Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Loki's her friend, remember, he appeared in her solo. Interesting that Banner Hulk is there though. Does Amadeus know he's alive? If not, that needs addressing in Champions #28 in January.

Kang though, she should definitely have beef with, after Avengers Back to Basics.
    He worked with her, sort of, and placed that enchantment of protection on her school, but i'd hesitate to call them friends. It seemed Bruno got on with him a lot better than Kamala did, she didn't seem to like Loki very much. But I think despite that, given their past history she would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when some others probably would not. Which is likely going to be a big hurdle with any team he tries to put together, just getting people to trust his intentions are good, even if they totally are. (though, I think he could also convince Squirrel Girl, the Young Avengers, and probably Thor after some convincing. but we know for sure Thor and Squirrel Girl got warped, so his options are limited) So it will be interesting to see what happens here. but, as I said in the Loki thread, Kamala is so uncompromising in her ideals that I doubt she would be working with these people unless she genuinely felt they were working towards something good. So despite some questionable backgrounds of a few of the characters, I'm pretty sure the team is working for a good goal here. though I wouldn't discount someone betraying the team.

ps. yes, I think she would definitely have a beef with Emma. honestly, Emma is the one i am most worried about here. Kamala, Ant-Man, and Hulk/Bruce are unlikely to be a concern, even if the Hulk part of the equation seems extra nasty recently. (he at least seems to take it out on bad people...) We know Kang wants to prevent the bad future. He sent Adam Warlock back in time to that end, even if that ended up not going the way he hoped, when Adam got killed. But it does mean we know he more than likely has a good intention in this instance, even if he is more commonly a bad guy. Loki is the one forming the team considering the solicit text, so while he may be using them to one extent or another, i doubt he would undermine his own plan. Which leaves Emma, she hasn't participated in this story so far, and her motivations have been.... murky of late. She's the wildcard imo.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-21-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    He worked with her, sort of, and placed that enchantment of protection on her school, but i'd hesitate to call them friends. It seemed Bruno got on with him a lot better than Kamala did, she didn't seem to like Loki very much. But I think despite that, given their past history she would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when some others probably would not. Which is likely going to be a big hurdle with any team he tries to put together, just getting people to trust his intentions are good, even if they totally are. (though, I think he could also convince Squirrel Girl, the Young Avengers, and probably Thor after some convincing. but we know for sure Thor and Squirrel Girl got warped, so his options are limited) So it will be interesting to see what happens here. but, as I said in the Loki thread, Kamala is so uncompromising in her ideals that I doubt she would be working with these people unless she genuinely felt they were working towards something good. So despite some questionable backgrounds of a few of the characters, I'm pretty sure the team is working for a good goal here. though I wouldn't discount someone betraying the team.

ps. yes, I think she would definitely have a beef with Emma. honestly, Emma is the one i am most worried about here. Hulk and Ant-Man are unlikely to be a concern, even if the Hulk part of the equation seems extra nasty recently. (he at least seems to take it out on bad people...) We know Kang wants to prevent the bad future. He sent Adam Warlock back in time to that end, even if that ended up not going the way he hoped, when Adam got killed. But it does mean we know he more than likely has a good intention in this instance, even if he is more commonly a bad guy. Loki is the one forming the team considering the solicit text, so i doubt he would undermine his own plan. Which leaves Emma, she hasn't participated in this story so far, and her motivations have been.... murky of late. She's the wildcard imo.
    Kamala is team Scemma she wrote fan fiction about them

Sorry for double post, but solicits are out:

MS. MARVEL #36

G. WILLOW WILSON (W), NICO LEON (A) Cover by VALERIO SCHITI

EMBIGGENED POTENTIAL!

* MS. MARVEL's powers are back in order!

* But that doesn't mean things get simpler...

* The next big step for KAMALA KHAN begins here!

32 pages, $3.99.
    The title makes it sound like Kamala got a power boost out of the Shocker ordeal, or at least is now more aware that her powers are far greater than she thought. Which goes back to the odd circumstances of her Terrigenesis with the black cocoon and her unusually-prophetic vision.

Wilson's definitely building up to a big revelation concerning Kamala's origins.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Kamala is getting the mind gem as it's powered by soul. Emma being a telepath is getting the power gem. Shes also a teacher and will probably teach Kamala

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Kamala is team Scemma she wrote fan fiction about them
    No, didn't she write a Wolverine/Storm and that lost to a Scemma

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Kamala is getting the mind gem as it's powered by soul. Emma being a telepath is getting the power gem. Shes also a teacher and will probably teach Kamala
    Do we even know they are getting Infinity Gems though? But, I mean, I guess there are 6 of them... and I wouldn't put it past Loki to steal them from under Gamora's nose.

Following the logic above, which seem like good fits to me:

Hulk embodies Power so he gets Space
    Loki embodies Reality so he gets Soul
    Kang embodies Time so he gets Reality
    which leaves Ant-Man getting the Time gem

Do we even know they are getting Infinity Gems though? But, I mean, I guess there are 6 of them... and I wouldn't put it past Loki to steal them from under Gamora's nose.

Following the logic above, which seem like good fits to me:

Hulk embodies Power so he gets Space
    Loki embodies Reality so he gets Soul
    Kang embodies Time so he gets Reality
    which leaves Ant-Man getting the Time gem
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...593039873?s=19

Duggan likes Emma too

Ant man embodies space so he'll get time yeah.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-21-2018 at 05:03 PM.

It does make me wonder what Kamala might do with the power of telepathy, but I suppose she is one of the characters i would trust the most with a power like that. Telepathy is a way to make manipulating people and spying on their thoughts so easy, you kind of want someone with a very strong moral compass to have that power.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly my first thought was Tempus from Bendis' X-Men run .
    In this case, nepotism is in Singularity's favor.

It does make me wonder what Kamala might do with the power of telepathy, but I suppose she is one of the characters i would trust the most with a power like that. Telepathy is a way to make manipulating people and spying on their thoughts so easy, you kind of want someone with a very strong moral compass to have that power.
    If she's implied to be so powerful with her own power and yet remains strong and moral, then I'm sure she can handle telepathy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I just got volume 9 as well. It's great having the first 49 issues spread across 9 volumes, and seeing them all lined up on the shelf really hits home how far she's come over the past 4 years. Even if I didn't also have the entirety of ANAD Avengers, the entirety of Secret Warriors, and the first two volumes of Champions also, 9 volumes of Ms. Marvel is still an impressive feat. It's a damn shame that, as seen in certain other threads from other certain posters, the character and her author are unworthy or do not deserve its achievements due to a variety of reasons.
    I was going through my library's website to request books and decided to see some of the graphic novels available.

More than HALF the Ms Marvel trades are checked out.

Last time I saw that happen-it was some buy in a Wakandan cat suit and a kid in a black and red spider outfit.

So for all the insults and degrading-it's not stopping folks from reading the books.

Whether she sticks or falls will depend on who takes over when Wilson finally leaves. There's definitely complaints about her not quite being right sometimes in team books and guest appearances.
    Honestly, the only thing I feel that Ms. Marvel needs is a gimmick of some sort. Yes, she was her powers. But she needs something on top of that... Maybe Marvel could make her stealthier? Her powerset would certainly lend itself to that.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Amazing Member

I have my doubts about comment it beacause i am not sure if i want this kind of proyects to continue anymore.

But Kamala is going to show again in Future Avengers the next Monday.
    https://twitter.com/takakuma0204/sta...33013389066241
    It seems to be also an Inhumans episode:
    https://twitter.com/boyakigears/stat...21561949347840

My issue with the situation are two:

First of all I think that this series should work like as a brainstorming ideas for Direct to Video or short lenght and more focussed single characters or idea proyects, that is the way in which the japanesse staff works better and it could lead to a healthy and more specialized production without be in danger or hurt their own country proyects.
    The last two episodes has been an adaptation of Monster Unleashed that would have been a very good pitch for a one-shot direct to video movie. I will love to see a solo series about Kamala spawning from this but she should be the focus and not a cameo in a bigger series.

Also, there is the whole block localization problem if a next proyect like this is going to come Marvel have two options: or use a japanesse channel as intermediate point for example Noitamina, NTV, NHK, and realeasse there first. Or if they want to make a proyect in america first they should use a streaming service like Netflix or Crunchyroll as intermediary or being a Direct to Video. But the actual situation is a big no to me to about doing more proyects.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post
    I have my doubts about comment it beacause i am not sure if i want this kind of proyects to continue anymore.

But Kamala is going to show again in Future Avengers the next Monday.
    https://twitter.com/takakuma0204/sta...33013389066241
    Oh nice, her civilian outfit there is straight out of the comics!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman