View Poll Results: Is Infinity Wars just as good as other Infinity sagas?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 23.08%
  • No

10 76.92%
    Fantastic Member

Default How does Infinity Wars stack up against other Infinity sagas?

Infinity Wars is over, and the story seems to have reset the importance of the Infinity Stones. However, I am not sure how memorable or impactful the story is, especially in comparison to other Infinity saga. I don't know if it will have the same staying power as the Infinity Gauntlet or even Infinity.

It sure was nice seeing Emma Frost and Miss Marvel playing important roles in an event, though.

Mighty Member

It was bad enough for me to swear off comic events that run concurrent to a popular movie.

Seriously, Gamora's motives made no sense, we didn't get to see what Loki was trying to do at the Infinity Stone Mine, and the tie-ins overshadowed the entire event. If your main series isn't more interesting than the gimmicks you're trying to push, then you might as well just make the entire main series about the gimmick.

No, but I hesitate to call it bad. It's more "aggressively average" than anything. Still, it didn't derail any characters, didn't kill anyone other than Thanos, so there's not much to get properly angry about. Hell, I liked giving Drax's human half a happily ever after, even though I'm sure it was done primarily to make the character more similar to the MCU.

Infinity Wars is nowhere near at the same level as Infinity Gauntlet or Infinity in terms of quality, however, I would personally put it on the same level as Infinity War and Infinity Crusade, just because those all seemed pretty uninteresting.

I would give the edge a bit to Wars, just because I thought the Warps were a genuinely clever and pretty funny idea, they just didn't impact for effect the main story itself at all so all the best parts were relegated to the tie-ins.

It's a story I felt had too much and yet too little going on, to the point where the final product was just really average.

100% agree, not as good as the Infinity Gauntlet but certainly better than Infinity War and Infinity Crusade.
    Not worth killing Thanos off, though I anticipate that he will be back before we know it.
    Not excited about War of the Realms at all.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

THe thing wtih Starlins Infinity stuff is that it started getting diminishing returns.

Infinity Gauntlet was a classic. But from Infinity War to Infinity Cruasade to Infinity Abyss to Infinity Revelations etc, it all pretty much went own hill.

I guess we can put Infinity Wars somewhere in the middle there. It's certainly no Infinity Gauntlet, but I wouldn't say it's the worst Infinity story we've gotten either.

Niffleheim

Was Infinity Crusade about unscrupulous televangelists? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% agree, not as good as the Infinity Gauntlet but certainly better than Infinity War and Infinity Crusade.
    Not worth killing Thanos off, though I anticipate that he will be back before we know it.
    Not excited about War of the Realms at all.
    Killing off Thanos was probably the most interesting thing the story did, and even though we know he comes back in some form or fashion in Donny Cates' Guardians, it at least opens up the opportunity to do something completely different with him, and if not exactly the character then the symbol of him.

I'm excited for War Of The Realms because I've been really liking Aaron's Thor stuff, and this seems like it'll be a pretty great blockbuster finale to his whole story, similar to how Secret Empire was to Spencer's Captain America (which I also liked). Also I'm hoping they really get to play around with the oddness of the regular Marvel superheroes facing against all the weird Nine Realms creatures. I hope we get what the promo image showed, like Venom & Punisher fighting them, and Captain America riding a unicorn, etc.