couple in the mini, I am super curious what to expect out of this arc. Will they be reenacting shared moments of their pasts together or maybe visiting upon each others solo moments? The end of #6 is suggestive of the Asmus series in which Remy won his crown, so maybe this hints at seeing each others iconic solo moments? Will they be seeing some of their best or maybe worst moments? Or just inserted into other random X-Men past events for hijinks? I'm still hoping for the Savage Land. I mean yeah, we'd probably have to deal with Rogue's iconic skimpy outfit and let's face it it was pretty popular, but to be fair Gambit would have to follow suite and clearly he hasn't been nearly shirtless enough in this series. LOL Also dinosaurs.

Ok ok, back to grown up land now . . . I'm already loving the super meta goodness of Mojo. He's still a super creepy villain though! I'll never get over that whole cybernetic eyes thing with Psylocke . . . So gross!

I just noticed #7 comes out on the 2nd! That is actually not feeling SO far away. The wait between #4 & #5 seemed super long.

The fact that this last issue got so many people talking and provoked some deep analytical discussions is good I think. Certainly there is no way to please everyone and playing it too safe just makes for a boring story with no meaningful progression. A little controversy means people are being kept on their toes. I certainly appreciate that it still keeps surprising me and I'm always looking forward to the next issue to see what happens. Nothing is perfect and there will always be things to improve, but I have faith in the good intentions KT has for our duo.

I wonder at what point we'll know if MMX is going to make it past #12? I really want Kelly to have a chance to address all the threads she has set up, especially for Rogue's powers and Remy's standing with the Thieves Guild so they have a solid operational status quo before they join a new team book.

The fact that Domino is being changed over to a mini is an interesting move. Probably thinking a team book has a better chance of longer term survival? More fodder for stories with multiple characters? What would it look like if MMX transitioned to a team book down the line? I still kind of like the idea of Remy and Rogue leading two small interdependent teams based out of the same locale.

Anyway, on another topic can I just say how much I love that Gambit got to have a big finishing move/coup de gras in Red with that super big charge and explosion. I still love that issue where he charged the giant anchor. Can't happen all the time, but I enjoy a big boom now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Rogue looking hot AF
    Attachment 74925
    Holy crap, I'm loving this art! Can we always have Rogue and Gambit in all black?!

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Rogue looking hot AF
    Attachment 74925
    Damn bitch, Bella was feeling her oats so Rogue came to slay. Now I just gotta see her shoes to tell who won their glow up.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

That is way too bondage gear, but make it a little less latexy and I am 100% onboard with that as her new look.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

The lack of facial hair makes me think this ain’t Gambit :/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    As some of you have guessed I am a Gambit fan and have been since the good ol days of the 90s. I don't hate Rogue but I'm not in love with her like Remy is. I don't follow Rogue outside of when she's with Remy but I'm knowledgeable of her past (I really only follow Gambit and Batman, which until recently there was no Gambit in comics for years). I don't relate to those who just hate on Rogue but I'm also not particularly a fan of how she's acted when it comes to Gambit especially since 2010. I went into MMX with an open mind because I was excited to see Gambit featured so heavily in a book, and I thought Kelly could convince me to like Rogue and Romy. I was excited by the prospect of reading a Duo book where two main characters develop together and kick ass together.

So far I have been disappointed. It hasn't been awful or terrible by any means, but the best way to describe this is that I just feel so meh when it comes to MMX. Others won't agree but as a Gambit fan it really feels like a Solo book with a major supporting character that shows up often. All of the major character development beats and action beats have gone to Rogue. I don't want nor do I expect it to tilt all towards Remy but so far he's the exact same character he was in issue 1 as he is in issue 6. I would go as far as to say he is the exact same character he was in issue 6 as he was in issue 1 of R&G. Heck, he's been this supportive and open about his desire to be with/devote himself to Rogue since his harbor speech in Xmen Legacy 248 (which came out in 2011!). Rogue does seem to be a little bit more accepting to him to a very minimal degree in that she actually married him and admits she wants to be with him. But she still pushes him away at the first instance of conflict, puts walls up to block him out, and even trusts Magneto more than she trusts Gambit when it comes to talking about her relationship with Gambit. I'm not even sure what Gambit gets from the relationship because I'm not sure that Rogue actually loves him (maybe she hasn't in years). I know she at least likes him and has great affection for him but how does she actually show her love for him. By not running from him when he called her out on her vows? Because that doesn't seem like a good way for a storyteller to establish that she loves him.
    For anyone that doesn't believe I've been reading MMX, I can screenshot the my purchases page on the Marvel Comic Store. But anyways I'm really trying to hang on to this series and really trying to not feel hopeless in regards to this series. But I'm starting to realize that maybe this isn't for someone who's not a hardcore fan of the Rogue/Gambit coupling that wants them together no matter what and that is fine with the status quo staying the same. Like maybe it's not for fans of either Rogue or Gambit who favor one over the other, or who aren't fully satisfied with the way Romy is written.
    What do you guys think, is their way that this series could satisfy someone like me? Should I read this series with different expectations or is their a certain way I should interpret Romy that would help me enjoy this more? Also how does Rogue actually show her love for Gambit? What has she has done since 2010 to show that she still loves him?
    I have read the asmus solo and X-men Legacy but maybe I've missed something.
    I feel for you man. I do! I was there when, as you say, Gambit was just as popular as Wolverine. Seriously, he fought Gladiator and WON! He beat Wolverine in the Danger Room. He caught bullets, charged them and threw them back at Acolytes! He conned Candra! He blew up the Tithe Collector! He fought both guilds and won the day! He saved Storm! Even Professor Xavier admitted that Remy’s mind was one of the hardest to read (like holding onto a snake dipped in oil). He is one of the only X-men who would’ve escaped the Phalanx if it wasn’t for him not wanting to leave Rogue (yah, yah, I know she can be his downfall at times – but once again ROMY/RAMBIT fan over here). His powers, backstory with the guilds, his past relationships and enemies, his heists…(note I don’t want to include Sinister here because I’m all sinistered out when it comes to Gambit) all have so much potential. I adore him. I loved him so hard that I even remember buying a Daredevil issue just because Gambit made the briefest of cameos in the beginning where he was in some alley at night saying something to Daredevil about his friends, meaning the X-Men, needing him to check something out in the city (Go remydat! Which issue was that? I got rid of it because there was some horrific child abuse storyline happening in Daredevil’s story that forever traumatized me). Although I’m a Rogue fan too, I left comics after too many awful Gambit storylines and the last straw was when it felt like the writers completely wanted to mock me for being his fan (Gambit – the ultimate conman –was CONNED into becoming Death! The handsomest snake in the garden that even engaged Jean admitted she could fall for was deliberately made ugly and one of his powers was converting breathable air into TOXIC GAS…so he could kill you by SUFFOCATING YOU WITH HIS GAS – like seriously)? Anyways…

So I commend you, because you stayed after that. You endured all that and kept vigil. Apparently there were good times in Asmus, Liu and even I thought the Harbour Speech was a good moment for Remy – although Carey and I will never be friends. I get you excited for and wanting more for Gambit. Me too.

I just don’t think Kelly Thompson is done yet. And I would argue that Kelly had an uphill battle especially at the start with Gambit. When I read the articles at the beginning of the mini-series and even before Kelly got her hands on him, I couldn’t get over how many X-men fans thought Gambit was a sleazy, deadbeat, played out, pathetic womanizer and had no interest in him. I never saw him this way. And slowly Kelly’s Gambit is winning them over and I think it’s because she loves Gambit too. It makes sense to me that Rogue and her development is a focus in the earlier stories because her not wanting to commit and her powers were the glaring obstacles. I will agree that Gambit shines in more subtle ways…but so much of what I liked about him is back again. He’s funny again (him blowing up DP was hilarious and his sexual side remarks kill me). He’s suave again. He’s uses his charming skills again. He uses his thieving skills again (come on…getting out of those locks was COOL). He’s smart again (he knew where the egg would be hidden and devised a plan to get to it). He stands up to Rogue (and not in a stupid and brooding, “Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies” passive aggressive BS kind of way). He jumps off of buildings and doesn’t have a scratch on him. He’s a skilled fighter again (he easily disarms the rebel and took out all those Shiar soldiers). And dang it – he GOT THE GIRL (one of the biggest reasons he was laughed at was because he didn't and in the end he did). To be fair, you could argue I have a low baseline because the last time I was committed fan, Gambit was killing people with his deadly gas…ugh.

Does Rogue really love him? I’d say yes, because she married him and wants to build a future with him. If she really cared for and trusted Magneto more, she would have married the old guy, no? She wants to talk things through with Gambit even when he says it isn’t necessary, and she never seemed much of talker to me before. I personally don’t see marrying Gambit as a small thing for Rogue, especially for someone who runs so easily. Gambit’s told her many times what he wants and this is the first time she’s all in and working through her escape instincts. Regarding her confiding in Magneto, I’ve seen people in relationships where this has happened. Sometimes your significant other is cool with it and sometimes they aren’t. In the instances they aren’t, they ask you not to do it again and you don’t. Live and learn. In my opinion, that’s how relationships grow, and it’s early for them in their marriage. They really just got back together and now just returned from their honeymoon. Lots of bumps in the road ahead.

I haven’t really helped, have I? If you're looking for even more, I am excited for Mojoverse and I believe reading on Kelly’s Tumblr that Gambit’s story turned out well. Ultimately, I’d wait for the Guilds story arc because that storyline would naturally have a focus on Gambit. And this is a huge opportunity for Rogue to step up and support her husband.
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 12-13-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Romy Ship for cool small previews.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Anyway, on another topic can I just say how much I love that Gambit got to have a big finishing move/coup de gras in Red with that super big charge and explosion. I still love that issue where he charged the giant anchor. Can't happen all the time, but I enjoy a big boom now and then!
    That was one of his coolest showings. Loved it!

Is2g if that’s Magneto in the preview and not Remy......

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Is2g if that’s Magneto in the preview and not Remy......

Guys don't forget this is an appreciation thread for the couple. There is a review thread for the book to discuss issues you have with it there.

Thank you Tenebrae. Our beautiful thread hasn’t been demolished like the other one did and I’d hate to see that happen here. This is my happy place. Let’s not stink it up!

Anyway fixing the picture sizes.

Can we talk about how amazing this panel is?

Our favorite guy in action and in ALL BLACK looking sexy as hell. Claremont once had Gambit in all black uniform with his trench coat. He should keep this look.

Alright y’all, if this isn’t Remy as speculated and it’s “he who shall not be named”... let’s remember we are in MOJOVERSE where the drama is bound to get stirred. Also note at least her lips aren’t parted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.