Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Now I don't how many have paid attention to the Upcoming Covers of the Newest for FanFour Series.....but I'm certain that those that did noticed the Issue #2 has shown all of the Richards Family members and Issue #3 has all of the past members of the Fantastic Four and chance are that the Fourth Issue will pobably be focused on Doctor Doom.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 08-09-2018 at 12:18 PM.

iMan 42s

I hate to be that guy, but the artist in me sincerely wants to redesign that cause, ouch. That's not flattering. I doubt it's what's going to be used moving forward (at least I hope not) but that doesn't add up considering what we know Victor can do.

You'd think he would've kept at least some of the armor in the event he stepped on a rusty nail or something.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Now I don't how many have paid attention to the Upcoming Covers of the Newest for FanFour Series.....but I'm certain that those that did noticed the Issue #2 has shown all of the Richards Family members and Issue #3 has all of the past members of the Fantastic Four and chance are that the Fourth Issue will pobably be focused on Doctor Doom.
    I hope that Dan Slott remembers that Kristoff Venard was living at Four Freedoms plaza for a while after Reed and Victor were presumed to be dead. He went along on a few of their missions like when they found out that Hyperstorm had imprisoned "Dad" in his citadel in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but the artist in me sincerely wants to redesign that cause, ouch. That's not flattering. I doubt it's what's going to be used moving forward (at least I hope not) but that doesn't add up considering what we know Victor can do.

You'd think he would've kept at least some of the armor in the event he stepped on a rusty nail or something.
    QFT, right? He could have at least cannibalized a Doombot for the pieces. Also, the story doesn't make it clear how much time had passed since Stark came back and they had that final fight with the Demon/Hood and when Zora goes to look for Doom after noticing a light in the castle.

I still don't know what the hell that was all about with the Hood. I knew that there was a link between the Hood and Dormammu. So was Doom really fighting Dormammu that last time?

Speaking of Zora, I hope we will be seeing more of her....it seems she gets powered up when she becomes "Victorious". I do like to see Doom having his own little supporting cast. We see too little of Kristoff, Boris and Dreadknight. The last time Bram Velsing appeared, he was working for Doom instead of opposing him.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.

I wanna see Victor Mancha's reaction to that - someone using the Victorious codename.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I didn't know he used the code name Victorious. That must have been a while back. I don't recall him having any codename in Avengers A.I. Thank goodness the board seems back to normal for now. I couldn't even post yesterday afternoon. Did they take it offline for a while?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Glad to see a new thread is begun, I got a little worried when there weren't any new posts.

As to the Doom in rags question, I was under the impression that he wanted it known that it was him, not a robot.

Not that he couldn't make a robot that looked like it was wearing skin ... yeah, not his best look all things considered.
    DS
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

as to the end of FF#1:
    I AM SO FRICKING PISSED
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I personally loved the Doom story in FF #1. This mini story could warrant it's own comic in my opinion. I hope they continue it for several issues.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I liked Doom's dialogue in FF#1 and even more coming from that mess in Ironman.

Welcome back, Victor.

Welcome back, Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I personally loved the Doom story in FF #1. This mini story could warrant it's own comic in my opinion. I hope they continue it for several issues.
    I liked it better than the main story. felt it was a mistake to push off the reunion until next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrel-San View Post

Welcome back, Victor.
    I'm still going to miss Infamous Iron Man. I have to repeat that I thought it was disappointing to see that Marvel believes we can only have a Doom with a messed up face. I hope Slott doesn't forget about Amara. Like it or not, there's going to be a little Doom coming along soon.

I'm pretty upset that the FF relaunch, in nearly all aspects, just up and ignored two and a half years -- at a minimum -- of stories, some of which are literally still going on. Worse, it's not to do anything new, it seems, just rehash the same old stuff. I mean, it's only one issue in, but presently you could make an argument with evidence that this is ignoring stuff all the way back to before the Future Foundation.

It's just frustrating that it only makes the very simplest moves and ignores all the interesting complications and velopment in order to give us the same old thing.

I mean, for 30 months, Doom's entire character was based in the very real realization that he is no one's savior.

iMan 42s

Fantastic Four #1 is something of a mediocre sit. It’s not only not worth the price tag but not enough happens in it otherwise. The farther in time we are away from this issue the less impressive it will be.

I’ve already stated my reasoning for its issues in the Fantastic Four thread so I’ll keep it to Doctor Doom over here.

I don’t think Dan Slott gets Doctor Doom at this point in his life.
    It goes against Secret Wars and honestly detracts from the ending. Victor learning to let go and just let life happens is the ultimate learning experience for a dictator. Victor was wrong and has to admit that Reed would’ve done things better and in the end he does. The beginning of his journey in Infamous Iron man is predicated in this. Victor has success, but if he just lets things happen, if he intervened when needed, if he just lets life happen, he can be a better man for it. And then in Iron man he does exactly this and saves Tony Stark. He goes as far to be a pretty successful Iron man all things considered. But for him to just go back to becoming Latveria’s defacto ruler just misses the point.

Victor’s journey is one of letting go. It’s about doing the right thing and it not being easy to accept and accepting the person doing it. Victor basically learns altruism and for it be flushed away for more of old Doctor Doom just kind of sucks, not to mention that it’s written in such a way you could change some characters and the setting and Victor could be replaced with Magneto or even Red Skull. It’s just a bad showing.

Seriously if anybody is just interested in this, just find scans online. This comic really has that little to it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    I'm pretty upset that the FF relaunch, in nearly all aspects, just up and ignored two and a half years -- at a minimum -- of stories, some of which are literally still going on. Worse, it's not to do anything new, it seems, just rehash the same old stuff. I mean, it's only one issue in, but presently you could make an argument with evidence that this is ignoring stuff all the way back to before the Future Foundation.

It's just frustrating that it only makes the very simplest moves and ignores all the interesting complications and development in order to give us the same old thing.

I mean, for 30 months, Doom's entire character was based in the very real realization that he is no one's savior.
    He was learning what Peter Parker learned from Uncle Ben, that thing about great power having great responsibilities. Not that I felt that he was reckless and greedy as ruler of Latveria. For the most part, he did take responsibility for the welfare of all. But with many chefs in the kitchen you do end up with a mixed bag of consistency. I love that avatar BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Fantastic Four #1 is something of a mediocre sit. It’s not only not worth the price tag but not enough happens in it otherwise. The farther in time we are away from this issue the less impressive it will be.

I’ve already stated my reasoning for its issues in the Fantastic Four thread so I’ll keep it to Doctor Doom over here.

I don’t think Dan Slott gets Doctor Doom at this point in his life.
    It goes against Secret Wars and honestly detracts from the ending. Victor learning to let go and just let life happens is the ultimate learning experience for a dictator. Victor was wrong and has to admit that Reed would’ve done things better and in the end he does. The beginning of his journey in Infamous Iron man is predicated in this. Victor has success, but if he just lets things happen, if he intervened when needed, if he just lets life happen, he can be a better man for it. And then in Iron man he does exactly this and saves Tony Stark. He goes as far to be a pretty successful Iron man all things considered. But for him to just go back to becoming Latveria’s defacto ruler just misses the point.

Victor’s journey is one of letting go. It’s about doing the right thing and it not being easy to accept and accepting the person doing it. Victor basically learns altruism and for it be flushed away for more of old Doctor Doom just kind of sucks, not to mention that it’s written in such a way you could change some characters and the setting and Victor could be replaced with Magneto or even Red Skull. It’s just a bad showing.

Seriously if anybody is just interested in this, just find scans online. This comic really has that little to it.
    QFT. I do want to see Victor take a more active had in steering Latveria when things go astray, as the did with the unworthy General Karadick. Doom should have installed that woman that he vetted for him and not trusted him to do the right thing. There was more growth with Doom as a character in the past three years and there's been in decades. I fear it will all be washed away by Slott.

The one good takeaway I got out of the story is the new character Zora who will become Victorious. I am intrigued to see what her arc will be.

Astonishing Member

I still have not got a copy of the new Fantastic Four.
    But i am happy that Doctor Doom had a story in the first issue of FF.And it´s way cool that is Simone Bianchi illustrating the stories.He have a art style that i think should be great in Doctor Doom stories.