Page 22 of 196 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Ludi is my queen of Romy fanfic... she's the writer of stories that kept allowing me to hang onto the idea of them. She's also a pretty fantastic artist.
    http://ludi-ling.tumblr.com/tagged/Romy%20fanart

I hope you get your code sorted out with the digital version.

Aw, my husband called me from a comic book store today seeing if I wanted him to buy me any MMX 1 variants... Then I talked his ear off about the history of Antartica. I think that'll be the last time he offers such a sweet thing.
    Ooh, always happy to see more awesome Rambit art, thanks for sharing!

Also, tell your husband that it could be worse: despite not being into the X-Men herself, my wife knows all of Cable's names. All of them. She knows about Stryfe too, and the Grey-Summers family tree. (Naturally, she knows allllll about Magneto and Antarctica etc too.)

They knew the risks!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Ooh, always happy to see more awesome Rambit art, thanks for sharing!

Also, tell your husband that it could be worse: despite not being into the X-Men herself, my wife knows all of Cable's names. All of them. She knows about Stryfe too, and the Grey-Summers family tree. (Naturally, she knows allllll about Magneto and Antarctica etc too.)

They knew the risks!
    All of them? How many ARE there?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh Romy Ship, if you liked 52 Pickup you'll have to start her House of Cards series. It is amazing, but SUPER long. Definitely a darker, grittier Gambit than his current comics self and it's set in an X-Men Days of Future Past type timeline scenario, but has great use of X-Universe knowledge and just an intriguing take on the characters. Also Spas has a story called In Between which is also awesome and set while Rogue was an Avenger. Kind of a fill in romp/adventure that's a sort of an alternative coming together story that one could imagine if the Rogue and Gambit mini hadn't come out IRL. Both stories are more shall we say "adult" than the comics code would ever allow though.
    Ooooh I loved Spas' "In Between" that was such a fun fic. Spas too has great art and a few awesome fics... I gathered she prefers drawing over writing but she is excellent at both. I will certainly have to start reading "House of Cards" over the weekend. And yes, speaking of "adult theme" Jessi (Jehilew) is also a wonderful fic writer but some of the stuff gets a little too graphic for my taste. There's a story by her I actually had to stop reading. Jesus, I'm such a prude.
    I really loved Ana Xpert's "Converging" and I wish "Break the Hold" (a fic about them being in the Astral Plane with Rogue married to Bishop) had more chapters. I'm hopeful for an update.

Anyajenkins, you've got my curiosity so I think I'll try to find the pic.

GKoT, Trial of Gambit. My husband likes Gambit a lot but I was shocked he didn't know anything about the Trial. I realized while telling him about it how much I enjoy discussing the X-Men but it's rare I have anyone in front of me to talk to about it. It's why I'm here I suppose.

JumpyShark, you're welcome. Ha, love is grand. Please do tell us Cable's names.

Marvel sent me a new code... anyone want to guess which random book it'll be?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    All of them? How many ARE there?
    Well, there's actually even more on his aliases section on his Marvel Wikia page but she can recite Nathan Christopher Charles Dayspring Askani'son Summers. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Nathan_Summers_(Earth-616)

Of course, she shares stuff from books she's read too, so it's not a one-way street. It's just... X-Men enthusiasm takes time to convey haha. "Ok, so then Destiny left her this house in Spain, so let me tell you about Destiny and Mystique..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Well, there's actually even more on his aliases section on his Marvel Wikia page but she can recite Nathan Christopher Charles Dayspring Askani'son Summers. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Nathan_Summers_(Earth-616)

Of course, she shares stuff from books she's read too, so it's not a one-way street. It's just... X-Men enthusiasm takes time to convey haha. "Ok, so then Destiny left her this house in Spain, so let me tell you about Destiny and Mystique..."
    Can you please call me to tell me about Destiny and Mystique?

On a serious note, I really have been meaning to read up on Destiny/Mystique and I'm highly intrigued to learn more about the diaries and her death... I know about the house she leaves Rogue but not much prior to that.

Oh and thanks for the info on Cable.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 08-24-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: reading comprehension before coffee
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Finally got my code redeemed
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Can you please have her call me to tell me about Destiny and Mystique?

On a serious note, I really have been meaning to read up on Destiny/Mystique and I'm highly intrigued to learn more about the diaries and her death... I know about the house she leaves Rogue but not much prior to that.

Oh and thanks for the info on Cable.
    Mystique makes her first appearance in 1978's Ms. Marvel #17 & 18 (#18 has her first full blue appearance.) So she and Carol have had bad blood for the last 40 years. Irene Adler AKA Destiny makes her first appearance 2 years later in UXM#141-142 AKA "The Days of Future Past" story. Irene and all the Brotherhood except Mystique get captured trying to wack Sen. Kelly and go to jail. This leads to a attempted prison break story in Avengers Annual #10 entittled "By Friends Betrayed", which induces a Teenage girl named Rogue.This came out in August of 1981. "By Friends Betrayed" is actually a continuation of 2 stories. One, like I said, was UXM#141-142. The other was the imfamous "Marcus" story in Avengers #197-200. (Considered to be masterpiece of poor taste in Marval comics history.)
    Last edited by mikeb; 08-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

Only if you create an account!
    Nah, I’m just kidding... I was just scoping out Ludi’s Tumblr. KT answered the cat question I asked for you
    but you had already asked anonymousl and got confirmation. Either way I’m so stoked for the cats and Belle in issue #6... I know the rest of the space arc will be a blast but I have a great feeling Kelly will deliver us some normal life goodness.

Hey Smokey, I checked out that Blue Sky Cure song you recommended and it was lovely. (Sorry if I screwed up the name - phone posting is not my friend and it makes me lazy).
    Haha, it's "To the Sky" which was pleasantly stuck in my head while at work today. And then in my care "Just Like Heaven" on repeat. I think the first lines really fit Remy! Though not sure if Rogue was impressed when she first saw his powers, but sigh I still have that X-Men #33 issue where teen Remy impresses his target to get on her good side.

I'm psyched for issue #6 it will come before the X-mas Holiday right? Maybe we'll see them in New York since we'll see the cats and then a quick family trip to New Orleans!

A couple of thoughts that came to me as I (finally) read the issue a second time:

- DP's dialogue is just SO SAUCY. I know some fans didn't like how wordy he was, but he's DP, that's what he does, but then again, I get a kick out of his babble, so that's on me. We know for sure he's in #3, but is he in #4...I don't think so...?

- That ending. WTH. It's not a clone nor a golem, not sure if Skrulls are born in an egg (?), so either it's something super obscure or something entirely new. It must have imprinted Rogue somehow to be able to assume her image. Just imagine the inappropriate things DP will say in the next issue...LOL!

Also, from KT's tumblr:

Q: "The 2012 run of Gambit ended with Gambit as the leader of the Thieves’ Guild, which was further addressed in All-New X-Factor. Is the Thieves’ Guild currently part of any plans for Mr. & Mrs. X?"
    KT: "It’s gotta come up as it’s a big part of his life/who he is. But again, I don’t want to speculate too much into the future, let’s just enjoy the here and now, yeah?"

- Now, we know Belle appears in #6 which could imply that they are in NOLA...but we also know that the cats appear in the same issue which would imply that they are in NY. Her answer (above) kind of skirts around admitting the Guild make an appearance. Maybe only key NOLA characters appear (Belle, and hopefully, Jean-Luc and Tante Mattie, for example)?

Also from her tumblr:

Q: "We saw a smidge of jealous gambit today, will we get to see jealous rogue ever? For some reason that is my favorite and cracks me up. (When done lightly without seriousness.)"
    KT: "I hope so…I too like slightly jealous and salty Rogue. ;D"

- Yassss. Salty Rogue is so much fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by nox noctes View Post
    a couple of thoughts that came to me as i (finally) read the issue a second time:

- dp's dialogue is just so saucy. I know some fans didn't like how wordy he was, but he's dp, that's what he does, but then again, i get a kick out of his babble, so that's on me. We know for sure he's in #3, but is he in #4...i don't think so...?

- that ending. Wth. It's not a clone nor a golem, not sure if skrulls are born in an egg (?), so either it's something super obscure or something entirely new. It must have imprinted rogue somehow to be able to assume her image. Just imagine the inappropriate things dp will say in the next issue...lol!

Also, from kt's tumblr:

q: "the 2012 run of gambit ended with gambit as the leader of the thieves’ guild, which was further addressed in all-new x-factor. Is the thieves’ guild currently part of any plans for mr. & mrs. X?"
    kt: "it’s gotta come up as it’s a big part of his life/who he is. But again, i don’t want to speculate too much into the future, let’s just enjoy the here and now, yeah?"

- now, we know belle appears in #6 which could imply that they are in nola...but we also know that the cats appear in the same issue which would imply that they are in ny. Her answer (above) kind of skirts around admitting the guild make an appearance. Maybe only key nola characters appear (belle, and hopefully, jean-luc and tante mattie, for example)?

Also from her tumblr:

Q: "we saw a smidge of jealous gambit today, will we get to see jealous rogue ever? For some reason that is my favorite and cracks me up. (when done lightly without seriousness.)"
    kt: "i hope so…i too like slightly jealous and salty rogue. ;d"

- yassss. Salty rogue is so much fun to read.
    That's another one of my questions!

that was originally supposed to be all caps but it kept correcting to lowercase, so I just exclamation pointed it.

Incredible Member

I did my third read through and I’m back to feeling good about things! Especially since I had forgotten that my low key favorite thing was continued....the growing rambit animosity/annoyance/threats towards Kitty. That seriously cracks me up and is the best and I hope it continues as a subplot. ;D

Ooooh I loved Spas' "In Between" that was such a fun fic. Spas too has great art and a few awesome fics... I gathered she prefers drawing over writing but she is excellent at both. I will certainly have to start reading "House of Cards" over the weekend. And yes, speaking of "adult theme" Jessi (Jehilew) is also a wonderful fic writer but some of the stuff gets a little too graphic for my taste. There's a story by her I actually had to stop reading. Jesus, I'm such a prude.
    I really loved Ana Xpert's "Converging" and I wish "Break the Hold" (a fic about them being in the Astral Plane with Rogue married to Bishop) had more chapters.
    LOL Yes, agree. Love Jessi's work but . . . I'm good with leaving some things to the imagination too!

I really like Vicki Lew's "Free For A Second" probably because I was a huge La Femme Nikita fan back in the day and it has that vibe, but sadly it's been unfinished for years. Also, "Unexpected" by Kristen Elisabeth is a very interesting What If take on post-Antarctica that I kind of enjoy. Both are very much PG13+ though.

Apparently I have been sustained almost entirely by fanfic all these years in waiting for Gambit and Rogue to be reunited in the comics! I do wonder if the popularity of characters in fanfic ever influences the decisions made by Marvel. To me it signals there was clearly a demand for something that was not being met. For sure fanfic frees stories up from the comics code so you see stronger language, references to drug/alcohol/tobacco use, and fairly unfettered sex and violence that may appeal to an older audience. But I don't think that even necessarily what is driving a lot of the interest, at least it wasn't for me. Basically, for a very long time it was the ONLY place to find stories about Gambit and Rogue! I think it kept a lot of the fan base going. I'm beyond glad they are back in the comics and hopefully we'll have them for a very long time, though supplementing with fanfic is still a fun outlet.

Do any of you remember that issue of X-Treme X-Men by Chris Claremont and Salvador Larocca that had NO TEXT?!? I believe it was called Boomerang . . . Have to dig it up and find the number. God I loved that issue! Who would have thought CC, the wordiest writer alive, could pull that off. When Larocca was on this game, his Gambit was magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Do any of you remember that issue of X-Treme X-Men by Chris Claremont and Salvador Larocca that had NO TEXT?!? I believe it was called Boomerang . . . Have to dig it up and find the number. God I loved that issue! Who would have thought CC, the wordiest writer alive, could pull that off. When Larocca was on this game, his Gambit was magnificent.
    Remeber. Only good writer and artist can handle such thing.

Incredible Member

Yes! I remember that issue. I was leery when I heard the idea but the issue was great.

Also, I just saw this on twitter and choke laughed.
    9AD39466-9A71-402D-97F4-FAE9CC232AD8.jpg 12B03F63-6CCC-4B24-B148-E928DA179E15.jpg