Page 71 of 196 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm, I can see where making them too wealthy could become problematic from a story telling perspective. Things get a little too easy to accomplish? Though poor doesn't make sense either as clearly they have alluded to big fortunes in the past for both characters. Basically they aren't superheroing because they need the paycheck. There is a sketch on Tumblr of a rooftop drawn by Lopez that people are guessing could be in the upcoming #6.
    Thing is though is, Rogue's inheritance is established canon. What is not explained is why every writer since 2004/2005 has ignored that it happened and the impact that has on Rogue's life. Sooner or later as a married couple finances are going to be dealt with. That's the reality of marriage.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Thing is though is, Rogue's inheritance is established canon. What is not explained is why every writer since 2004/2005 has ignored that it happened and the impact that has on Rogue's life. Sooner or later as a married couple finances are going to be dealt with. That's the reality of marriage.
    And before anyone gets annoyed by this, I'm sure it'll be a sub-subplot, not the main story of a book. We aren't going to have them engaging in a Seinfeld-like discussion over their bank accounts... It'd be something they'd work into the background of a story, or it may even spiral into something more serious like; they Gambit goes to check his larger account and finds it drained, Rogue follows and finds the same which could lead into a story of who rob them, and why? Just an example. We wont see them looking in the ads section for jobs. They'd be working together to solve the problem and face off against whom is messing their lives. It's still a superhero book and KT has a good hold on it... despite the pouting and nit-picking from some readers.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Since KT is going to be the new writer of Captain Marvel in January, do you think Carol will crash Rogue and Remy's party in MMX#6?
    Wow... she doesnt sleep. They are going to kill her. But you know shes going to smash her toys together at some point. The two characters came to terms during AvX, but they are far from friends. I dont see them getting into a slug fest (well maybe), but I can imagine a misunderstanding leading to a conversation where they both illustrate how they've moved on with their lives. What they heck am I saying?! Of course I want to see a fight. I might even read Captain Marvel.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I'm a fan of both, and I love being together, I have no problem with that, I know that eventually Rogue will lead his own team, which I think is what annoys those who are just Rogue fans,
    but I do not agree on a point, Rogue since the 80's was a character richer than Gambit, and she works with or without his relationship with him, Gambit is the one who has seemed very dependent on Rogue and their relationship in recent years, but it was because of a few bad writers, or that they just did not like Remy. Usually writers like Rogue more, you have to admit it, and I can understand it too.

Now they seem to get to a point where they both function as a couple.

But in terms of character, Rogue was always a more important character, in addition to more versatile by the nature of his powers and his personality, Gambit had his time of glory in the 90's, but that played against him, in my opinion I am very typecast in the 90's, and that's why many writers do not like it at all.

I think Gambirt must take a step forward as a character and I think that with marriage he is doing it.

I would also like Gambit to have a decent level of power, but it seems that for two decades it is impossible, and for most writers, gambit is just a little above the street level, and that is sad,
    because, in its early years, it was emerging as one of the most powerful mutants that handle energetic powers, but that lasted very little.

Now his downloads do not even mean anything to a super strong, nor can he even knock out Captain America, who is neither super feurte nor invulnerable, that as a gambit fan saddens me, MCarey was terrible with Remy, because I wanted to drive the disgusting Rogneto , but he at least showed Remy as a mutant to be considered for his Death powers.

So, sometimes I really want to explore those skills, because the basic skills of Remu, have lowered a lot of level.

With Rogue I have no complaints, I know that eventually it will be in a team book, probably when that event ends, and I hope that leading his team, and I hope he returns part time with the avengers, Rogue has the generic powerset that they like so much. writers and fasn, in addition to its absorption that makes it a deux ex machina if the situation requires it.
    I really hope there won't be any Rogue/Gambit babies. I know I sound petty but babies in action comics just don't work for me. And off topic.....I really am mad at how the film's have treated Rogue. Poor Anna Paquin was practically thrown out with the bathwater post Last Stand; I hoped DoFP would see her return, but alas no, it's all Mystique. And now Jean. Rogue doesn't even feature in the Gambit Solo. No fair.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I really hope there won't be any Rogue/Gambit babies. I know I sound petty but babies in action comics just don't work for me. And off topic.....I really am mad at how the film's have treated Rogue. Poor Anna Paquin was practically thrown out with the bathwater post Last Stand; I hoped DoFP would see her return, but alas no, it's all Mystique. And now Jean. Rogue doesn't even feature in the Gambit Solo. No fair.
    I don't think anyone wants to see Rogue walking around (or not) pregnant. IF it ever happens (I doubt it'll be during this run unless it weirdly gets into the 40s and 50s) it should be after a years' time-jump. The whole MU could use a time jump into the future with the X-Men coming back into the fold properly (by that Disney/Marvel owning the movie rights so Pearlmutter can stop backseating and bastardizing half of the universe). I wouldn't mind the subject being discussed by them. I'm still hesitant to say she can get pregnant even if they wanted to. Between the t-mist cloud (yes, it happened) and the fact that she's nigh invulverable (which goes down to the celluar level), I'd think a pregnancy would be difficult. But I guess if they were using a collar... meh, whatever. Again, discussed, not focused on. Talking subplots here.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Wow... she doesnt sleep. They are going to kill her. But you know shes going to smash her toys together at some point. The two characters came to terms during AvX, but they are far from friends. I dont see them getting into a slug fest (well maybe), but I can imagine a misunderstanding leading to a conversation where they both illustrate how they've moved on with their lives. What they heck am I saying?! Of course I want to see a fight. I might even read Captain Marvel.
    I don't see Rogue and Carol getting into a fight. Carol might even help Rogue deal with Rogue's power control problem. The only reason I can see Rogue might get into a fight with Carol is if Carol started coming on to Remy. We still don't know what Rogue can be as a jealous wife.

I don't see Rogue and Carol getting into a fight. Carol might even help Rogue deal with Rogue's power control problem. The only reason I can see Rogue might get into a fight with Carol is if Carol started coming on to Remy. We still don't know what Rogue can be as a jealous wife.
    That'd be funny, but out of character... the jealous thing, I mean buuuut it would play into my theory that part of Rogue's attraction may be rooted in some of what was left over from Carol's personality. I mean, as soon as her mind as wiped by Hope, she did a complete 180 in terms of her romantic interests (Magneto, Havok [sorta], Deadpool, Human Torch). Who knows, perhaps Gambit is more Carol's type than he was Rogue's, originally.

And I was kidding about the fight... still wouldn't mind it lol. And as soon as she's done with Carol, there's poor, non-invulnerable Remy... unless you mean it'd be Carol coming onto Remy and he just throwing his hands in the air. Gambit's a flirt, and that might get him in trouble, even if it's "innocent".
    Guild Member

Yeah, few people know the delights of the Take 5. They are a perfect blend of pretzel, caramel, peanut butter, and peanuts. It is perfectly sweet and salty. My husband introduced them to me when we were first dating, because he is a wonderful man.

I also have mixed feelings about instawealth. It makes sense for Gambit to be wealthy. Even with his original Robin Hood persona, you would expect one of the best thieves in the world to have money. Rogue's wealth feels more unearned to me, though I have Always liked her relationship with Destiny.

I am looking forward to a potential Rogue and Carol encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Yeah, few people know the delights of the Take 5. They are a perfect blend of pretzel, caramel, peanut butter, and peanuts. It is perfectly sweet and salty. My husband introduced them to me when we were first dating, because he is a wonderful man.

I also have mixed feelings about instawealth. It makes sense for Gambit to be wealthy. Even with his original Robin Hood persona, you would expect one of the best thieves in the world to have money. Rogue's wealth feels more unearned to me, though I have Always liked her relationship with Destiny.

I am looking forward to a potential Rogue and Carol encounter.
    I know of Take 5. I think if I really wanted to, I can find next to whatchamacallit over at the CVS store across the street, or maybe Wallgreens.
    Guild Member

What do you all think will be announced at NYCC? All the color scheme books being ended, I wonder what the new line will be and who is authoring. What do you make of the Age of X-Man story line? Has to be some sort of AU? And if it's a world changing state, how might it effect MMX or the up and coming team books? Since we know KT has a full plate with her Captain Marvel announcement and 3 other books and Brisson will have X-Force, who will be taking over the X-Men teams . . . ?

I am excited to see Carol and Rogue hash some things out. Wonder if the Carol letter in MiM will come up? Dang it though, I can't add another book to my buy list, well shouldn't anyway . . . LOL

This would be a bad idea. Rogue can solve her own power problem.

I’m hoping for a new cartoon series tbh. There was a listing a couple days back on imdb for a new series called X-Men Revolution complete with cast and crew but of course imdb is no better than Wikipedia when it comes to making shit up. The third episode is titled ‘Rogue’ btw, and I’ll be lying if I said that didn’t get me excited. On a related note, I want to see Romy in cartoons, I want to see a more modern take on them on screen. I think it’ll be fun and romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I’m hoping for a new cartoon series tbh. There was a listing a couple days back on imdb for a new series called X-Men Revolution complete with cast and crew but of course imdb is no better than Wikipedia when it comes to making shit up. The third episode is titled ‘Rogue’ btw, and I’ll be lying if I said that didn’t get me excited. On a related note, I want to see Romy in cartoons, I want to see a more modern take on them on screen. I think it’ll be fun and romantic.
    Ohhh!!! Yes, I saw that! Scheduled for 2018 too! Though obviously time is running out to make that deadline. But many actors are already listed out.

Do you think it's a down the road sort of continuation on X-Men Evolution? Because the name of similar. Hope it's not a hoax.

If we could find a happy medium between XTAS and Evolution, that would be great. But I don't want the total teenage drama of Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    What do you all think will be announced at NYCC? All the color scheme books being ended, I wonder what the new line will be and who is authoring. What do you make of the Age of X-Man story line? Has to be some sort of AU? And if it's a world changing state, how might it effect MMX or the up and coming team books? Since we know KT has a full plate with her Captain Marvel announcement and 3 other books and Brisson will have X-Force, who will be taking over the X-Men teams . . . ?

I am excited to see Carol and Rogue hash some things out. Wonder if the Carol letter in MiM will come up? Dang it though, I can't add another book to my buy list, well shouldn't anyway . . . LOL
    Go back to adjective titled books using roster that people want to read over what wacky ideas these writers come up with. I actually want R&G on seperate teams, outside of losing their objectivity (face it, if its saving the team over each other, there might be a problem), its just too much of them being together all the time. But that doesnt mean we dont see them interact among their teammates. Scott and Jean were married for years and were rarely ever on the same team. MMX is fine.

I also hope they stop injecting the students into every book. Leave them in a Gen-X, New Mutants, or New X-Men type book but use the characters people have been BEGGING to see more of. Let NatureGirl, Sharkgirl, whatever______ play their roles as support. They dont have enough appeal to carry a book.

X-Men does need a more mature action-first book, so a X-Force is necessary. I also hope that they hire some decent artists. So if the line looked liked this;
    X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Astonishing X-Men (anthology title with revolving casts/creators)
    Mr and Mrs X
    Wolverine
    Generation-X/ New X-Men/ New Mutants
    X-Force

I'd be happy to see that. Dont oversaturate or use the same 5 characters over and over. This might make me go broke.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Go back to adjective titled books using roster that people want to read over what wacky ideas these writers come up with. I actually want R&G on seperate teams, outside of losing their objectivity (face it, if its saving the team over each other, there might be a problem), its just too much of them being together all the time. But that doesnt mean we dont see them interact among their teammates. Scott and Jean were married for years and were rarely ever on the same team. MMX is fine.

I also hope they stop injecting the students into every book. Leave them in a Gen-X, New Mutants, or New X-Men type book but use the characters people have been BEGGING to see more of. Let NatureGirl, Sharkgirl, whatever______ play their roles as support. They dont have enough appeal to carry a book.

X-Men does need a more mature action-first book, so a X-Force is necessary. I also hope that they hire some decent artists. So if the line looked liked this;
    X-Men
    Uncanny X-Men
    Astonishing X-Men (anthology title with revolving casts/creators)
    Mr and Mrs X
    Wolverine
    Generation-X/ New X-Men/ New Mutants
    X-Force

I'd be happy to see that. Dont oversaturate or use the same 5 characters over and over. This might make me go broke.
    I would like this set up! I'd like to have a set up like X-Men and Uncanny X-Men with teams operating from one location and occasional crossover but separate teams and missions. Agree, that having R & G on separate teams would be best for getting some branching out plus as you mentioned their objectivity. Most people don't work directly with their spouses anyway and we have MMX for those stories. Besides I don't trust a lot of other writers to write them together.

But who to write the new team books?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 10-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.