Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Wow, that looks out of place among the other images on that cover!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think it was a good choice also. Although Secret Empire is more of a Ms. Marvel story in my mind, because she would definitely take a solid stand against fascism/totalitarianism/the mix of things that Hydra represented. And while she would certainly also be against profiling, as we saw in CWII, the story of her leading a resistance against an oppressive regime already fits nicely with some of the themes in the book. Profiling is an issue that Kamala would feel very strongly about, and I wish it could have been explored at the choosing of Wilson, if and when she wanted to address the topic. Now a potentially powerful and meaningful arc has already been touched on with CWII. Not that she can't go back to the idea, but I think it would have been better to have it be organic.
    I'm trying to remember...I think the arc in her book concurrent with Secret Empire was the "Mecca" arc, which I think worked well in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/gfavrerochexbou/...89707571372032

Guess who is in a textbook.....in France.
    That is just too sweet.

Kamala is one of those characters who can convey a lot of lessons. I still remember how I felt after reading her first issue, feeling all those difficult emotions that reminded me of what it was like to be an outsider. It was profound and I think part of why Kamala has become so popular is that people relate to those feelings. She's not someone who ignores or forgets about them. She carries those burdens and she uses them to make her stronger. How can you not love a character like that?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Preview for #34, with appearances from the Exiles and All-New Wolverine AU Kamalas!
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-ms-marvel-34/

Champions and Marvel Rising are out next week as well:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-champions-24/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ising-omega-1/

So three Kamala appearances this week (it would be four, if the Exiles version hadn't died).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-06-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ooh, there's Bruno in a wheelchair dressed in Pakistani garb!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, there's four possible futures shown:
    Bruno dies and Kamala starts using guns (Exiles)
    Kamala is POTUS, marital status unknown (All-New Wolverine)
    Bruno marries Kamala, they grow old together
    Kamala goes with Red Dagger instead and moves to Pakistan, she continues as a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there's four possible futures shown:
    Bruno dies and Kamala starts using guns (Exiles)
    Kamala is POTUS, marital status unknown (All-New Wolverine)
    Bruno marries Kamala, they grow old together
    Kamala goes with Red Dagger instead and moves to Pakistan, she continues as a superhero
    Wonder what other Kamalas we'll get to see? Off the top of my head, I'm anticipating:
    *Genis-Khan (Back to Basics)
    *Agent Khan (Attilan Rising)
    *GotG Captain Kamala (Cosmic Ghost Rider, except more meaningful in her presence)
    *Zombie Kamala (Marvel Zombies, because they always sneak a reference to it when multiverses are involved)
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Zombie would just be straight up AU, not possible future.

Besides, that rift will just be setting up Singularity's appearance, so what's in the preview might be all we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zombie would just be straight up AU, not possible future.

Besides, that rift will just be setting up Singularity's appearance, so what's in the preview might be all we see.
    Exiles Kamala is an AU, too, in which IvX never ended and just kept escalating.

And no doubt that there will be a couple scenes with Bruno observing the rifts, which will offer a few more Kamalas besides the four we've got so far.
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-08-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Astonishing Member

Soooo, their blowing holes in the fabric of time now. With the F4 back am I the only one who could see Bruno joining the Future Foundation. Kamala knows the Royal Family so she could ask them if they could get an interview.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm trying to remember...I think the arc in her book concurrent with Secret Empire was the "Mecca" arc, which I think worked well in that regard.
    Mmmm... I think you're right? I'm not the best when it comes to keeping things totally straight as far as chronology goes. I might be getting mixed up or forgetting stuff. Wasn't Secret Warriors all pretty concurrent with CWII also?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://twitter.com/comichron/status...41955261644800

Comichron on Ms Marvel's trades.

https://twitter.com/gfavrerochexbou/...89707571372032

Guess who is in a textbook.....in France.
    Moon Girl is required reading for a class in my hometown of Baltimore! Morgan State University is using it. That is awesome.

Ms. Marvel can be applied to so many classes. I see her joining books like Maus and Sandman as books that become known to the larger public in an academic sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Mmmm... I think you're right? I'm not the best when it comes to keeping things totally straight as far as chronology goes. I might be getting mixed up or forgetting stuff. Wasn't Secret Warriors all pretty concurrent with CWII also?
    No just Secret Empire.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    No just Secret Empire.
    Thanks.. I actually meant Secret Empire. See I told you I get mixed up!

Secret Warriors was a mixed bag for me. I liked the book overall but wasn't crazy about Kamala in it. It was a lot like Ewing's New/US Avengers with Squirrel Girl in that regard. Both had two of my absolute favorite characters, and I like SW and LOVED Ewing's stuff, but their versions didn't really resonate with me. I guess that makes sense since they have both had one writer for all/nearly all of their existence. How did you like Secret Warriors?

G Willow Wilson posted on her twitter that her medical issues are ongoing and that she may be having surgery in the next few weeks.