Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's a warped Doom in Infinity Warps.
    spoilers:
    Doctor Doomactus in the Moon Squirrel story.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There's a warped Doom in Infinity Warps.
    spoilers:
    Doctor Doomactus in the Moon Squirrel story.
    end of spoilers
    Hmm, that would be clever, except...
    spoilers:
    We already had Galactus Doom earlier this year in 2-in-1.
    end of spoilers

iMan 42s

Honestly I find many of the warps lame and this only furthers my disinterest in the event seeing as spoilers:
    Galactus Doom
    end of spoilers wasn't that long ago.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Caliph Doom was... eh.
    Yeah, I have to agree. On physical appearance alone, the concept looked like a fail. The only thing that was saved it was spoilers:
    at the end he redeemed himself when the spirit of his mother appeared and he ended up going to battle with that AU's version of Mephisto. But it was a good reversal to see that Mephisto was enslaved to Doom, like the Djinn in the Thief of Bagdad
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Honestly I find many of the warps lame and this only furthers my disinterest in the event seeing as spoilers:
    Galactus Doom
    end of spoilers wasn't that long ago.
    Usually I don't bother to buy a copy of these oddball appearances anymore. I may wait and read it on Marvel Digital Unlimited.

Another random discovery, an homage to Peanuts' Doctor Lucy.

Thank you so much, Ray!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I don't think I will try that Infinity Warp avater... or that Caliph Doom... I just hope that Slott will handle the good doctor well enough the. M2I1 was not bad at all but it's been several moths without a proper real Doom story - in continuity (I mean taking care of the evolution if the character).

I couldn't gong any Avengers Halloween Special in any of my LCSs... but I managed to read it anyway somewhere on the the web.... Definitively a really nice short story, which maybe should have deserved a longer book. Maybe. The concept is clever and the rate page of an average What If? Would have been welcomed imho. Even if it perfectly works already in the few pages format in which it has been published.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I don't think I will try that Infinity Warp avater... or that Caliph Doom... I just hope that Slott will handle the good doctor well enough the. M2I1 was not bad at all but it's been several moths without a proper real Doom story - in continuity (I mean taking care of the evolution if the character).

I couldn't gong any Avengers Halloween Special in any of my LCSs... but I managed to read it anyway somewhere on the the web.... Definitively a really nice short story, which maybe should have deserved a longer book. Maybe. The concept is clever and the rate page of an average What If? Would have been welcomed imho. Even if it perfectly works already in the few pages format in which it has been published.
    The story did have an open end so it's possible someone may follow up on that alternate universe. At first when I thumbed through the pages I was surprised by the panel with the topless Sue facing Victor (her back was to us, the reader ). spoilers:
    but reading in detail we find that she is a xenomorph somewhat like the "vistor" in The Thing.
    end of spoilers I wish the story was a bit longer but it was after all an anthology - style one shot.

I guess you could say I was spoiled by the promise of a monthly Doom-centric comic with Infamous Iron Man. So far I've been a bit underwhelmed by Slott's Fantastic Four. Too much switching around on artists doesn't help matters either. I think it didn't help with Zdarsky's MTIO either. But comparing the two so far, I think I like Zdarsky's work with Doom better than what I've seen so far in the Fantastic Four. I'm still disappointed by Jim Cheung's sudden departure from MTIO to DC.

I've been saying for a while now that Marvel's roster of artists seem to be a bit unstable these days. Slott has some problems fairly recently also. I know he was late with some Spider-Man stuff and it may have been a personal issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Usually I don't bother to buy a copy of these oddball appearances anymore.
    Warped Doom is played for laughs here, just be warned; after all it includes a certain warped rodent who has an infamous history with him.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Warped Doom is played for laughs here, just be warned; after all it includes a certain warped rodent who has an infamous history with him.
    That bushy tailed creature has been riding on Doom's coat tails for too long!

Exclamation

For those who may be interested. The current story arc of my "Legion of Superheroes" Avengers/Justice League Crossover will heavily feature the not so good doctor. He'll team with Lex Luthor in this one to save Earth from invading aliens when most of the heroes are incapacitated -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1301484...of-Superheroes

If so inclined, enjoy.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-23-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Thanks for the link. I always like to check out the Doom - related fan fiction.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

In time for the holidays ... Jason Latour is apparently doing a Holiday Special and a variant cover and guess who is on the cover?

Sadly, the rodent girl is also on the cover. ;p
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-27-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks Reviresco! Too bad Doom didn't get the triple play on the Holidays this year. He had a short story in the Avengers Halloween Special but Marvel didn't have a Thanksgiving story with Doom this year..as far as I know anyway.

Like I suspected, the last issue of Marvel Two in One never mentions what happened after Doom took off in pursuit of Rachna and the Multisect. Rachna is confronted by Johnny about it and she just mentions that when she arrived back at her HQ, the Mad Thinker was still there with his newly powered team. Then she recounts that the Mole Man had also paid her a visit to gain back control of the creatures in his kingdom. We do see the Mole Man talking to Rachna about it in the prologue and he's very bitter about Victor "upending my life" back in MTIO #2
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-29-2018 at 11:50 AM.