Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I've been thinking since it came out but what would people think to the revamped Marvel 2-in-1 having Ms Marvel as the regular? Could shake it up from having The Thing as a constant to Kamala?
    Anyone wanna ask Zdarsky? I asked about 2-in-1 on an AMA and it is indeed getting retooled.
    Issue 11 will be THING & MISTER FANTASTIC, and issue 12 will be HUMAN TORCH & INVISIBLE WOMAN. We had a lot of discussions about what the book would look like after the FF came back, and ultimately decided that the FF book should have some room to breathe, and that we should work on reinventing TWO-IN-ONE. I've written the outline for what comes next and the first issue, and I'm trying to keep it about the relationships between heroes and friends, for some sense of continuity between what we were doing and what's to come next. We're still figuring out the name for it though, which seems to be the hardest part, weirdly. I don't know if it'll still be called TWO-IN-ONE or something else at this point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Thompson is can often be pretty sarcastic and kind of mean with her stuff, and while I actually really like those things, I don't think it would be a good fit for Ms Marvel. But she's smart enough to realize that a Hawkeye tone would be the wrong way to go.
    Thompson can be sarcastic, but she can also be really sweet. Jem & the Holograms wasn't particularly sarcastic. I think she'd do a killer run on Ms. Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Thompson can be sarcastic, but she can also be really sweet. Jem & the Holograms wasn't particularly sarcastic. I think she'd do a killer run on Ms. Marvel.
    I could see it. She can shift her tone pretty well. Ryan North is another name that comes to mind. He's really good at platonic relationships and writing wholesome characters who don't come across as goody goody and saccharine. I could also definitely see Marvel putting Whitley on the book. I didn't care for the first volume of the Wasp but I liked the last few issues a lot more. And Princeless is great. He doesn't seem like the type to be worried about being typecast either, if anything he kind of leans into it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I could see it. She can shift her tone pretty well. Ryan North is another name that comes to mind. He's really good at platonic relationships and writing wholesome characters who don't come across as goody goody and saccharine. I could also definitely see Marvel putting Whitley on the book. I didn't care for the first volume of the Wasp but I liked the last few issues a lot more. And Princeless is great. He doesn't seem like the type to be worried about being typecast either, if anything he kind of leans into it.

Of course North and Wilson have been working together recently, on Marvel Rising, so he would already know about Kamala from that.

If Wilson did leave in the near future, I wonder if her final act would be the outing of Kamala's secret identity to her father and brother? At least twice, she's revealed herself only to find the people she was confessing to (her mother the first time, her friends the second time) had already figured it out. I'm sure those two probably have as well.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course North and Wilson have been working together recently, on Marvel Rising, so he would already know about Kamala from that.

If Wilson did leave in the near future, I wonder if her final act would be the outing of Kamala's secret identity to her father and brother? At least twice, she's revealed herself only to find the people she was confessing to (her mother the first time, her friends the second time) had already figured it out. I'm sure those two probably have as well.
    I’m just worried about Bruno once Wilson leaves. He’ll be killed off probably.

That said I think Wilson’s last arc will have them get together.

Then the next person will kill him off.

Unless that person is Ahmed. In Exiles, Old Lady Khan was widowed... and Bruno was her husband. So we know he supports that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m just worried about Bruno once Wilson leaves. He’ll be killed off probably.

That said I think Wilson’s last arc will have them get together.

Then the next person will kill him off.
    I'm inclined to doubt it, actually. Ms. Marvel is an optimistic character, and an optimistic book, and that's part of the appeal. I think Marvel will want to keep that positive tone even after Wilson leaves (which hopefully won't be for a long time anyway). So I can't see it becoming a book that kills off major supporting characters for drama.

If Kamala and Bruno get together, then it's certainly possible another writer might break them up, in favour of their own preferred ship. But I figure it's a book that will keep going to progressive writers who don't kill characters off for cheap drama. We won't be getting Nick Spencer's Ms. Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Lot of people talking about replacement writers is Wilson leaving or did this just become surprisingly a popular thing to talk about?

As for Kamala and Bruno I am betting they won't get together but will go on a date, have fun, and kiss but realize it was the hanging out they liked that it isn't a romantic spark they have but they both know they need each other for support.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Lot of people talking about replacement writers is Wilson leaving or did this just become surprisingly a popular thing to talk about?

As for Kamala and Bruno I am betting they won't get together but will go on a date, have fun, and kiss but realize it was the hanging out they liked that it isn't a romantic spark they have but they both know they need each other for support.
    Wilson's writing Wonder Woman, so even though she's said she's going to keep working on Ms. Marvel for a long time to come, it's got people speculating more than usual about what'll happen when she does eventually leave the book. Still, if we're lucky, she'll get, like, a 15-year run. It'd be pretty amazing to have her be the one to write Kamala growing up, going to college, all that big stuff.

Yeah, Wilson used to be Marvel exclusive, but that's expired, and now she's on a big name DC book... what if that goes down well and they offer an exclusive deal? She'd have to wrap up her run on Kamala if that happened. Hopefully Marvel have a contingency plan, because when they do need a new writer, they have to get it right.

It would be nice to see Wilson stick around to issue 100. That would be about eight years, which is about two years in-universe... so if it lasts that long, the series could end with senior prom and high school graduation. Incidentally, Miles must be close to that too, as he just had a birthday in his annual, no age was mentioned but I think it would make him 18 based on the last time his age was mentioned, in his crossover with Spider-Gwen.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-11-2018 at 02:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Wilson used to be Marvel exclusive, but that's expired, and now she's on a big name DC book... what if that goes down well and they offer an exclusive deal? She'd have to wrap up her run on Kamala if that happened. Hopefully Marvel have a contingency plan, because when they do need a new writer, they have to get it right.

It would be nice to see Wilson stick around to issue 100. That would be about eight years, which is about two years in-universe... so if it lasts that long, the series could end with senior prom and high school graduation. Incidentally, Miles must be close to that too, as he just had a birthday in his annual, no age was mentioned but I think it would make him 18 based on the last time his age was mentioned, in his crossover with Spider-Gwen.
    Ok, I bet if she would have to make the choice between Marvel or DC she would stick with Marvel most likely writing another book for them to make up for the loss of Wonder Woman.

Ms. Marvel's general tone and style is pretty in-line with books like Squirrel Girl and Unstoppable Wasp (in other words, fun and quirky all-ages books), rather then something like early Lee/Dikto Spider-Man.

So barring Marvel going for a dramatic tone change, I don't see that changing if Wilson leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ms. Marvel's general tone and style is pretty in-line with books like Squirrel Girl and Unstoppable Wasp (in other words, fun and quirky all-ages books), rather then something like early Lee/Dikto Spider-Man.

So barring Marvel going for a dramatic tone change, I don't see that changing if Wilson leaves.
    I agree, if Wilson leaves Ms. Marvel, I think that the next writer would follow the same tone. And I really doubt that they would kill off Bruno for the shake of shock, it would be a cheap move and it would barely cause impact compared to the events of CW2 when he ended badly injured and went to Wakanda breaking his friendship with Kamala. That moment truly caused impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I agree, if Wilson leaves Ms. Marvel, I think that the next writer would follow the same tone. And I really doubt that they would kill off Bruno for the shake of shock, it would be a cheap move and it would barely cause impact compared to the events of CW2 when he ended badly injured and went to Wakanda breaking his friendship with Kamala. That moment truly caused impact.
    And that's about as much character harm I see happening for the foreseeable future in this book.