Thread: Amethyst idea

Incredible Member

Default Amethyst idea

I think DC needs to go back to the original basic concept of the series. I think the last attempt to revive the concept was a miss.

I’d say take it back to basics. Fantasy material seems popular now. Ramp up fantasy elements. Maybe some sort of cross over with Travis Morgan, WARLORD? Deimos tries to acquire some amount of power from the gem world. Could there be a reason to cross her series over with the Titans or Teen Titans ? Anything to get her out there as a strong female fantasy character for the female audience to enjoy.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. I (March 1985):

Incredible Member

She could do a guest spot in Justice League Dark or even join the team (although she might be a little bit redundant with Wonder Woman there).

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Excellent idea, there, bretmaverick2.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I don't know if fantasy material is that popular these days outside of Disney for the most part. Nonetheless, I think the aesthetics of Amethyst's world could use some updating. Gemworld could be reimagined to have a more "magitek" look like the various worlds of the Final Fantasy games. Also, maybe do a storyline about the monarchy being abolished and Amethyst having to find her place after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't know if fantasy material is that popular these days outside of Disney for the most part.
    Game of Thrones? Harry Potter? Avatar: The Last Bender and The Legend of Korra?

Also let's see how the rebooted She-Ra performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Game of Thrones? Harry Potter? Avatar: The Last Bender and The Legend of Korra?

Also let's see how the rebooted She-Ra performs.
    Okay, I'll give you Avatar and it's sequel but it seems like Game of Thrones and Harry Potter have been taking some hits in popularity. The latter in particular.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Excellent ideas and I agree completely. Now just to see what Bendis has in store for her...

Okay, I'll give you Avatar and it's sequel but it seems like Game of Thrones and Harry Potter have been taking some hits in popularity. The latter in particular.
    Hahaha seriously? You actually think AVATAR is more popular than Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. The latter 2 are cultural phenomenons that every person has heard of. Avatar isn't even CLOSE to as popular as them.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Hahaha seriously? You actually think AVATAR is more popular than Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. The latter 2 are cultural phenomenons that every person has heard of. Avatar isn't even CLOSE to as popular as them.
    I didn't say that. I said they'd taken some hits in popularity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Potter is still going strong or else Fantastic Beasts wouldn't be the success. It had strong Box office numbers.

Game of Thrones is still the highest rated show on TV. It was a deliberate decision by the showrunners to take a one year break but I'm sure the final season will be a phenomenon and break many rating records.

And Wizarding World is doing great too. You have to remember that the first Fantastic Beasts movie was set in a different time period with totally different characters than in the original series. And it still passed 800M worldwide. With the inclusion of familiar characters like Dumbledore in the second film, it is bound to increase even more. The Cursed Child play has been a smash as well.