Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Bear in mind, in the POTUS future, she's clearly retired as a superhero - I'd bet her secret identity is a bust too. But we don't know if he was around. That All-New Wolverine arc didn't mention any of Kamala's supporting cast. In another future - the Exiles one - he's dead. And in a third, she moved to Pakistan to be with Red Dagger. So only one of the four possible futures definitely ends well for Bruno.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Or maybe the conversion is the solution for Bruno but i don't ever see Wilson doing this because it is too close to home and it might be used against her that she is "spreading her belief". Bruno and Kamala will always be star-cross lovers - they will never get together in 616.
    I don’t think Willow will do it because Kamala is gonna be around forever! She won’t ever have an End Game pairing. So you’re conclusion is correct as far as ending up together. My guess is in the next 50 years they will be in a relationship together. It just won’t last sadly cause no relationships last in comics except Reed and Sue.. and they’ve had rocky times.

Also Willow sadly won’t be on the character long enough to make that decision to convert Bruno. Cause that likely won’t happen anytime soon if that’s what he decided to do.

Yeah, if she stays on to LGY#100 that'll be eight years. And in-universe, it'd be only two years. Kamala was 16 when she debuted. Champions #24 mentioned it being the start of a new school year. So at this point she'd be 17 and a high school senior. #100 could be her graduation. The editors are already considering sending her to college, it was mentioned in one of the NYCC panels.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A college arc would definitely be great for Kamala, potential new setting, new supporting cast, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, if she stays on to LGY#100 that'll be eight years. And in-universe, it'd be only two years. Kamala was 16 when she debuted. Champions #24 mentioned it being the start of a new school year. So at this point she'd be 17 and a high school senior. #100 could be her graduation. The editors are already considering sending her to college, it was mentioned in one of the NYCC panels.
    Oh I wouldn’t bet on her being 17 yet. I mean she should be but she’s been 16 forever it seems. Lol. Let’s hope Willow just casually mentions it in a few issues how she is 17 now.

No doubt she’ll go to college. It just might take to 2030 in our time. Haha.

it makes sense to keep Kamala in high school as long as possible. but the problems come in with other writers who decide to age the other kids in the Marvel U, especially the ones who are technically younger than her. Watch out. Moon Girl, Molly from Runaways, Katie Power, etc.

Yeah, it's actually Miles Morales's fault - his new series will be starting at the start of the school year (so, immediately after Champions #24, it seems). That obviously means that the other characters need that same age up - Kamala and Squirrel Girl being the two most affected. Doreen's book launched with her as a first year student at ESU. After Secret Wars, it was changed to second year, accounting for an eight month timeskip - one which, of course, should've affected Kamala as well. There's no way she isn't 17 at this point. So Squirrel Girl should now be a third year college student, with Miles and Kamala both being high school seniors. If that's not the case, there's a mathematical discontinuity between the books.

Yeah, it's actually Miles Morales's fault - his new series will be starting at the start of the school year (so, immediately after Champions #24, it seems). That obviously means that the other characters need that same age up - Kamala and Squirrel Girl being the two most affected. Doreen's book launched with her as a first year student at ESU. After Secret Wars, it was changed to second year, accounting for an eight month timeskip - one which, of course, should've affected Kamala as well. There's no way she isn't 17 at this point. So Squirrel Girl should now be a third year college student, with Miles and Kamala both being high school seniors. If that's not the case, there's a mathematical discontinuity between the books.
    Well said but it’s Kitty Pryde all over again. A popular young female character. Blame Warren Ellis with screwing that up. By aging her up so she could get with Pete Wisdom. Then when Claremont got her back deaged her back to where she still should have been.

Last time Kamala’s age was mentioned in any book was 16. It shouldn’t be so complicated but idk.

Astonishing Member

Well Miles is in this special program boarding school right? So their year could be different from others or they can say it is different.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Also Willow sadly won’t be on the character long enough to make that decision to convert Bruno. Cause that likely won’t happen anytime soon if that’s what he decided to do.
    They could go the way of mixed marriages, either two separate ceremonies to observe both beliefs or a fusion ceremony.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ms Marvel 38 not in Jan solicits!

G. Willow Wilson explained why: https://twitter.com/gwillowwilson/st...608101376?s=21

Eh. Sick leave month, it seems. I thought it was really going to be the end of Wilson's run with a title like "Ms. Marvel Forever".
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Phew. Glad this is the case and not her being done.

Bad timing though. Considering she has three issues of Wonder Woman out that month. Could easily send out the wrong message, so I'm glad she was quick to explain it.