Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Next issue will be great. Happy to see Victor again (still disappointed they didn't continue the arc started in FF #1).
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Alright, just read TIO #10... sorry to be the bearer of bad news but once again Doom doesn't make an appearance. I can only assume that the plot point with Doom and Rachna has been dropped completely. We'll likely never know how Doom (as the Infamous Iron Man) found his way back to Earth.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks Kintor. I was pretty sure this was going to be the case. Is it just me or does it seem like Zdarsky's writing has been less, I don't know, engaged since it was decided that the Fantastic Four comic was returning? I suppose that the annual was the last shot they gave him to use Infamous Iron Man. I get the sense that he may have had other plans for the 3 of them, Ben, Johnny and Victor having a few adventures for a while. I guess #12 is the last issue of MTIO. I did like the first 6 issues but IMO it was also a big blow not to have Chueng or Schiti on the art anymore.

Like you, I am annoyed at that gap in the story never being addressed as to what happened when he went after Rachna. I'm cynical enough to believe we never will see what, if anything, happened between him and Rachna. The Multisect was the only means of transport that they had available. I guess I still wanted to see Infamous Iron Man one more time at least.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-26-2018 at 07:55 AM.

I share the same feelings my friends...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

After reading MTIO the other night, I get the sense that Zdarsky might have planned to have a face off with the Mad Thinker's Fantastic Four and a makeshift Fantastic Four of Ben, Johnny, Victor and Rachna. I really liked MTIO and I feel like this could have been an ongoing. It's almost like the return of the Fantastic Four title sealed it's fate. It's too bad because it had a promising first 6 issues.

It would have been quite cool!

But I'm not sure it was the plan all along because of Ben's and Johnny's loss of power... or they could still have a few left then?...

I sincerely don't know but it makes me wonder how everything works in Marvel office : when the new FF wad green lighted? How the editors do take care of all the continuity issues with - for example - Victor? And notably some in Bendis books?
    (Which I love more and more btw now that I don't expect anything else from them than what was published...)

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It would have been quite cool!

But I'm not sure it was the plan all along because of Ben's and Johnny's loss of power... or they could still have a few left then?...

I sincerely don't know but it makes me wonder how everything works in Marvel office : when the new FF wad green lighted? How the editors do take care of all the continuity issues with - for example - Victor? And notably some in Bendis books?
    (Which I love more and more btw now that I don't expect anything else from them than what was published...)
    I did have some issues with Bendis work but I will continue to give him credit for trying to do something different, to take Doom down a different path. IMO it was a path that he had to take after Secret Wars. He confessed to Amara that it just didn't work for him and he still felt that even with all that power that his life was ...unfulfilled somehow.

It's also a very human version of Doom that we got. I hope this isn't that last scene we will have between him and Amara....

I'm not saying something corny like he's having a mid-life crisis but I hope we don't get a complete regression either.

I hope too... and won't speculate about what should or could be - at least that's what I understood since I came back to comics...

And I agree about Bendis. When I said I love his books more and more it's also because sometimes I remember some pages, some moments - especially the page you posted - And I just say to me : "That was really cool!"

Of course the fact that he works with great artists quite often is more than important... Come back, Maleev! (I even put Pearl on my pull-list because of the art...)

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

That’s not Doom on the cover of TS:IM #5, is it?
    The face looks like him, but there’s no green and that would be a RADICAL armor change.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    That’s not Doom on the cover of TS:IM #5, is it?
    The face looks like him, but there’s no green and that would be a RADICAL armor change.
    I don't think so....I think it's Arno Stark

Fantastic Four #6 takes place in Latveria and is called Herald of Doom

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

The detailed art of Aaron Kuder is great,so i am looking forward to read Fantastic Four #6 illustrated by him.

Well... I don't know his work but wasn't really impressed by the b&w pages posted elsewhere... I hope you're right!

Love that Ribic cover. I imagine the Herald of Doom means we will see the transformation of Zora into "Victorious"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Fantastic Four #6 takes place in Latveria and is called Herald of Doom

I'm looking forward to a nice FF & Doom story. I hope Kristoff gets featured as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!