Page 88 of 196 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2938
    Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Sales numbers of MMX #3 are here: 24,250.
    I hope it gets stable around 23k so we get a long run.
    Thank you!

Where did you got this?

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Sales numbers of MMX #3 are here: 24,250.
    I hope it gets stable around 23k so we get a long run.
    Just out of curiosity, what numbers should we get concerned by? I want a long run for this book
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    15 / Mr and Mrs X #1 / 71,396 /

Sales for July. MMX sold much more then R&G and that is a good sign.
    Ah, here's issue #1...

Also, MMX made the top 20 for sales in this article thanks to Issue #1...

https://bamsmackpow.com/2018/08/31/c...tes-july-2018/

15(QTY) — 18($) — Mr. and Mrs. X #1 (Marvel) — 71,396

Commentary: While I understand the reason for calling this series Mr. and Mrs. X, wouldn’t it make more sense to title the comic Gambit and Rogue? After all, they’re the main characters of the book and, even before they tied the knot, have huge fans within the X-Men community. Having the comic titled Gambit and Rogue instead of Mr. and Mrs. X could have even boosted the estimates even higher. Then again, it looks as though it still did pretty well regardless.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Wonder if we should be concerned that the sales for the following issues dropped off quite a bit. I imagine issue #1 sells a lot better due to it being the first issue of a series and of course due to so many variants that are available.
    The commentary above makes a great point regarding the name of the book. I think "Gambit and Rogue" would have made it more attention grabbing to people who maybe don't read a ton of comics. If someone came across it by happenstance they may not look into it because the name wouldn't grab at them. Plus the Dodson cover of issue #1 makes it tough to realize it's them unless you notice her hair and his cards. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 10-15-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Where do you find this info?
    I'm curious how Issue #1 did compared to issue #2

I know the numbers were posted somewhere but I have no idea what page they're on.

For those of you who buy the digital copy what site do you prefer to use? I'm going to have to buy issue #4 both digital and floppy because I am giving in to lack of patience this time around. I won't be able to wait for 10 a.m. to roll around this issue. That and there are no more variants to buy. Le Sigh.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Thanks R0d!

Hmm... so this is the sales so far:

MMX #1 $71,396 (not including 2nd printing)
    MMX #2 $29,337
    MMX #3 $24,250

I hope this next issue gets a boost. I know I'll be doing my part but I am a tad nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what numbers should we get concerned by? I want a long run for this book
    Three or four years ago the danger line was 20K, once a book was below that then the cancellation was almost certain.
    Nowadays with the declining market, I think the danger zone is around 18k.
    It's worth noting that books that push some, let's say, "diversity or gender agenda" usually get a bit more leeway. Ms Marvel, Moongirl and Captain Marvel with awful sales last longer than other books with better numbers. Since one of the leads of MMX is a woman it might get the benefit of that but I'm not so sure about it.

Moongirl and Ms. Marvel get the Scholastic boost. Marvel isn't necessarily looking to sell them in floppies.

I suspect Carol is benefiting from having a movie come out soon too. They're obviously wanting to push her as an answer to Wonder Woman.

I really find it tough to have sales discussions, though. It's so hard to tell how successful a book is from direct market sales figures these days. How many people are buying MMX in digital? How many will buy it in trades? Are the demographics of the fandom skewing the mode of purchase? (I feel like I say this every time, but I suspect many female fans prefer digital due to stereotypes about comic book stores, and Romy fans skew female.)

But I do hope it stabilizes at its current level. That's respectable.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

A nice way to get a little sales boost might be to have 616 Wolverine join for an arc? Would also be great to get his thoughts on their marriage.
    L'Enfer !

Moongirl and Ms. Marvel get the Scholastic boost. Marvel isn't necessarily looking to sell them in floppies.

I suspect Carol is benefiting from having a movie come out soon too. They're obviously wanting to push her as an answer to Wonder Woman.

I really find it tough to have sales discussions, though. It's so hard to tell how successful a book is from direct market sales figures these days. How many people are buying MMX in digital? How many will buy it in trades? Are the demographics of the fandom skewing the mode of purchase? (I feel like I say this every time, but I suspect many female fans prefer digital due to stereotypes about comic book stores, and Romy fans skew female.)

Digital sales are unknown, but when Alonso was the editor he said that digital sales were around 25% of the floppies. It probably might have gone higher in recent years.
    Also buying the trades help, Wasp and Iceman both got a mini after their ongoings were cancelled, because the trade numbers were good.
    So you know those who can afford getting the trades can do that to support the book.

You bring up a valid point and I'm legit curious about that myself. I definitely buy the majority of my books digital only. Really I only collect floppies or TPBs for major Rogue and/or Gambit issues.

I DO hope sales are good and stable. Getting a long run is top of my wish list.

Jiminy- Getting Wolverine to pop up for a sales boost is a great idea since both characters have a strong history with him.

So do you think we'll see anything for X-Men Monday from MMX #5 or #6? Or too spoilery?

Spectacular Member

Just a quick comment on the sales. The safe number of sales at the end of 2017 when Marvel did their last batch of cancellations was about 15K sales. Xmen Gold always sells 30-35k, Blue usually sells in the high 20k's, while Red sales high in the 30k's. So MMX at 24,250 is solid for a secondary book that's not part of the mainline X-men titles. If sales can be maintained at or above the 20K then the run can definitely last fairly long.

As for titles like Ms Marvel, Moongirl and Captain Marvel. It really is Marvel's agenda that's keeping them alive despite horrendous sales numbers, because the so-called scholastic boost is very minuscule. Scholastic sales never do reorders or second printings, and in general are very small (as in a fraction) of sales coming from stores and digital. The average person who collects comics probably owns more comics than any school and maybe even library, and remember there are MANY more individual buyers of comics than schools/libraries that buy comics monthly. Ms. Marvel is clearly kept alive because the character was created by Sana Amanat who is currently a director and head-editor at Marvel, many expect her to become EIC of Marvel one day. Captain Marvel is kept alive because of the movie and will probably be advertised a lot more in the future. Sales are very important but whatever Marvel sets in their agenda (whether they're pushing certain titles as part of their diversity line, big event titles, relaunches, and/or nostalgia type titles) is also just as important.

For right now MMX is doing well. But we have to remember that ongoings are a war of attrition so we have to keep supporting MMX by any means possible if you love the characters. Buy the physical copies, buy variants, buy digitally, pretty much support it any way that you can afford. Also it would be nice if MMX is part of Marvel's agenda whether because it's a nostalgia based title, is pushing a female lead character, is part of the Xmen agenda, or is a favorite of some of the editors.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So do you think we'll see anything for X-Men Monday from MMX #5 or #6? Or too spoilery?
    I've gotten accustomed to being spoiled so I'm hopeful we get something today.

I would LOVE more insight on issue #6 but I feel like they should keep issue #5 stuff at bay since it will be directly affected by this next issue. Until after the release or #4 anyway. Oh my lawd, we are less than 2 days away. So excited!

Spectacular Member

You bring up a valid point and I'm legit curious about that myself. I definitely buy the majority of my books digital only. Really I only collect floppies or TPBs for major Rogue and/or Gambit issues.

Jiminy- Getting Wolverine to pop up for a sales boost is a great idea since both characters have a strong history with him.
    Floppies seem to be what's most significant to Marvel, at least up until recently. Alonso said that digital sales are usually 25% to a third of what floppies sales were in 2017. However digital comic sales have increased every year in contrast to physical sales with websites like Comixology leading the charge with increased advertisement and having periodical sales. That's why Marvel has started having digital only comics, e.g. Jessica Jones, and has increased their advertisement for digital sales. Hell up until a few years ago Marvel and DC didn't even have their own in-house website stores for digital comics. They've only recently realized the potential for digital sales because many new consumers now prefer to buy comics online and many of the consumers who still buy physical copies are the hardcore old-school fans who have always and will always buy physical copies.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 10-15-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post

For right now MMX is doing well. But we have to remember that ongoings are a war of attrition so we have to keep supporting MMX by any means possible if you love the characters. Buy the physical copies, buy variants, buy digitally, pretty much support it any way that you can afford. Also it would be nice if MMX is part of Marvel's agenda whether because it's a nostalgia based title, is pushing a female lead character, is part of the Xmen agenda, or is a favorite of some of the editors.
    This has been me through the entirety of MMX and R&G

I've been buying floppies and multiple copies thanks to Variants. Since variants are through I am now going to be buying both floppy and digital