Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    15 / Mr and Mrs X #1 / 71,396 /

Sales for July. MMX sold much more then R&G and that is a good sign.
    It's a good start, also Kelly confirmed that issue 1 will have a second printing so that number is actually going to be a bit bigger.

Wow, those are great numbers considering it's a book focusing on just two characters and was announced barely a month before launch! I mean that's right up there with the main titles. Granted it's a #1 and had a gazillion variants, but STILL! That doesn't count digital sales, the 2nd printing sales, or the eventual trade sales. Well done Kelly, Oscar, and Frankie!

I made some fanart to celebrate great 2018 for Romy fans

I just saw this on Tumblr and commented there but once again, beautiful work! Love the colors and imagery.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I just saw this on Tumblr and commented there but once again, beautiful work! Love the colors and imagery.
    Thank you for kind words! Glad that you liked colors because coloring is the hardest part for me. I love drawing lineart but add colors just because everything with colors is better

Spectacular Member

I made some fanart to celebrate great 2018 for Romy fans

Beautiful artwork. It's also great to find out that the sales are looking good. I wonder if they'll have more covers for the 2nd printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Beautiful artwork. It's also great to find out that the sales are looking good. I wonder if they'll have more covers for the 2nd printing.
    Thank you!
    Usually 2nd printing covers have the same cover with different background or with cover with interior art.
    Would love to see pages 2-3 as cover for 2nd print.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Thank you!
    Usually 2nd printing covers have the same cover with different background or with cover with interior art.
    Would love to see pages 2-3 as cover for 2nd print.

Spectacular Member

just saw the Ebay post with the 2nd print image. It's the wedding kiss! Coming out on 8/29

Like I said in the sales thread, I would be really surprised if it was not doing as well in digital.

And Issue 2 will benefit from the Deadpool bump.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Is there still such a thing with Deadpool in the comic community?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Is there still such a thing with Deadpool in the comic community?
    Lady knows how to play her cards when you think about it. Could potentially get a bump from fans of Deadpool AND also old Excalibur fans with Cerise and Technet. Bet there are a few general X-fans that will be up for a Shi'ar story. And if they enjoy what they read, maybe a few will stick around! ; )

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Lady knows how to play her cards when you think about it. Could potentially get a bump from fans of Deadpool AND also old Excalibur fans with Cerise and Technet. Bet there are a few general X-fans that will be up for a Shi'ar story. And if they enjoy what they read, maybe a few will stick around! ; )
    I think it's more about being smart, which KT is. Creators while forming these team books need to be more conscious about composition, and less about their personal taste. Outside of each character's abilities and individual personalities, writers need to consider each characters appeal; "do they have a following?", "are they recognizable?", "how available are they, and can fans go elsewhere to follow the character(s)?". I think modern writers aren't challenged enough by editorial and managament to make sure the stories their crafting have the right amount of mass appeal to even support themself. Kelly seems to understand this. I hope it's a direction Marvel will be going in for foreseeable future.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Just asked Kelly Thompson to share a sneak peek at issue #2 and she shared this wonderful image
    DkidQgxV4AEPXhn (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    It's a good start, also Kelly confirmed that issue 1 will have a second printing so that number is actually going to be a bit bigger.
    Hope this book does really well so that we can get to see both the character develop and hope we can get Pere Perez to do at least one issue. Miss his art.
    Last edited by belay; 08-13-2018 at 11:18 PM.

I really hope the series continues and not end when the Uncanny title get's relaunched.

It's been speculated most titles will end and all will be reshuffled after the 10 issues first arc of UXM is done.

If it does, I really hope MMX will stay.