Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I can still see Moon Girl being Inhuman with her already having a lot of shared attributes with them the love of science, friendship with the F4 (F2?), and an enemy of a (the) Kree.

As for Ms. Marvel while a mutant maybe if the timing was different, I still see the Inhuman connection works for her better with her being the child of immigrants it fits with what Nuhumans are as they have lived in one country but have strong ties to another.

Plus G Willow Wilson seems to be a big Medusa fan using her in like almost everything she did for Marvel so having the Inhuman connection makes it easier for her to show up, as for the MCU I mean retcon to what the introduction of Mutants doesn't look to be planned yet for quite awhile plus the Inhuman genes gives strong connection to the Kree like Captain Marvel has.
    I agree... I see where you're coming from, Digifiend, but can't totally agree. The Inhuman ties seem very purposeful and well thought out imo. I agree that they could have been mutants, but for reasons Noek points out, and others, I think the creations of the characters were very tied into the push. I'd have to think that both the push and the creations of these characters were a long time in the making, with lots of different creators and editors throwing ideas around. It all fits together too well for it to be a matter of timing.

I can definitely see their origins changing into mutants in other media, I think you're right about that. It's just so much easier for casual fans to understand. If you go the Inhuman route there is so much more to explain, whereas everyone can immediately understand "mutant". I hope they don't, because I think being an Inhuman, while not totally necessary, does add more interesting layers to Kamala's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I love those. Always wanted Marvel to make dolls like this(ok, more like Collector Barbies than those). Kamala's hair was a choice though, I'm more interested on America, Quake and Gwen. And sad that there isn't one for Carol.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did anyone read the conclusion of Marvel Rising? I thought it was a lot of fun. Maybe the ending was a bit rushed but the video game references were great and some of the visual layouts and gags worked great. America Chavez was a highlight (I feel like she works better in team books because she gets to be sardonic and over everyone else/just wanting to punch something). That being said, the whole ending felt jarring with Death of the Inhumans happening at the same time.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Little sidebar on the Champions front:
    spoilers:
    Nakia, Zoe and Mike appear with Kamala in this week's issue as their school conducts a school shooting safety drill.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did anyone read the conclusion of Marvel Rising? I thought it was a lot of fun. Maybe the ending was a bit rushed but the video game references were great and some of the visual layouts and gags worked great. America Chavez was a highlight (I feel like she works better in team books because she gets to be sardonic and over everyone else/just wanting to punch something). That being said, the whole ending felt jarring with Death of the Inhumans happening at the same time.
    I did read it and enjoyed it a lot! I was wondering how I'd like Grayson's writing, as I haven't read anything of hers in a long while, but I ended up really liking it. It struggled to feel young at points and did read a bit like "older person mimicking young people" but to be fair most writers struggle with that and she IS an older woman trying to write in the voice of high schoolers, so no biggie there. The plots were fun and the tone was very fitting for all the characters.

America does work great as a teammate. I liked WCA #1 a lot and hope she gets plenty of page time there. I still think having her show up in Ms Marvel, and having her be written by Wilson, would be a lot of fun. Her and Zoe could have some killer interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I love those. Always wanted Marvel to make dolls like this(ok, more like Collector Barbies than those). Kamala's hair was a choice though, I'm more interested on America, Quake and Gwen. And sad that there isn't one for Carol.
    Not a fan of those bangs eh? I think they just tend to have trouble with those on dolls - they didn't give Gwen a fringe at all.

It's the mask I'm not a fan of though. It's too loose, and looks more like glasses.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Very DC Super Hero Girls.

BANNED

Kind of annoying how the new dolls are limited to Target and Hasbro’s own online store.

I'm getting worried and not impressed with how they are handling the Marvel Rising show and the comic.

Comic side:
    The comic story was fun and enjoyable and a great job by the writers and artists. However the organization and how they present each issue as a #1 will just be confusing for a person who might want to collect the issues one at a time plus hurt people who was looking for issue #2 that didn't know better. The comic was made to help support the show (despite not the same world thus not really the same individual characters) while still making a enjoyable team tale by the writers and artists. I don't know if this did help advertise the show at all with lack of info to how to see the show and where.

TV show side:
    I'm going to copy what I posted in the youtube comments of this teaser trailer. This gives me a different vibe compared to the Marvel Rising: Initiation shorts they uploaded that can be seen here on YouTube.
    Initiation had darkness, some shading, and shadows. Death and some levels of seriousness and lightheartedness balance that left a hopeful feeling in the end.
    This trailer (with no Gwen to be found even though she was advertised to be apart of the group so not being shown at all felt off) went the other way as that animation wasn't as fluid, lacked shadows, and the designs of some random unknowns felt lacking. A much different atmosphere compared to the shorts.

Plus pausing the video at certain times I' looking around the 'base' they were given and it looks like a joke. It looks more like a cheap play area for kids not a place of business for heroes. Now having a place to cool down is fine for a base. A basketball court and lounge area is fine but should be separate from the same room where meetings and business takes place. It's just professionalism and respect to your own team or those you are making it for to have a suitable base of such.

For people to look at these characters each and treat each with respect and seriousness then the atmosphere and even the location that can affect the tone and thinking. Art concepts and backgrounds takes a important role. These characters are going to be compared to heroes already established and past shows. They have a uphill climb to earn. These things matter. Many will first know these characters and make judgments based on how they are presented and rarely do you get a 2nd chance once a person makes the judgment.

Lastly if merchandise is limited and hard to get or even know existed that also is lacking in advertising and for others to enjoy these characters outside of the show and comics. Toys can allow imagination of kids to play but also how they feel or taught to feel about characters and roles presented.

Every detail matters from typeface to so much more. Hopefully future trailers and show will give a better inside look to these characters and better first appearances and a atmosphere of professional respect.

rajismyname had a commission done by Jim Zub (Champions writer) at Keystone Comic Con. Turns out he's not a bad artist.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...e_at_keystone/

It's quite odd that it's on a Hickman's Avengers #1 cover though, since that issue predates Kamala's debut. When I mentioned this on Reddit, someone joked that she has time travel powers.... they didn't realise that they were right!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Good news for animation fans - Kamala's still on the Avengers team. She's going to be friends with Shuri.
    https://www.newsarama.com/41774-adva...-atlantis.html

Looks like they changed the character designs, Thor's grown a beard and Natasha's had a haircut.

Good news for animation fans - Kamala's still on the Avengers team. She's going to be friends with Shuri.
    https://www.newsarama.com/41774-adva...-atlantis.html

Looks like they changed the character designs, Thor's grown a beard and Natasha's had a haircut.
    Kamal's probably one of the only Avengers in this shot who's new character design doesn't seem like a step-down (at least in my opinion. I really don't like Thor's beard).

Khan's back, and Kamala's Infinity Warp is with Kang! I guess they were fighting when Gamora did her thing.

INFINITY WARS: INFINITY WARPS #2

SINA GRACE, CULLEN BUNN, JIM ZUB & CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS (W), GARRY BROWN, KEV WALKER, CHRIS SPROUSE & FLAVIANO (A), Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

With astonishing mental powers and a skeleton made of solid diamond, DIAMOND PATCH lives a life of violence and glamor! Plus, when the Chronogen Mists left KAMALA KANG forever changed, they set her on a course to becoming the teenaged conqueror of time! And finally, when their parents were killed as they got their powers, they swore revenge and became...THE PUNISHER PACK!

32 pages, $3.99.

MS. MARVEL #37

G. WILLOW WILSON (W), NICO LEON (A), Cover by VALERIO SCHITI, VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE.

* MS. MARVEL's past collides with her future!

* And as Kamala reacclimates to her powers, new revelations change everything!

* Don't miss this key issue in the history of MS. MARVEL!

32 pages, $3.99.

EXILES #11

SALADIN AHMED (W) JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A) Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

The Exiles' beloved Khan--who sacrificed herself to stop the Time-Eater--has miraculously returned! But this time, her gun is trained on her old teammates! And she's not alone. Meet the evil Exiles--Captain Axis; Shuri, a.k.a. Killmonger; Iron Kang; X 2/3rd and Skele-Thor!

32 pages, $3.99.

Whoops, missed a cover with Kamala on it.

INFINITY WARS #6

GERRY DUGGAN (W), MIKE DEODATO JR. (A/C), CONNECTING VARIANT BY JAVIER GARRON (6 OF 6). FANTASTIC FOUR VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL

INFINITY'S END.

56 pages, $5.99.

She's not on the Champions cover (it shows the villains).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-18-2018 at 12:40 PM.