Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That hat! I don't think Tony would like that

I've come to realize that I really wanted Infamous Iron Man to continue without Bendis. But I guess with the return of the Fantastic Four, I guess it was inevitable that the new creative team would want to make use of Doom there.

I was getting used to a Doom monthly and I was disappointed last week there was no mention of what happened to Rachna and Victor in Marvel TIO. Nor was there even a Doombot appearance in Runaways.

Maybe it is time to pull out my Doom 2099 comics again.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-07-2018 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was getting used to a Doom monthly and I was disappointed last week there was no mention of what happened to Rachna and Victor in Marvel TIO. Nor was there even a Doombot appearance in Runaways.
    This concerns me as well, with TIO being retooled thanks to the FF relaunch I'm starting to wonder if the subplot with Doom and Rachna has been dropped. There's only one more issue of TIO before it catches-up with FF, that means any lingering story threads need to be resolved in those 20 or so pages, or not.... as the case may be.

A lacklustre end to what might be Doom's last appearance as the Infamous Iron Man, if he appears at all. While Rachna will be a complete waste of a character, her story arc goes nowhere, no sense of closure and no character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    The hat should be green with rivets.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    This concerns me as well, with TIO being retooled thanks to the FF relaunch I'm starting to wonder if the subplot with Doom and Rachna has been dropped. There's only one more issue of TIO before it catches-up with FF, that means any lingering story threads need to be resolved in those 20 or so pages, or not.... as the case may be.

A lacklustre end to what might be Doom's last appearance as the Infamous Iron Man, if he appears at all. While Rachna will be a complete waste of a character, her story arc goes nowhere, no sense of closure and no character development.
    That's what disappoints me too. I know Zdarsky probably doesn't want to step on Bendis's story but I'd like see something that looks back on his quest to be a different man in a positive way, with maybe a foreshadowing of the fight to come with the Hood. But I doubt we'll get anything close to this. IMO, this current arc in MTIO has been a bit too long and a bit dull. It takes place on Crazy Spider-Man world but we've seen very little of him.

It will be like that one issue where Bendis completely forgot (and maybe hoped the readers would forget) that he ended one issue with Tony capturing Victor (back when he was still wearing nicely tailored suits) before he could teleport away. They were supposed to have some kind of talk... but no follow up, just nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Good point! I'd buy that!

BANNED

That's what disappoints me too. I know Zdarsky probably doesn't want to step on Bendis's story but I'd like see something that looks back on his quest to be a different man in a positive way, with maybe a foreshadowing of the fight to come with the Hood. But I doubt we'll get anything close to this. IMO, this current arc in MTIO has been a bit too long and a bit dull. It takes place on Crazy Spider-Man world but we've seen very little of him.

It will be like that one issue where Bendis completely forgot (and maybe hoped the readers would forget) that he ended one issue with Tony capturing Victor (back when he was still wearing nicely tailored suits) before he could teleport away. They were supposed to have some kind of talk... but no follow up, just nothing.
    Yeah, this missing conversation is another plot hole in Bendis' Iron Man run that's never going to be answered. A shame really, I was really curious about what Doom and Tony would've talked about, like it was leading into the next issue. But alas, the next issue of Iron Man was a Civil War II tie-in, that just spent the whole time with Carol and Tony talking about their shared alcoholism. That was the last issue as well, before the Riri reboot, such a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    well I just found a "Make ____ _____ again" hat generator
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I bet if you made some for a comiccon you could sell a lot by putting in different countries....(I'm not sure if that's legal though!)
    Make Latveria Great Again (with the rivets like Mantis Dad suggested)
    Make Atlantis Great Again (in blue with Namor on that one)
    Make Symkaria Great Again (Black Cat)
    Make Attilan Great Again (Inhumans)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post

That's unfortunate. Which would mean Infamous Iron Man's story is that he made it back to 616 on his own power and got caught up in the Hood's bullcrap before he could go back for Ben and Johnny. RIP.

iMan 42s

A part of me is still fearful for what Slott might do with Victor but building off the Iron man point, what if he went more mystical?

Doom's Infamous armor while had it's fair-share of technological components was largely mystic based. So what if Victor took that a step further? Like his look becomes more arcane and the technological components become harder to distinguish from the magical. An Iron man like that of a metal golemn? There is already some precedence for it in the technology Victor physically emulated so why not?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Slott has both Tony and Victor in his grasp. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

I bet if you made some for a comiccon you could sell a lot by putting in different countries....(I'm not sure if that's legal though!)
    Make Latveria Great Again (with the rivets like Mantis Dad suggested)
    Make Atlantis Great Again (in blue with Namor on that one)
    Make Symkaria Great Again (Black Cat)
    Make Attilan Great Again (Inhumans)
    If I go to a Comic Con I'll keep that in mind.
    Don't live close to any. Although I AM going to buy a pair of red sports shades and put the least amount of effort possible into a Cyclops cosplay for Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's unfortunate. Which would mean Infamous Iron Man's story is that he made it back to 616 on his own power and got caught up in the Hood's bullcrap before he could go back for Ben and Johnny. RIP.
    That's starting to look more and more like how it will play out. Zdarsky was probably told to just not use Infamous Iron Man anymore so that's why we see him taking off after Rachna. It wouldn't surprise me if they are expecting the readers to just let it pass or forget about it if we never see what happened after that. At least with Bendis's ending, Victor did end up saving Tony and Rhodey from whatever demon that attempting to take possession of them. I'm still not sure if it was Dormammu, or the demon who had the cloak that the Hood uses. Neither of them have any real history with Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    A part of me is still fearful for what Slott might do with Victor but building off the Iron man point, what if he went more mystical?

Doom's Infamous armor while had it's fair-share of technological components was largely mystic based. So what if Victor took that a step further? Like his look becomes more arcane and the technological components become harder to distinguish from the magical. An Iron man like that of a metal golemn? There is already some precedence for it in the technology Victor physically emulated so why not?
    That's a good idea and I hope Slott does follow up on that. I still wish he would keep the look of Infamous Iron Man to some extent, especially the dark green cloak. I liked the glowing disks or energy ports or whatever those were. They could tie in to some of the mystical elements.

BANNED

Well, I've read FF #2, I can confirm there is no mention of Doom anywhere. That back-up story with Doom in #1 seems to be a one-off deal.

Yep. We'll have to wait to see how Victor will be used in the current MU.

I really liked the FF issue btw. I love the art and still trust Slott to write something interesting and well built - even if some if the choices he made are not those that I would have expected.

Definitively one of the few Marvel titles I will keep on my pull-list - with M2i1 concluding as Moon Knight maybe, the FF and ASM are the last series I plan to follow during the next years...

All the unresolved plots and forgotten scenes with your recent posts pointed at and, even worst in my eyes maybe, the very predictable way Marvel didn't follow the promises of the ending of Secret Wars, played a huge part in the reduction of my pull-list...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !