Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

I am sooo tempted to get those '92 Artfx+ statues...but how can I justify purchasing them PLUS that new Hasbro Gambit figure that's supposed to come out? I find there is such a dearth of Rogue figures available (and by that, I mean the affordable kind, not that incredibly expensive Sideshow statue) that this one is proving very VERY tempting.

Astonishing Member

I'm tempted by those figures more than that way expensive Rogue statue...

Ok, so I just thought of a random thing, mystique came to the wedding digused as Abigail Brand. Brand was also at the bachelorette party, so did mystique also sneak into the bachelorette party? She can be nosy, lol...

Astonishing Member

Ok, so I just thought of a random thing, mystique came to the wedding digused as Abigail Brand. Brand was also at the bachelorette party, so did mystique also sneak into the bachelorette party? She can be nosy, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

I still head-canon that she is responsible for half of the gossip among the X-Men

Astonishing Member

...that's good headcannon! She tries to cause general trouble to keep them distracted, lol!

If the Rogue and Gambit series hadn't ended with them getting back together, what else would have been different in those last two issues? What story changes would have been made? How would they have parted ways?

KT: They would have gone on a different emotional journey and ended up in a different place where they felt like their story was truly done (at least for now)…instead of seeing it through different eyes and feeling that re-kindled love.

We might have used some different flashbacks…but MOSTLY we would have just showed them having different emotional reactions to the memories and experiences they had on the island. And when they re-absorbed their memories and all that trauma and baggage that comes with it at the end they would have seen their experiences on the island free of trauma as a beautiful but bittersweet gift they’d been given…but one that was temporary. And they would have moved on…at least for now.

I don’t think, even if we’d done that, that the book would ever fully be closed on them as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    If the Rogue and Gambit series hadn't ended with them getting back together, what else would have been different in those last two issues? What story changes would have been made? How would they have parted ways?

KT: They would have gone on a different emotional journey and ended up in a different place where they felt like their story was truly done (at least for now)…instead of seeing it through different eyes and feeling that re-kindled love.

We might have used some different flashbacks…but MOSTLY we would have just showed them having different emotional reactions to the memories and experiences they had on the island. And when they re-absorbed their memories and all that trauma and baggage that comes with it at the end they would have seen their experiences on the island free of trauma as a beautiful but bittersweet gift they’d been given…but one that was temporary. And they would have moved on…at least for now.

I don’t think, even if we’d done that, that the book would ever fully be closed on them as a couple.
    In my entirely unbiased opinion, Marvel made the right call in ending the series the way they did. It would have been unsatisfying to go through that journey just to end with G & R realizing their relationship was over and getting closure.

Of course, Marvel may not have made the mini-series at all if the end-game had been drawing a line under G & R's relationship. I say "may not," because that's honestly what I expected to happen in the mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    In my entirely unbiased opinion, Marvel made the right call in ending the series the way they did. It would have been unsatisfying to go through that journey just to end with G & R realizing their relationship was over and getting closure.

Of course, Marvel may not have made the mini-series at all if the end-game had been drawing a line under G & R's relationship. I say "may not," because that's honestly what I expected to happen in the mini-series.
    Romy fans bought that mini. Bad ending would kill any hope to buy Marvel books for Romy fans again.

Romy fans bought that mini. Bad ending would kill any hope to buy Marvel books for Romy fans again.

Yeah. Like, who would the target audience for the other series even be? I know there are people who are against the couple and might want the book closed on it, but would they buy a mini-series that featured them together?

And they are vastly outnumbered by the Romy legions.

Also, while the board is working, I wanted to share this good post about Rogue and Gambit's time in Valle Soleada, which is the time before now that they came closest to being in a stable, marriage-like relationship, and clearly were great together:

http://ludi-ling.tumblr.com/post/176...olly-good-time

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im always up for Romy talk,
    . Love the thread title. Cant wait for issue 2. On the topic of action figires really glad Gambit is getting a new one. I already have the new Legends Rogue shes needs her Husband
    X-Men Forever

Yeah. Like, who would the target audience for the other series even be? I know there are people who are against the couple and might want the book closed on it, but would they buy a mini-series that featured them together?

And they are vastly outnumbered by the Romy legions.

Also, while the board is working, I wanted to share this good post about Rogue and Gambit's time in Valle Soleada, which is the time before now that they came closest to being in a stable, marriage-like relationship, and clearly were great together:

http://ludi-ling.tumblr.com/post/176...olly-good-time
    Oh, I'm glad you shared this! I almost did but the site has been so touchy. Anyway it was a great conversation that I had to get in on. Ludi is pretty much one of THEE Romy experts and has some amazing fanfiction.

Valle Soleada was the last great time to be a Romy/Rambit fan, other than the art was so bad (but has SO much potential). I would love it if KT ever referenced back to that era. It kind of needs to be addressed on some level why things went awry (I mean other than the obvious character assassinations by Austen and Milligan).

Good use of a double post edit:

Exhibits A:
    2221971-136860-109143-rogue.jpg
    tumblr_one9l6uFZT1rl4sjdo2_1280.jpg

Great ideas, so-so execution. Love the body language, but faces are terrible. So I am not at all troubled by Oscar's faces by comparison.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 08-10-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Agreed with you.

Incredible Member

That ending would have broke my heart although I’m sure it would have been well written. But it didn’t happen and we are like a week from mmx 2 previews! And after reading this thread, I’m now convinced Mystique was at least half the “x-men” who called gambit about rogue kissing Deadpool. ;D