Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Wow ! A new thread, a new FF book, a new direction for Doom... that's really too much to handle for now...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

See what happens when you take a vacation from the board, Abe? I must say I posted less when it got to be very frustrating just to do one post.

Nice to see you here whiteshark I'm used to seeing you in the covers contest thread. I like Bianchi's style too. One review called his Doom "baroque" and I guess that is true. I still would like to see more of a modern touch to his armor.

Hey, what the hell happened to the thread title? This and several others have been renamed to Charactername appreciation 2018 - even though some of them aren't new threads! Change them back please!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was going to ask if you requested the name change but now I have my answer. I hope the board settles down anyway. It can be pretty annoying just trying to post sometimes

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Welcome back,my liege.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    See what happens when you take a vacation from the board, Abe? I must say I posted less when it got to be very frustrating just to do one post.

Nice to see you here whiteshark I'm used to seeing you in the covers contest thread. I like Bianchi's style too. One review called his Doom "baroque" and I guess that is true. I still would like to see more of a modern touch to his armor.
    Hi hi hi... to be honest I was still lurking and I followed all the various episodes (sorry for my lack of answer to your mail... ) about the forum issues, Vic's story and the new FF title...
    But I don't know where to start! Post fatigue also probably...

I second Iron Maiden, White shark! Great to see you here!!!

Double post?!?

What a surprise...
    Last edited by Abe; 08-13-2018 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

The Doom story was the best part of FF #1... Not sure if I'll stick with it though, I'm just not a fan of Slott's work...

I confess to having not read a lot of stuff by Slott. I did try his Silver Surfer with Mike Allred but IMO that just wasn't the kind of Surfer story I wanted. Too cartoony.

I did like most of the Doom story in FF#1. But it still ticks me off that someone in Marvel editorial thought Doom couldn't have a normal face for long. I just don't want to see him turn into a moustache twirling villain. Slott hinted that his Doom would be "complicated" but we'll see where he goes with this. I am intrigued by Zora and what role she will have in the series.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, what the hell happened to the thread title? This and several others have been renamed to Charactername appreciation 2018 - even though some of them aren't new threads! Change them back please!
    The Admins are mulling with changes to appreciation threads to make them more manageable. If anyone wants to comment about it, please do so at the CBR Community Q&A and Announcements forum. Thanks.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I confess to having not read a lot of stuff by Slott. I did try his Silver Surfer with Mike Allred but IMO that just wasn't the kind of Surfer story I wanted. Too cartoony.

I did like most of the Doom story in FF#1. But it still ticks me off that someone in Marvel editorial thought Doom couldn't have a normal face for long. I just don't want to see him turn into a moustache twirling villain. Slott hinted that his Doom would be "complicated" but we'll see where he goes with this. I am intrigued by Zora and what role she will have in the series.
    Yeah, I guess I can accept a return to the old armor (although it's still got me pissed), but if Slott's idea of complicated is "many different interesting kinds of evil hahaha I'm ignoring all of Bendis and Two-in-One" I'm going to be furious
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

I second Iron Maiden, White shark! Great to see you here!!!
    Yep.I try to participate in the cover contest as much as i can.
    Thank you Iron Maiden and Abe for the welcoming.
    Apreciated it.
    Makes sense to call Bianchi´s art style as baroque.He does have a detailed and exagerated art style so to speak.
    Bianchi art style reminds me of Joe Quesada art style.I think Bianchi´s was well choosen to illustrate the Doctor Doom story in the Fantastic Four story.
    I have not read FF:1 yet,but i guess that Doctor Doom does not have the Infamous Iron Man armor anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yep.I try to participate in the cover contest as much as i can.
    Thank you Iron Maiden and Abe for the welcoming.
    Apreciated it.
    Makes sense to call Bianchi´s art style as baroque.He does have a detailed and exagerated art style so to speak.
    Bianchi art style reminds me of Joe Quesada art style.I think Bianchi´s was well choosen to illustrate the Doctor Doom story in the Fantastic Four story.
    I have not read FF:1 yet,but i guess that Doctor Doom does not have the Infamous Iron Man armor anymore?
    I guess not. If you read the Bendis's Iron Man #600, he still had the Infamous Iron Man armor at the end of the story when he went back to Latveria. As we saw, he's got some kind of strange Cave Man Doom look that's half rags held together by rope. I wonder if Slott will do some flashbacks or just go with that. I like classic Doom when it's done right but I also got adjusted to seeing Doom 2099 for 4 years and liked that armor a lot. I'm curious to see how Sara Pichelli draws him, or will they continue to keep his story separate. I liked how in Iron Man, Maleev continued to draw the Doom pages.

Hey CBR ranked the top 25 2099 characters and guess who made the top of the list?

https://www.cbr.com/ranking-comic-ch...s-marvel-2099/

Thanks, that was a nice write up though brief. I keep saying that the one thing that made Doom 2099 work for me was that he had an interesting supporting cast with Fortune (a descendant of Boris), Poet and Wire.

But I don't think I would have ranked the Fantastic Four that high at #5 since they came in towards the end of 2099 when some of the writers were either laid off or quit. I think Karl Kesel wrote their book and it was pretty good.