Page 65 of 196 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

And I can see Lizzy Caplan as Rogue for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I may be wrong, but I still believe that the idea of ​​marrying Rogue and Gambit has something to do with this Gambit movie ... Bring the spotlight to them, maybe. In the same way they brought Jean back to comics because of the Dark Phoenix movie.
    I agree, I think a LOT of what is happening in the comics lately, bringing characters back to more familiar and recognizable forms and relationships, has everything to do with upcoming movies and trying to set the comics up to connect to them. And I would like Lizzie as Rogue. Give me that sassy, flying brick version already! Here's a thought, what if we see a Gambit between the past and the present, where we get both Belladonna and Rogue on screen?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I REALLY like where this is going!
    Same here AppleJ... but then KT answered another question

Anon:
    Can you hint at who might show up in MMX? Or at least drop a couple hints?

KT:
    The juiciest roles (there are also not BIG-spoiler guests) to show up at the party are Laura and Bobby, Beast, and Jean-Luc.

There are a bunch of others too, but with smaller roles. And then those spoiler-guest-stars.

I'm just hopeful that Beast being "juicy" guest doesn't mean the power control thing... he's the one I associate the power dampener with. I'm all for the quick fix in the meantime but not for the long run.
    I think I'm overthinking things though.

I may be wrong, but I still believe that the idea of marrying Rogue and Gambit has something to do with this Gambit movie ... Bring the spotlight to them, maybe. In the same way they brought Jean back to comics because of the Dark Phoenix movie.
    See I could see this except the movie has been in the (for lack of a better word) "works" for a couple of years now... Unless you mean, the sudden news that it'll happen and be a Rom Com... I can now see them doing it WITH Rogue. Since MMX is a hit right now... but who knows?

And I can see Lizzy Caplan as Rogue for sure!
    I don't think Lizzy was casted to be Rogue and I'm not entirely sure if she could pull her off. I like Caplan but she is bit on the skinny side... but with "movie magic" maybe I could see it. I mean, anyone is better than Paquin IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I hope Jean-Luc will appear with Tante.

Would love to see Fence too.

Spectacular Member

Hi folks, dunno if I mentioned this, but I keep in touch with a former magazine editor on Twitter, and she bought some X-Men Gold issues to read as a pastime (sounded like she hadn't read comics in years) and was stunned/surprised when she saw the wedding in #30! She was so happy and went on to discover the miniseries and then MMX. And she was a lil confused too, seeing "three Jeans" and how did Kitty become headmistress.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Exciting news on Tumblr from Kelly

Narwhallove asked:
    We saw Rogue do something really cool with her powers in the end of R&G—are you interested in exploring or taking advantage of something particular about Gambit's power set in MMX?

KT:
    I am definitely interested in exploring Gambit’s powers in similar ways, but for now, we’re really locked in to solving Rogue’s powers. First things first!
    Yaassss.

I swear, it feels like Christmas every time KT answers fan questions directly.

And I am so down with a MMX style Gambit film (if it gets made, that is, still a big "if" for me right now). Oh if only we could get a kick @$$ Rogue to appear. I have my doubts, but as I've stated in the Gambit Movie Discussion thread, anything can happen. It's going to be a one-off film so they have nothing to lose and no continuity to follow. So who knows? (Let me dream, dammit!)
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 09-28-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Narwhallove asked:
    We saw Rogue do something really cool with her powers in the end of R&G—are you interested in exploring or taking advantage of something particular about Gambit's power set in MMX?

KT:
    I am definitely interested in exploring Gambit’s powers in similar ways, but for now, we’re really locked into solving Rogue’s powers. First things first!
    I hope the events that took place back in August of 2014 get gone over with a fine tooth comb. Then work out from there. I still think the events that took place 4 years ago may have impacted her sub-conscious.

I agree, I think a LOT of what is happening in the comics lately, bringing characters back to more familiar and recognizable forms and relationships, has everything to do with upcoming movies and trying to set the comics up to connect to them. And I would like Lizzie as Rogue.[b] Give me that sassy, flying brick version already![/b Here's a thought, what if we see a Gambit between the past and the present, where we get both Belladonna and Rogue on screen?
    I'd like to see that, too . Even though I know it won't happen, since it's supposed to take place in the 1990's, I would like to see in the Captain Marvel movie a TV showing X-Men TAS, specifically "A Rogue's Tale".

Spectacular Member

Narwhallove asked:

KT:
    I am definitely interested in exploring Gambit’s powers in similar ways, but for now, we’re really locked in to solving Rogue’s powers. First things first!
    Same here AppleJ... but then KT answered another question

Anon:
    Can you hint at who might show up in MMX? Or at least drop a couple hints?

KT:
    The juiciest roles (there are also not BIG-spoiler guests) to show up at the party are Laura and Bobby, Beast, and Jean-Luc.

There are a bunch of others too, but with smaller roles. And then those spoiler-guest-stars.

I'm just hopeful that Beast being "juicy" guest doesn't mean the power control thing... he's the one I associate the power dampener with. I'm all for the quick fix in the meantime but not for the long run.
    I think I'm overthinking things though.

See I could see this except the movie has been in the (for lack of a better word) "works" for a couple of years now... Unless you mean, the sudden news that it'll happen and be a Rom Com... I can now see them doing it WITH Rogue. Since MMX is a hit right now... but who knows?

I don't think Lizzy was casted to be Rogue and I'm not entirely sure if she could pull her off. I like Caplan but she is bit on the skinny side... but with "movie magic" maybe I could see it. I mean, anyone is better than Paquin IMHO.
    Man, KT's answers to these questions have got me pumped for the future of MMX. No wonder Remy & Rogue aren't featured in Uncanny because that much development is much easier to do in a duo book. Didn't KT say Belladonna was showing up in #6, I guess she's one of the spoiler guests. Wonder who the other ones are. As for Rogue solving her issues with her powers, that is huge. Although I still have ptsd when I remember what happened the last time she got control.

Gambit powers are fine and were explored in Fabian's solo. I just want him to use his powers in creative manner. Like Asmus did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yaassss.

I swear, it feels like Christmas every time KT answers fan questions directly.

And I am so down with a MMX style Gambit film (if it gets made, that is, still a big "if" for me right now). Oh if only we could get a kick @$$ Rogue to appear. I have my doubts, but as I've stated in the Gambit Movie Discussion thread, anything can happen. It's going to be a one-off film so they have nothing to lose and no continuity to follow. So who knows? (Let me dream, dammit!)
    Yeah, the reaction has been overwhelmingly negative on Twitter as well. I think the term "RomCom" is probably hitting people wrong and they are thinking cheesy date movies and TV sitcoms. It's just a narrow view of what that means. Nevermind that the Rogue and Gambit mini and MMX are basically a romantic comedy laid over a superhero plot and that people are absolutely loving it, even many Gambit haters. While I want dark, gritty, and a heist, I would actually feel like they weren't true to the character if he wasn't giving smart remarks, making jokes, and romancing some ladies in the midst of it all. Though a lot of people are just down on a Gambit solo movie regardless of plot and others just hate Fox, while some just don't like the character period. At this point, I'm going with the Gambit philosophy "Let the cards fall where they may." As you said, it's a one shot deal. Even if it's a huge flop, the MCU will redo the character in time. Look how many Spidermans we've had. Who knows, maybe we'll get something brilliant? I'm cool if they stick with an origin story and Belladonna, but I would lose my mind if they give us kickass brick Rogue. Maybe both? Dare to dream! But if they were smart enough to consult Kelly on the script, can you imagine?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    yeah... the Bears aren't much better in regard to the last few years. You'd have been in for a lot of pain with mediocre coaches, Cutler not living up to the hype (nothing against Cutler, Chicago just wasn't a good fit), and every year seeming like it's going to be the year we're going to be better.
    That being said, this IS the year we're going to be doing well. We've got a winning record for the first time since 2014, Trubisky's in his second year and only getting better, we've put some good receivers around him; Jordan Howard is good, we're actually utilizing Tarik Cohen this year; we had Trevathan, Amos, Fuller, Hicks, and Jackson on the defense last year, and now that we've got Kalil Mack, he's really pulling the D together. The offense has to spend more time worrying about him, so they can't spend as much on the others. We're ON TOP OF THE NFC NORTH, since the Vikings lost 27-6 to the goddamn Buffalo Bills, which I have been incessantly needling my Vikings fan friend about. The Packers lost 31-17 to the Redskins. The Lions somehow beat the Patriots, but they were 0-2 so that's fine. And our 1 loss, against the Packers, we were up 23-3 and I goddamn hate Aaron Rodgers that man is a god. We lost by one.
    So. Probably the best year to be a Bears fan in the last decade. We've got a lot of potential. Jump on board!
    I asked my crush out and she shot me down and I'm not even sad thank you chicago bears
    48-10 over the Buccaneers LET'S GO
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Yeah, the reaction has been overwhelmingly negative on Twitter as well. I think the term "RomCom" is probably hitting people wrong and they are thinking cheesy date movies and TV sitcoms. It's just a narrow view of what that means. Nevermind that the Rogue and Gambit mini and MMX are basically a romantic comedy laid over a superhero plot and that people are absolutely loving it, even many Gambit haters. While I want dark, gritty, and a heist, I would actually feel like they weren't true to the character if he wasn't giving smart remarks, making jokes, and romancing some ladies in the midst of it all. Though a lot of people are just down on a Gambit solo movie regardless of plot and others just hate Fox, while some just don't like the character period. At this point, I'm going with the Gambit philosophy "Let the cards fall where they may." As you said, it's a one shot deal. Even if it's a huge flop, the MCU will redo the character in time. Look how many Spidermans we've had. Who knows, maybe we'll get something brilliant? I'm cool if they stick with an origin story and Belladonna, but I would lose my mind if they give us kickass brick Rogue. Maybe both? Dare to dream! But if they were smart enough to consult Kelly on the script, can you imagine?
    Wording is everything. If Kinberg had described it a bit differently, like "a sexy heist/crime film with comedic elements", the reaction would have been different, I think. The rom-com moniker just scares some moviegoers off. I'm very torn about this film. On one hand, I don't have a lot of faith in Fox--they had plenty of time to introduce Gambit and Rogue properly and they didn't. Now they wait until the eleventh hour to possibly get this film done? Sure, it might be great...or terrible...or not get made at all. We just keep getting dragged along by rumours. On the other hand, will Disney consider making a Gambit film? Even if they do, it would be years off. Maybe we'll only get Gambit (and Rogue) in team films. Who knows? At this point, I'm just resigned to take what I can get...and hope it's better than what we've had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I asked my crush out and she shot me down and I'm not even sad thank you chicago bears
    48-10 over the Buccaneers LET'S GO
    And yet...my hapless, hopeless Detroit Lions found yet another way to lose...I've been watching Lions football since I was a freshman in high school in 1979, back in the Gary Danielson/Billy Sims era. It's that damn curse! It was supposed to have ended a decade ago (2008 0-16) but it still lingers on...
    I saw the trailer for X-Men Dark Phoenix...No Rogue or Gambit of course.
    I thought: the Doors the End, really?
    Maybe it's because of my age, this is the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard that:
    HTTP://vimeo.com/116336220
    Last edited by mikeb; 10-01-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    And yet...my hapless, hopeless Detroit Lions found yet another way to lose...I've been watching Lions football since I was a freshman in high school in 1979, back in the Gary Danielson/Billy Sims era. It's that damn curse! It was supposed to have ended a decade ago (2008 0-16) but it still lingers on...
    I saw the trailer for X-Men Dark Phoenix...No Rogue or Gambit of course.
    I thought: the Doors the End, really?
    Maybe it's because of my age, this is the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard that:
    HTTP://vimeo.com/116336220
    ooh, tough.
    I've been watching the bears since I was old enough to care about sports, so... right after their last SB appearance. Had some playoff runs, but nothing special. Gotta tell you though, I'm feeling the magic with Trubisky rn. We've got the best defense in the league, and the offense finally clicked. I've been saying he's already decent and has potential since we got him. One passing TD short of tying the league record. The last time a Bear threw 6 TDs in a game was in 1949, and Aaron Rodgers himself has only had a higher passer rating once (Brady twice). If we keep this up, I'm not saying we're going to the Super Bowl, I'm just saying I'm definitely requesting Feb 3 off.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 10-01-2018 at 04:52 AM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"