Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm looking forward to a nice FF & Doom story. I hope Kristoff gets featured as well.
    Kristoff making a cameo would be nice. Personally though, I'd love to see Boris making a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Kristoff making a cameo would be nice. Personally though, I'd love to see Boris making a return.
    Boris would be nice as well. Having him and Kristoff making cameo appearances would be great.
    Last edited by nj06; 11-24-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree. I think the last time we saw Boris was early in Hickman's run, after Doom received brain trauma when he got clobbered in Fall of the Hulk by Red She Hulk IIRC.

The last time I recall seeing Kristoff was when Owen Reece took off with Doom to show him what was going on with the Incursions. I had hoped he either had been in Infamous Iron Man but again, nothing. Slott seems to be more interested in Marvel's back history so I hope they are in issue #6.

The preview of Thor #6 is out. Here is a link: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-thor-6/

I really like Ward's art but tbh I was more impressed by the last page of Thor #5. But there are still plenty of pages to discover. About the writing, there are good stuffs, others I like less for many reasons, but still plenty to discover. I hope the full story will be nice!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The preview of Thor #6 is out. Here is a link: https://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-thor-6/

Thanks Abe!

I really like Ward's art but tbh I was more impressed by the last page of Thor #5. But there are still plenty of pages to discover. About the writing, there are good stuffs, others I like less for many reasons, but still plenty to discover. I hope the full story will be nice!
    That art does look great and I see what you meant by the good and the bad. I guess it's not too spoilery to discuss briefly the panels shown but I don't think I care for a somewhat nihilist Doom who it appears to want nothing but desolation. But I suppose there's many a version of Doom out there again in the multiverse.

But still, that cover by Ribic in one for the ages. Years ago, the Marvel Store used to have this feature where you could pick a Marvel cover and you could order a poster of it. I wish they would do that. I suppose you could do it if one had the equipment to print on large paper stock.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-13-2018 at 09:23 AM.

I like this variant cover for ASM #11 coming out in honor of Ben and Alicia's wedding. I guess they are doing all villains because Reed and Sue's wedding got crashed by just about every Marvel villain at that time. Doom wasn't there in person because Ben had injured his ends a couple of issues earlier in FF #40

Can't make out the artist's initials is on this one.

BANNED

That's a beautiful cover, Marvel can still produce great artwork when they want to. Unfortunately, I can't justify buying a random issue of ASM when Doom won't actually appear in the story. It's always bugged me when comic covers mislead the reader about the book's contents and this variant cover is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like this variant cover for ASM #11 coming out in honor of Ben and Alicia's wedding. I guess they are doing all villains because Reed and Sue's wedding got crashed by just about every Marvel villain at that time. Doom wasn't there in person because Ben had injured his ends a couple of issues earlier in FF #40

Can't make out the artist's initials is on this one.

Those initials are not unknown to you, Iron Maiden! They are here at the bottom left, in red:

Another Dell'Otto great Doom cover! If I see it in my lcs at an almist normal prize I'll get it most probably...
    Last edited by Abe; 10-14-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

He must have changed his signature/stamp. Also I wonder if that is a 12 there? Maybe that's an unused piece that Marvel decided to use. I like the theme of all villains for variant cover for the wedding issue since Jack Kirby had just about every Marvel villain at that time on the cover of FF annual #3.

Here's a close up of the signature only on the poster I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    That's a beautiful cover, Marvel can still produce great artwork when they want to. Unfortunately, I can't justify buying a random issue of ASM when Doom won't actually appear in the story. It's always bugged me when comic covers mislead the reader about the book's contents and this variant cover is no exception.
    That happened to me on one of the early variant covers I bought. I made the assumption when seeing it at the LCS that it meant Doom was appearing in that issue. Can't remember which comic that was though.

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #5 Oct 1963
    "Marked for Destruction by Dr. Doom!"
    After a report by J. Jonah Jameson about the "menace" of Spider-Man,
    Peter in order to avoid any suspicion that he's really Spider-Man
    speaks negatively about his alter ego, earning him harsh words from Flash Thompson.
    Meanwhile, Dr. Doom had seen this same report and decided that after surviving his last encounter battling
    the Fantastic Four, that perhaps Spider-Man would make for a good partner to eliminate his mortal foes.

Doom uses a device which sends out a signal that affects Peter's Spider-Sense and Peter goes to it as Spider-Man.
    Doom offers Spider-Man an alliance. Spider-Man naturally refuses and a brief battle ensues in which Spider-Man escapes.
    While back at Midtown High, Flash has decided to play a prank on Peter Parker by giving him
    a "scare" in his new Spider-Man costume in the hopes of getting Parker to have more respect for Spider-Man.

This prank backfires, as Dr. Doom begins trying to track down Spider-Man to get revenge.
    As Thompson is near Peter when Doom is tracking Spider-Man, he captures Thompson instead.
    Doom then sends out a message to the Fantastic Four to battle him or Spider-Man will be killed.
    Peter at first believes that Flash deserves his fate, but his sense of responsibility sends him out to rescue Flash anyway.

Spider-Man goes to Flash's rescue, and manages to hold his own against Doom's weapons and attacks.
    However, when the Fantastic Four arrive as well, Doom decides to flee the battle.

Spider-Man decides to leave as well, leaving the Fantastic Four to rescue Thompson, hoping that he learns his lesson.
    The next day at school he sees otherwise, as Flash boasts about his experience.
    Peter, needing to keep his identity as Spider-Man secret, of course cannot say anything otherwise.

Script by Stan Lee, art by Steve Ditko

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's interesting to see a Ditko Doctor Doom, when I'm so used to seeing a Kirby Doom. Thanks for posting that, 616Marvel!

I have not been able to keep up with most of my comics, so I will just lurk and admire the talents of Dell'Otto and his amazing Doom!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Capture d’écran 2018-10-16 à 09.28.08.jpg

Doom in Thor #5, by Christian Ward.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's interesting to see a Ditko Doctor Doom, when I'm so used to seeing a Kirby Doom. Thanks for posting that, 616Marvel!

I have not been able to keep up with most of my comics, so I will just lurk and admire the talents of Dell'Otto and his amazing Doom!
    Well hello there and welcome back! As you can see, this thread got rebooted due to some problems with the servers or something. I miss seeing our old post and view counts. We were getting close to a million views as I recall...about 800,000.

I don't have any Dell'Otto but will you take a new Alex Ross? (and he got the eyes correct and made them brown instead of blue)Saw this on his Twitter. He's been promoting his new book of Marvel Art

You can see his dueling Namors in this promo for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Capture d’écran 2018-10-16 à 09.28.08.jpg

Doom in Thor #5, by Christian Ward.
    The art in the preview pages that Abe posted on the previous page look pretty good too. At least I will have something to read Wednesday.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-16-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Awesome preview! OP Doom is the best kind of Doom.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.