Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Loki's her friend, remember, he appeared in her solo. Interesting that Banner Hulk is there though. Does Amadeus know he's alive? If not, that needs addressing in Champions #28 in January.

Kang though, she should definitely have beef with, after Avengers Back to Basics.
    He worked with her, sort of, and placed that enchantment of protection on her school, but i'd hesitate to call them friends. It seemed Bruno got on with him a lot better than Kamala did, she didn't seem to like Loki very much. But I think despite that, given their past history she would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when some others probably would not. Which is likely going to be a big hurdle with any team he tries to put together, just getting people to trust his intentions are good, even if they totally are. (though, I think he could also convince Squirrel Girl, the Young Avengers, and probably Thor after some convincing. but we know for sure Thor and Squirrel Girl got warped, so his options are limited) So it will be interesting to see what happens here. but, as I said in the Loki thread, Kamala is so uncompromising in her ideals that I doubt she would be working with these people unless she genuinely felt they were working towards something good. So despite some questionable backgrounds of a few of the characters, I'm pretty sure the team is working for a good goal here. though I wouldn't discount someone betraying the team.

ps. yes, I think she would definitely have a beef with Emma. honestly, Emma is the one i am most worried about here. Kamala, Ant-Man, and Hulk/Bruce are unlikely to be a concern, even if the Hulk part of the equation seems extra nasty recently. (he at least seems to take it out on bad people...) We know Kang wants to prevent the bad future. He sent Adam Warlock back in time to that end, even if that ended up not going the way he hoped, when Adam got killed. But it does mean we know he more than likely has a good intention in this instance, even if he is more commonly a bad guy. Loki is the one forming the team considering the solicit text, so while he may be using them to one extent or another, i doubt he would undermine his own plan. Which leaves Emma, she hasn't participated in this story so far, and her motivations have been.... murky of late. She's the wildcard imo.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-21-2018 at 04:41 PM.