Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unless that person is Ahmed. In Exiles, Old Lady Khan was widowed... and Bruno was her husband. So we know he supports that ship.
    Would Ahmed be a possible replacement for Wilson ?

I did wonder if his and Rainbow Rowell's contributions to #31/LGY#50 were testbeds just in case Willow leaves.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Hey! Marvel Rising is premiering tonight! Somebody watch it and tell us how it is please! XD
    I’ll see it too eventually, but hearing thoughts is always fun (^^

BANNED

Lately i see a Ms. Marvel & Squril Girl team up everywhere... I'm not interested in Squril Girl, don't do it anymore Marvel. If they keep it up and i start to see Squril Girl everywhere i see Ms. Marvel, i will drop Ms. Marvel as well. No more Squril Girl please.

All their teamups are confined to Rising so far, though Doreen did get a mention, without actually being named, in MM #31.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I did wonder if his and Rainbow Rowell's contributions to #31/LGY#50 were testbeds just in case Willow leaves.
    I forgot about Rowell! That's another choice I'd be all the way behind. I've only read her Runaways but I think she is nailing it. Such great character work. There is little to no action and I'm totally fine with that. The action in Ms. Marvel is kind of besides the point to me, I'm way more into the characters and setting.

I'm going to throw a probably unexpected name out: Rosenberg. I'm doing it solely based on "4 Kids Walk Into a Bank". That book impressed me so much. It had such an amazing blend of characterization, tone, setting and heart. The banter (or "Banta!" as George Costanza would say), the quiet heartbreaks.. I haven't read a book about kids that rang that true since... I really don't know. Maybe ever. He could do some fantastic work with Kamala and her gang.

Have any of you read it?

Niffleheim

ppl are guessing it's

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post

ppl are guessing it's

Well, she is Wilson's other Marvel contribution, but wouldn't Shocker be a little too low of a crisis for her even with Kamala's power failures?
    Last edited by Myetche; 08-17-2018 at 07:34 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I don't think Shocker's anything to do with it. Could be more to do with solving that power failure. Singularity can move between universes because she's a pocket universe herself. And Kamala's power trouble started because she was experimenting to find out how her powers work, and what happens to matter when she grows and shrinks... guess what the answer to that will be.

I don't think Shocker's anything to do with it. Could be more to do with solving that power failure. Singularity can move between universes because she's a pocket universe herself. And Kamala's power trouble started because she was experimenting to find out how her powers work, and what happens to matter when she grows and shrinks... guess what the answer to that will be.
    It started because Bruno forgot that electricity and Kamala do not mix.

So Kamala may actually be a pocket universe of her own? Maybe even Singularity from before she actually became Singularity? I don't recall any mention on where she came from back in the day.
    Last edited by Myetche; 08-17-2018 at 11:14 AM.

That's what I'm thinking yeah, that she has her own pocket universe where her mass grows when she embiggens and shrinks. Kamala actually being Singularity isn't possible - she did appear in the Battleworld A-Force series: https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/A-Force_Vol_1_5

That's what I'm thinking yeah, that she has her own pocket universe where her mass grows when she embiggens and shrinks. Kamala actually being Singularity isn't possible - she did appear in the Battleworld A-Force series: https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/A-Force_Vol_1_5
    To my memory, Battleworld had multiple Kamalas in it, and Singularity was first seen there but never spoke of her origin. Who can say what really occurred to create her.
    Last edited by Myetche; 08-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post

ppl are guessing it's

Honestly my first thought was Tempus from Bendis' X-Men run .

Mighty Member

I just re-read volume nine in trade format. I actually liked it a lot more this way. I liked the story in monthly installments, but I missed Kamala and didn't really enjoy not having her in the book. I think the story line is interesting, and I really liked the supporting cast getting more page time and development. If I had originally read it in trade I would have liked it much more. Going month after month with little to no Kamala is very different than going one reading session with no Kamala.

I kind of got a Game of Thrones book four or Wicked and Divine vol. 3 vibe, meaning that while I liked what I was getting, it felt like a detour. An interesting and enjoyable, and ultimately worthwhile detour.

I was wondering how you all feel about that volume. Did you read it in monthlies or trade? Do you think that impacted your feelings?

I kinda wish we had seen more of Kamala at her new school, especially since it seemed like she had already found a new group of friends to hang out with.