Page 62 of 196 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Bat wee wee is one of the biggest mistakes I have made this year. I had the issue in my hand, and decided it was too expensive at $7.00, so I put it back on the shelf. Then, DC announced they would be censoring it, and I discovered the issue has gone up to $100 at some places before I stopped checking because it got too depressing. The moral is always invest in smut.

I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.
    ROTFL

You are the best DearMachine.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I meant to add how much that sucks that you didn’t pick up the issue… But I think you learned a valuable lesson. Always buy the smut! I mean, invest... yeah.

“Los Angeles Chargers” versus the “Los Angeles Rams”

LA won.

And I know you didn’t ask about the concerts but I got to see The National twice ( Friday night at the Hollywood Palladium and Saturday at the Santa Barbara bowl - I loved the Friday concert so much I drove 100 miles to see them again the next day )
    Yeah, I was hoping it was the Bears and the Cardinals, because DA BEARS
    And DA BEARS are on top of the NFC North! I'M SO EXCITED!
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    *gasp* I envy you so much right now.
    Nox and DearMachine, it's lovely to meet fellow National fans. I made friends with another fan at the Friday show who had an extra ticket to sell and I decided to go on a whim (I mean 100 miles was a bit of a stretch and I went alone). I made the trek and once there I found out the guys mother is a donor at the SB Bowl and we got VIP access to a sweet lounge area and the pit. It was an incredible night where I got to wave to Aaron (and he waved back!) and touched Matt during the show. I recorded him and the girl next to the girl next to me singing together and got her number so I could send her the link after uploading it to youtube. It was an amazing night.

The lesson to be learned here is: always trust and exchange numbers with complete strangers.
    jk, I got really lucky.

Gambit King of Thieves, we became Chargers fans when we saw them play the Bears at Qualcomm stadium. We decided whichever team won that game we would root for them. It's been a painful 7 years... kinda wish DA Bears had won
    SD, or LA the Chargers still suck (someone arranged a plane with a banner that read "Chargers, go back to San Diego. Los Angeles doesn't want you" during Sunday's game)

So going back to Gambit and Rogue... (sorry for mucking up the thread) I think KT would have the cojones to make that scene happen tbh. C'mon October 17th!!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 71246

Excuse me while I go screech like a happy pteradactyl over here.
    Also felt the need to bring this beauty to the most recent page.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 09-24-2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: X-Men Monday image!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Attachment 71246

Excuse me while I go screech like a happy pteradactyl over here.
    That is one of the sexiest Rogue/Gambit moments I've ever seen. Nuff said!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Gambit King of Thieves, we became Chargers fans when we saw them play the Bears at Qualcomm stadium. We decided whichever team won that game we would root for them. It's been a painful 7 years... kinda wish DA Bears had won
    SD, or LA the Chargers still suck (someone arranged a plane with a banner that read "Chargers, go back to San Diego. Los Angeles doesn't want you" during Sunday's game)
    yeah... the Bears aren't much better in regard to the last few years. You'd have been in for a lot of pain with mediocre coaches, Cutler not living up to the hype (nothing against Cutler, Chicago just wasn't a good fit), and every year seeming like it's going to be the year we're going to be better.
    That being said, this IS the year we're going to be doing well. We've got a winning record for the first time since 2014, Trubisky's in his second year and only getting better, we've put some good receivers around him; Jordan Howard is good, we're actually utilizing Tarik Cohen this year; we had Trevathan, Amos, Fuller, Hicks, and Jackson on the defense last year, and now that we've got Kalil Mack, he's really pulling the D together. The offense has to spend more time worrying about him, so they can't spend as much on the others. We're ON TOP OF THE NFC NORTH, since the Vikings lost 27-6 to the goddamn Buffalo Bills, which I have been incessantly needling my Vikings fan friend about. The Packers lost 31-17 to the Redskins. The Lions somehow beat the Patriots, but they were 0-2 so that's fine. And our 1 loss, against the Packers, we were up 23-3 and I goddamn hate Aaron Rodgers that man is a god. We lost by one.
    So. Probably the best year to be a Bears fan in the last decade. We've got a lot of potential. Jump on board!
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

I know nothing about football, so I won't comment. And I did not know about this batman thing yesterday. Lol, you guys are corrupting me...

Liked the preview (as always) that was a 'real' trick that Houdini would use sometimes in his escape tricks. He would get checked to prove he didn't have any lock picks on him and then his wife would give him an emotional kiss because it was such a dangerous escape attempt.

"Chargers", "Rams", "Bears", "Packers", "Redskins", oh you americans and your weird team names...
    Anyways a couple of articles about MMX:
    https://www.cbr.com/mr-and-mrs-x-pro...vier-daughter/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...elly-thompson/

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    "Chargers", "Rams", "Bears", "Packers", "Redskins", oh you americans and your weird team names...
    Anyways a couple of articles about MMX:
    https://www.cbr.com/mr-and-mrs-x-pro...vier-daughter/
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...elly-thompson/
    Hey.
    Don’t lump the rest of us in with the Redskins. “Bears” isn’t racist.

I started listening to Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I started listening to Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men yesterday.
    Oh I enjoy them immensely! So funny and a good way to catch up on old issues or books I never read. Though be warned, Jay (formerly Rachel) isn't always such a big fan of Gambit. Has more to do with when he's being written as a creep, though degree of what is and isn't creepy is subjective. But a little criticism doesn't bother me any. They did a great interview with Kelly about Rogue and Gambit earlier this year. Hopefully they'll have her back on again.

I've developed something of a podcast obsession. Plus there is the official Gambit and Rogue podcast, Bon Temps, which is fairly new. Went on there and chatted a few weeks ago and pretty sure Riley is still looking for more fans to interview.

Also getting pretty fond of Uncannynerdverse!

Oh I enjoy them immensely! So funny and a good way to catch up on old issues or books I never read. Though be warned, Jay (formerly Rachel) isn't always such a big fan of Gambit. Has more to do with when he's being written as a creep, though degree of what is and isn't creepy is subjective. But a little criticism doesn't bother me any. They did a great interview with Kelly about Rogue and Gambit earlier this year. Hopefully they'll have her back on again.

I've developed something of a podcast obsession. Plus there is the official Gambit and Rogue podcast, Bon Temps, which is fairly new. Went on there and chatted a few weeks ago and pretty sure Riley is still looking for more fans to interview.

Yeah, I'm sick of waiting until I'm up to 1961 (1953 currently) so I started those.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Did the Gambit hate mellow out after a while? I had to stop listening because I was getting annoyed with it.

What other podcasts do you listen to? I have a ton of time at my work to listen so I'm always on the lookout for new ones
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Did the Gambit hate mellow out after a while? I had to stop listening because I was getting annoyed with it.

What other podcasts do you listen to? I have a ton of time at my work to listen so I'm always on the lookout for new ones
    Same!

X-Plain the X-Men
    Battle of the Atom
    Uncanny Nerdverse
    Bon Temps
    Wolverine: The Long Night (just started)
    The Bright Sessions
    Capes and Lunatics (sometimes)
    The X-Men TAS podcast (sometimes)

I mean, most of the hate-on is from Jay and I think it comes and goes. Usually they are pretty equal opportunity on teasing ALL the characters and at least have their reasons for doing it. They dwell more on their favorites and are probably more forgiving of them, but that's kind of everyone so it doesn't bother me. Miles is more of a Gambit fan than Jay I think and often appreciates him. I definitely disagree with some of what they take from certain panels, but overall they are quite delightful.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Same!

X-Plain the X-Men
    Battle of the Atom
    Uncanny Nerdverse
    Bon Temps
    Wolverine: The Long Night (just started)
    The Bright Sessions
    Capes and Lunatics (sometimes)
    The X-Men TAS podcast (sometimes)

I mean, most of the hate-on is from Jay and I think it comes and goes. Usually they are pretty equal opportunity on teasing ALL the characters and at least have their reasons for doing it. They dwell more on their favorites and are probably more forgiving of them, but that's kind of everyone so it doesn't bother me. Miles is more of a Gambit fan than Jay I think and often appreciates him. I definitely disagree with some of what they take from certain panels, but overall they are quite delightful.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

That's good to hear. I'll have to get back into it then because I do really like Jay and Miles and they always have great guests. I also quit because I wanted to go back and read some of the stories they were covering but now I'm all caught up so I may as well.
    Make Good Art