Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maleev just can't quit doing Doom portraits.. And we certainly don't want him to quit! this one he calls Doom in Blue

Come back, Alex! Come back to share your love for Vic!

Thanks, Iron Maiden... Gorgeous...We definitively need more Vic in blue... (and what a blue!)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Come back, Alex! Come back to share your love for Vic!

Thanks, Iron Maiden... Gorgeous...We definitively need more Vic in blue... (and what a blue!)
    IIRC he said it is an 12 X 10 canvas. I wish he would make some high quality prints of his work that aren't commissions. I'd sure buy one! that is a really intense shade of blue with a hint of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IIRC he said it is an 12 X 10 canvas. I wish he would make some high quality prints of his work that aren't commissions. I'd sure buy one! that is a really intense shade of blue with a hint of green.
    So do I... even if I usually ron't use the web to buy anything I just hope I could manage to get it from my LCS...

So do I... even if I usually ron't use the web to buy anything I just hope I could manage to get it from my LCS...
    Some artists have an agent they work through to help set up selling their art. Romitaman is one site that handles a lot of art....and where they sold a page of Fantastic Four annual #2 for $28,000!! I think this site usually has collectors selling off part of their collections.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_5_11_Fantastic_Four_Villains_Variant.jpg

Got this issue yesterday...that is some wicked looking artwork...the doctor hasn't look that good in awhile

That is a nice variant cover by Del'Otto IIRC. Here's some variant covers for next week where I'm pretty sure Doom does appear. Doom was in issue #1 of MK 20th

Marvel Knights 20th issue 4

Variant cover by Kaare Andrews
    (W) Vita Ayala, Donny Cates (A) Joshua Cassara (CA) Geoff Shaw
    • What has changed the world around them?
    • Who has taken their memories of who they were, and why?
    • And why are they all haunted by the same ghost?
    • Only one man can find the answers. A man who once ruled a nation!
    • But even with no homeland, no fortune and no weapons, T'Challa is still the most dangerous man alive!
    Rated T+

The next one I'm not sure about since this is a variant cover, which doesn't always mean the characters depicted will actually be in the story

Season's Beatings #1

It's the most wonderful time of the year! And certainly the most eventful, as this cast of Marvel heroes soon find out as they engage in wacky hijinks to save the holiday season!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-14-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks for the news, Iron Maiden!

I'll have a a look at the Marvel Knights issue. I'm a bit curious... (only a bit tbh )

And I realise I missed your post about the page from FF Annual #2. No wonder it saled at such a high price : the last panel broke my mind as a kid! It's the one where Victor and Rama Tut suspect they could be the one and the same guy! How could it be!!!

Thanks for the news, Iron Maiden!

I'll have a a look at the Marvel Knights issue. I'm a bit curious... (only a bit tbh )

And I realise I missed your post about the page from FF Annual #2. No wonder it saled at such a high price : the last panel broke my mind as a kid! It's the one where Victor and Rama Tut suspect they could be the one and the same guy! How could it be!!!
    I don't think that it has been completely resolved. In Avengers Forever, Busiek left the door open for it to be a possibility. Kang reasoned it didn't matter one way or another.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Sharp eye there, Doomscribe! I may be curious enough to check that out. Usually with oddities like this, I've gone for the digital version since storage space is getting to be a problem.

On another front, he's not featured in the magazine but this is a holiday themed cover of the newest issue of Roy Thomas's Alter Ego magazine. I thought Victor and Santa were buddies! But does he have him wrapped in gold ribbon? Artists credit is Will Meugniot and Chris Ivy. Reminds me a bit of Bob Layton or Mike Zeck

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-17-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

My floppy for X-Men: Red #11 features an ad for FF #6. I refuse to put in the effort on mobile, so I’ll put up a pic tomorrow, but it’s what looks like a cover of Doom, with a circle saying HERALD OF DOOM begins now! and text below saying GALACTUS HAS RETURNED TO DEVOUR THE EARTH... AND ONLY ONE MAN CAN SAVE US: DOCTOR DOOM!
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The ad has been in all the comics. It uses Ribic's cover which is pretty sweet.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I figured as much but I didn't know if there were people here not getting anything that week, so here you go:

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Dr. Doom vs Shredder (2003 Cartoon version, or close to him) in the current chapter of my crossover story "Legion of Superheroes" -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1301484...of-Superheroes

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Maleev using gold tones this time

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-19-2018 at 03:39 AM.