Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Also I’m gonna need the Pere drawn issues to include some Gambut and Rogue please! https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-creative-team (Yay KT and others!)

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Also I’m gonna need the Pere drawn issues to include some Gambut and Rogue please! https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-creative-team (Yay KT and others!)
    I guess this is the reason why the second arc of MMX is still in "flux". If they come back to Earth then the second arc could be a tie-in to this event, but if they stay in space it could be an entirely independent story.

Holy crap am I stoked about this! Honestly, 3 of my favorite writers right now and all teaming up! Plus we have Pere and Mahmud back! I am doing a stupid happy dance right now.

Holy crap am I stoked about this! Honestly, 3 of my favorite writers right now and all teaming up! Plus we have Pere and Mahmud back! I am doing a stupid happy dance right now.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

weekly? Ah @#@$.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh, I'm glad you shared this! I almost did but the site has been so touchy. Anyway it was a great conversation that I had to get in on. Ludi is pretty much one of THEE Romy experts and has some amazing fanfiction.

Valle Soleada was the last great time to be a Romy/Rambit fan, other than the art was so bad (but has SO much potential). I would love it if KT ever referenced back to that era. It kind of needs to be addressed on some level why things went awry (I mean other than the obvious character assassinations by Austen and Milligan).
    I need to get back in Tumblr. I keep trying, but, like Twitter, I seem to bounce off it a lot.

Anyway, yes, Valle Soleada was definitely the best time to be a Romy fan before now. Although Claremont's writing has its problems, he got Gambit and Rogue's dynamic, and showed the potential of their relationship to be fun, sexy, and genuinely delightful. They weren't only lovers, but also friends and team-mates.

tumblr_inline_pd3janaLxW1rmc8pn_500.jpg

One of my favorite scenes is that subtle exchange where Rogue silently insists on the last beer. Again, Korday did a lot right with the body language and dynamics, but his faces were so very ugly. Gambit always looked like a melted Alan Davis drawing.

It's like Marvel wants people to love the X-Men again, and I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    weekly? Ah @#@$.
    They could put it out daily, and I would be excited with that team.

Spectacular Member

I'm really glad Kelly Thompson is one of the writers in this. At least we don't have to worry about them being written out of character in a mainline Xmen book or worry about some writer ignoring the recent developments to their relationship. I already know that the third writer Matt Rosenberg isn't a fan of Remy considering he's literally joked about that on twitter and teased Kelly Thompson about it. It wasn't anything malicious because they seem to be friends but still I would've been a little worried if Remy and Romy fell on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I need to get back in Tumblr. I keep trying, but, like Twitter, I seem to bounce off it a lot.

Anyway, yes, Valle Soleada was definitely the best time to be a Romy fan before now. Although Claremont's writing has its problems, he got Gambit and Rogue's dynamic, and showed the potential of their relationship to be fun, sexy, and genuinely delightful. They weren't only lovers, but also friends and team-mates.

tumblr_inline_pd3janaLxW1rmc8pn_500.jpg

One of my favorite scenes is that subtle exchange where Rogue silently insists on the last beer. Again, Korday did a lot right with the body language and dynamics, but his faces were so very ugly. Gambit always looked like a melted Alan Davis drawing.

It's like Marvel wants people to love the X-Men again, and I am all for it.

They could put it out daily, and I would be excited with that team.

I hopped back on Tumblr the instant I learned of the R&G nuptials. I've sworn never to sign up for twitter so Tumblr gets me my KT news. Though I've been tempted to get on Twitter but I'm still resisting.

lol, ugh the drawings of that wonderful part of XTreme is utterly heartbreaking. It could have been so much better. Imagine if Marquez or Perez had drawn that storyline? I agree that the body language was done well at least.

I've never been so happy to spend money on comics. I implore that they keep this going cause I'd hate to have a reason to quit.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Amazing! Glad to see Gambit and Rogue on Uncanny and that KT is writing.

It seems second arc will be Uncanny tie-in in some form. So excited!

Spectacular Member

something to look forward to!
    I can't recall who posted here, but how they got into Romy again last year due to unemployment. I had the opposite problem. All I do is work due to being understaffed...pushing to six days a week for the last six months! Being too tired to do anything else, just really great to kick back and read about Romy and more news.

Some more thoughts: If anyone seen the Uncanny preview team image without the white X, you can see Remy's hand is on Anna's shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    something to look forward to!
    I can't recall who posted here, but how they got into Romy again last year due to unemployment. I had the opposite problem. All I do is work due to being understaffed...pushing to six days a week for the last six months! Being too tired to do anything else, just really great to kick back and read about Romy and more news.

Some more thoughts: If anyone seen the Uncanny preview team image without the white X, you can see Remy's hand is on Anna's shoulder.
    That was DearMachine... I need to learn to quit being so distracted at work (and home) due to comics... I haven't been able to stop my thirst for this stuff and with the new Uncanny creative team announced I'm pretty sure it's not going to get any easier. I just keep falling deeper into the rabbit hole.

I did see the image without the X and noticed that too.

I was listening to Cajun Cajole's podcast with Jessi and freakin' Ludi talking about the first issue of MMX but my husband woke up from his nap so I'll have to carve out some time to wrap it up before our weekend in Santa Barbara is over. That's the other distraction, fanfic's. They're holding me over until the next issue of MMX. Heh.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    That was DearMachine... I need to learn to quit being so distracted at work (and home) due to comics... I haven't been able to stop my thirst for this stuff and with the new Uncanny creative team announced I'm pretty sure it's not going to get any easier. I just keep falling deeper into the rabbit hole.

I did see the image without the X and noticed that too.

I was listening to Cajun Cajole's podcast with Jessi and freakin' Ludi talking about the first issue of MMX but my husband woke up from his nap so I'll have to carve out some time to wrap it up before our weekend in Santa Barbara is over. That's the other distraction, fanfic's. They're holding me over until the next issue of MMX. Heh.
    I hear ya! This is becoming an obsession level with comics I haven't in years. And I love it. But it can be a bit distracting from all that pesky real life stuff like work and household chores!

It's funny how one comic miniseries has slowly dragged me into all the social media I was avoiding thus far (twitter, tumblr, forums), plus listening to like 5 different podcasts, plus reading fanfic again and also buying all these additional X-titles. Oh boy . . . Slippery slope. LOL And now Uncanny every week with my Rogue and Gambit and all the rest thrown in plus Kelly and Pere! Eeeee!!! Oh Marvel . . . You shouldn't have.

I AM enjoying the Bon Temps podcast though! This last episode on MMX #1 was quite entertaining. And I'm thinking X-Plain the X-Men could be especially interesting this Monday since JDW is on. I wonder if we'll hear anything about Uncanny in the interview.

People keep comparing this to No Surrender. I was thinking...What if Remy was "killed" the same way Johnny Storm was? Would Rogue have the need for revenge like she was in No Surrender? The next person she runs her fist through may not have a staff to eventually restore him or her.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    People keep comparing this to No Surrender. I was thinking...What if Remy was "killed" the same way Johnny Storm was? Would Rogue have the need for revenge like she was in No Surrender? The next person she runs her fist through may not have a staff to eventually restore him or her.
    I don't think anyone big is going to die, probably just some of the least important students. Even so, with MMX being an ongoing, we at least can read Uncanny without worrying if something bad is going to happen to Rogue and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't think anyone big is going to die, probably just some of the least important students. Even so, with MMX being an ongoing, we at least can read Uncanny without worrying if something bad is going to happen to Rogue and Gambit.
    Well at least nothing bad enough to derail their duo series . . . So long as it is doing well, which I have to think it is?