Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

I don't remember any Doom in Marvelocity... but perhaps I'm not reliable. Anyway Ross' take on the FF is simply extraordinary. If I get that book one day, it will be for those few pages. And we can legitimately wonder how he would have used Victor if such a project had been greenlighted...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Boy have I got some catching up to do.

Hi folks. Long time.

Been busy with some health issues, but it seems at least now I have something to fill my time, one of them is clearly going to be catching up with my favorite character in all Marveldom.

And maybe finishing up those upgrades to my suit that I promised myself I would do when I got time (case in point)

doomwip.jpg

some here might remember the idea of doing a build for God Emperor, and thats still a plan, but might have to wait until my kidney issues get dealt with, as the time and effort needed for a project of that magnitude might be a little much right now, but hey, all good things in time right? Lets do some fine tuning to this beast first.

doomfinal.jpg

So much to catch up on...

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manitobamando View Post

Hi folks. Long time.

Been busy with some health issues, but it seems at least now I have something to fill my time, one of them is clearly going to be catching up with my favorite character in all Marveldom.

And maybe finishing up those upgrades to my suit that I promised myself I would do when I got time (case in point)

doomwip.jpg

some here might remember the idea of doing a build for God Emperor, and thats still a plan, but might have to wait until my kidney issues get dealt with, as the time and effort needed for a project of that magnitude might be a little much right now, but hey, all good things in time right? Lets do some fine tuning to this beast first.

doomfinal.jpg

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with health issues. That's always depressing. Glad you are feeling better, at least enough to visit again.

But I do relate on having so very much to catch up with.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I don't remember any Doom in Marvelocity... but perhaps I'm not reliable. Anyway Ross' take on the FF is simply extraordinary. If I get that book one day, it will be for those few pages. And we can legitimately wonder how he would have used Victor if such a project had been greenlighted...
    I think Doom was in the book, but I can't remember exactly where. But he was definitely in one of the portraits in the fold out cover.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I know, right? It just tickles me that he's still doing Doom portraits and the series ended over a year ago. I wish they had continued it with a new writer but were able to keep him as artist. But I know he does some creator owned stuff with Bendis too.

I like the blue one and how it reveals a bit of his face. I like that he did it unscarred and not how it is currently.

Doom obviously, and rightly, made an impression on Maleev.

We need a Supervillain Team Up book for Doom and Namor.

The blue one is pretty too. The gold one, however, reminds me of a furnace, and that scene where we saw Doom first put on the mask.

I would love to see a Noah Hawley Dr Doom show / movie. I love his LEGION.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Favourite Doom moment?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Favourite Doom moment?
    I think of the recent stuff, It would be when he put Thanos in his place in Secret War. Then there is.

All of the GN Triumph and Torment
    Taking the White House in Doom 2099
    Gaining the Power Cosmic in FF#57....best use of Kirby Krackle ever.

I'll probably post more later, panels or splash pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Manitobamando View Post

Hi folks. Long time.

doomwip.jpg

doomfinal.jpg

Manitobamando! So glad to hear from you! And so sorry for your health issues: it's good that you feel better... I just wish you the best for the times to come! (Will post more later... don't really have time for now..)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Favourite Doom moment?
    T&T - Doom using the onboard systems in his armour to analyse and then copy the spells of his rival magic users.
    Doom 2099 - The final page of #1 where Doom's new armour is revealed as he declares his intention to reconquer Latveria.
    Doomwar - Convincing the panther god Bast to give him the vibranium willingly because only the future where Doom rules is the one where humanity survives.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Favourite Doom moment?
    Doom standing up to the Purple Man in Emperor Doom, taking his mask off and proving his will was strong enough to resist the Purple Man's powers.
    Doom standing up to Superman in Marvel Treasury Edition: Superman & Spiderman. Doom says "Bah!" to Superman, and Supes can't do anything about it. Issue also contains one of his better mirror-smashing monologues.
    Doom taking Reed's place to fight the Overmind in Fantastic Four #116.

so much wonderfulness ...
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Favourite Doom moment?
    1. Doom gains the Beyonder's powers (original Secret Wars).

2. Without any armor, Doom kills a lion and wraps himself in its carcass (Chuck Dixon's Doom mini-series).

3. In The Children's Crusade, Doom comes pretty close to marrying Wanda.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-20-2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I am a big fan of Doom smack-talking The Beyonders in Hickman Avengers.
    “Those who believe they can manufacture Doom shall face doom himself”
    Badass!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Favourite Doom moment?
    Everything Hickman’s done with him, as well as Infamous Iron Man. It’s all great, really.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Favourite Doom moment?
    Too many and some are already mentioned. But here one small moment i enjoyed from Doom during Infinity Gauntlet

What i love in those panels,is Doom's opportunism, trying to further his pursuit for power when the moment arise. Also,it a great feat of power,as his armor endured a blast from IG and lived to tell it.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

X Men #56, Onslaught Saga