Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks, that was a nice write up though brief. I keep saying that the one thing that made Doom 2099 work for me was that he had an interesting supporting cast with Fortune (a descendant of Boris), Poet and Wire.

But I don't think I would have ranked the Fantastic Four that high at #5 since they came in towards the end of 2099 when some of the writers were either laid off or quit. I think Karl Kesel wrote their book and it was pretty good.
    Doom 2099 was a phenomenal read...the cyberpunk universe mixed in with old school Doom mentality...your right he had a great supporting cast like Fortune, Poet, Wire, and his "lost love" Margaretta...she was an interesting character...playing around with time and a second Doom trying to confuse our Victor....then ONE NATION UNDER DOOM....I loved the American takeover...it was genius

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Doom 2099 was a phenomenal read...the cyberpunk universe mixed in with old school Doom mentality...your right he had a great supporting cast like Fortune, Poet, Wire, and his "lost love" Margaretta...she was an interesting character...playing around with time and a second Doom trying to confuse our Victor....then ONE NATION UNDER DOOM....I loved the American takeover...it was genius
    I was glad to see that they put out the collected version of that with the Warren Ellis issues. I made sure to pick that up. I wish they would come out with one for 1-23 so it could all be in TPB form. They don't have much of Doom 2099 in Marvel Unlimited either.

After seeing the newest mini-Doom story in FF #1, I am still of a mind that I would love a Doom solo book. I would like him to be a mixture of Infamous and the OG Doom. Someone that leads his country with an iron fist (as they obviously desire), but someone also, that helps out against threats facing the world. I see him fixing major problems before a group of heroes even shows up. Avengers show up and Victor would be like; "All of these heroes for a threat that Doom handled with a mere whim of good nature"?

I have always loved Reed from the FF, but I have always considered Victor the #1 intelligence in the Marvel Universe. Of course, any Doom book would make me happy.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Mighty Member

I was glad to see that they put out the collected version of that with the Warren Ellis issues. I made sure to pick that up. I wish they would come out with one for 1-23 so it could all be in TPB form. They don't have much of Doom 2099 in Marvel Unlimited either.
    I'm really hoping for an Epic Collection of Doom 2099. They have gone for more "classic" stories so far, but I hope they expand it soon. Tons of eighties and nineties books haven't been collected in any form yet. The Ellis collection was a start but I'd like to see the rest soon!

Astonishing Member

I guess not. If you read the Bendis's Iron Man #600, he still had the Infamous Iron Man armor at the end of the story when he went back to Latveria. As we saw, he's got some kind of strange Cave Man Doom look that's half rags held together by rope. I wonder if Slott will do some flashbacks or just go with that. I like classic Doom when it's done right but I also got adjusted to seeing Doom 2099 for 4 years and liked that armor a lot. I'm curious to see how Sara Pichelli draws him, or will they continue to keep his story separate. I liked how in Iron Man, Maleev continued to draw the Doom pages.
    Thanks for the info.
    I did not read very well the preview of FF:1,because i tend to not read much the previews of the comics i am going to buy.I thought the Cave Man Doom look was a Flashback scene.
    I prefer the classic Doom design as well,all though the Doom 2099 Armor is quite cool as well,but from the 2099 line of comics,Doom 2099 is still in my comic books to read list.I read more Spider-Man 2099 and X-men 2099.
    I think if they kept the secondary story of Doctor Doom in the new Fantastic Four comic book ,would be cool.At least untill the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom apeared in the main story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly, Doom 2099 remains one of my favourite books of all time. I say this not just because I like Cyberpunk, I think that overall Doom 2099 legitimately holds up as one of the best runs that Marvel has ever published in their long history. It's just a shame Marvel doesn't give Doom 2099 more respect, it deserves a new reprint and some availability on digital platforms.

What's the current state of Doom after the Invincible Iron Man run? Last I read, Doom confronts Mephisto who was in the guise of Ultimate Reed Richards. Now I see Doom in rags? Someone want to fill in the gaps for me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    What's the current state of Doom after the Invincible Iron Man run? Last I read, Doom confronts Mephisto who was in the guise of Ultimate Reed Richards. Now I see Doom in rags? Someone want to fill in the gaps for me?
    Basically, in Iron Man #600 Bendis was made to put all his toys back in the box. Doom fought Mephisto again, only this time the Iron Man suit was destroyed and his face was scarred. The whole issue was a mess, you're not missing anything by not reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Basically, in Iron Man #600 Bendis was made to put all his toys back in the box. Doom fought Mephisto again, only this time the Iron Man suit was destroyed and his face was scarred. The whole issue was a mess, you're not missing anything by not reading it.
    Yeah, that's about it. The only thing I can add is there was some argument in the review thread over whether or not it was Mephisto or some other demon. Either way, Bendis ended up having the Hood being possessed or something again. It just wasn't clear by what. I lead towards Mephisto or maybe Dormammu.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

So my parents are being all "cannot confirm or deny" but it sounds like my Latverian flag is in the mail.
    I DID get my Cylops Was Right shirt today, and there's a Rogue & Gambit TPB waiting for me at my comic shop.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Can't wait to see what your flag looks like. I hope you post pix.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

If that is, in fact, what’s in the mail, I will happily upload a picture of it.
    Then put on my Cyclops was Right shirt, drape the flag around my shoulders, and go to my comic shop.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Sounds epic!

Not much to report on any Doom appearances for November's comics. Looks like his appearance in October's Thor #6 is a single issue appearance

This is probably the oddest looking AU Doom...

EXILES #10
    SALADIN AHMED (w)
    JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    THE COURT OF CALIPH DOOM!
    Even in a world of magic carpets and wish-granting lamps, Doctor Doom rules with an iron fist! And strangers are not welcome in this fairy-tale land. Can Blink’s growing team escape this eternal Arabian Night before Doom gains ultimate power?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-22-2018 at 02:04 AM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Interesting cover, IM, thanks for the share!
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria