Page 96 of 196 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Please tell me you got to read it!
    I did!! I bought it off the Marvel webstore instead and used the app to read. Love their little talk!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

But I've been having insomnia issues, and am dealing with other people's drama at work, and am very annoyed at what DC is doing with Nightwing, and am just unreasonably cranky right now, so I'll read it again over my lunch break and put up a more reasonable review thread this afternoon if no-one else gets to it first.
    Not trying to get too OT here but has it gotten worse? Nightwing's my favorite DC character but I stopped reading his book a while ago and am pretty unhappy with what they've done with him
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Not trying to get too OT here but has it gotten worse? Nightwing's my favorite DC character but I stopped reading his book a while ago and am pretty unhappy with what they've done with him
    They shot him in the head and now he's a completely different person, which is annoying, because he and Harley are the only DC I care about.

Back to topic: "I honestly cannot remember the last time we caught a break."
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 10-17-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

kelly

WHAT DID YOU DO
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I did!! I bought it off the Marvel webstore instead and used the app to read. Love their little talk!
    Good! glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    They shot him in the head and now he's a completely different person, which is annoying, because he and Harley are the only DC I care about.

Did you read the issue already? Will you still need the code later?
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Just read it.

spoilers:
    Really loved the first half. The opening escape scene (from the preview pages) was one of best scenes of the entire arc so far. Rogue's discussion with Gambit about her powers was another favourite scene of mine, emotionally and beautifully written. Xandra's a warm character as well, and I liked Cerise in this too.

However after the Rogue/Gambit hugging panel (when they get interrupted by the Imperial Guard and then Deathbird), I felt it lost a bit of momentum and ended a little too abruptly, but it's a cliffhanger, so...I might have to read these parts again. But as I said before, first 12 pages are really great, just felt a bit rushed at the end there. But a good issue overall, high recommended.

Edit: Just read those last pages again, it certainly does make me anticipate the next issue...so I guess it's a job well done with the cliffhanger (lol).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sparta; 10-17-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post

I heard about that, just wasn't sure if there was a new issue for him today and they were torturing him even more.

Anyways, just saw your earlier reply but yes, PAD did write All New X-Factor
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Just read it.

spoilers:
    Really loved the first half. The opening escape scene (from the preview pages) was one of best scenes of the entire arc so far. Rogue's discussion with Gambit about her powers was another favourite scene of mine, emotionally and beautifully written. Xandra's a warm character as well, and I liked Cerise in this too.

However after the Rogue/Gambit hugging panel (when they get interrupted by the Imperial Guard and then Deathbird), I felt it lost a bit of momentum and ended a little too abruptly, but it's a cliffhanger, so...I might have to read these parts again. But as I said before, first 12 pages are really great, just felt a bit rushed at the end there. But a good issue overall, high recommended.
    end of spoilers
    My sentiments exactly, Sparta. I honestly liked this issue so much more because of those personal moments. My favorite so far. Apart from issue #1 because you know, the wedding. And the Honeymoon.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

All-New Member

At some point I wanted my first contribution here to be an insult to Mike Carey, but thanks to Kelly that stage took us to this moment. Slowly she is confronting us with the demons that have persecuted this relationship.

Sooo eager to discuss! But I'll have to wait until I get home much, much later. Also will be able to pick up my hard copy and reread.

It was fine. I think I was so hyped and expected too much from it so I was a little bit dissapointed.

Escape was my favourite part.
    Discussion about powers was fine but wasn't deep enough for me.

Last fight was too messy and DPS was unnecessary. More panels with characters fighting would be much better.

Didn't like ending. Maybe because Gambit was just screaming Rogue and Rogue was screaming Remy all the time.

At first I thought it was Xandra's thing to show explosion.
    But everyone was kinda threw away with it so maybe it was real in some way.

P. S. Funny but I missed Deadpool here. His jokes were much needed this issue. I think #4 is the weakest for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Good! glad to hear that.

Did you read the issue already? Will you still need the code later?
    Yeah, got a scan. I'll just pick up the hard copy tomorrow or Friday.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

The ending confused me somewhat as I am not sure what exactly was meant to be going, what was meant to be achieved here?

Weakest issue so far, however I get the feeling this issue is putting pieces into place for the finale of the arc.
    L'Enfer !

Also...

spoilers:

I do like the idea that Rogue wants to figure out her powers on her own rather than have Xavier magically appear again to "heal her", or in this case have Xandra solve it. I hope KT will use this as an ongoing plot in the series.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Hard disagree on Deadpool. In fact I’m hoping whatever happened has nothing to do with him and an unexpected entrance. My preference is that he stays long gone. My prediction is something of Xandra’s doing but it could be anything.

Overall, I really enjoyed the issue. The moments between Gambit and Rogue were so touching and great display of them handling potential issues in much healthier way than in the past. I feel the second half was a bit of a slugfest but it was getting players lined up so it didn’t bother me. Plus I am always weirdly amused when villains single out Gambit. Warstar Xandra was adorable. I’ll reread the physical copy later, but it gave me the feels.