Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only reason we got that Doom story in #1 was due to the launch issue increased page count.

I wish Iron Doom and Baby Mama of Doom stuck. That was some cowardly work by Bendis tbh. Slott left Spencer with Superior Octopus, Female Electro, Ben Reily and Flash Thompson's corpse.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Well, I've read FF #2, I can confirm there is no mention of Doom anywhere. That back-up story with Doom in #1 seems to be a one-off deal.
    are you kidding me
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

iMan 42s

Slott is a bit of tricky beast as we know a lot of what he buried alive comes because he wanted to do other things. He has a known bad habit of destroying characters or burying alive good ideas if it means servicing what he wants to do.

To be completely honest, I would not put it passed him to bury Infamous Iron man as well.

I'm especially not expecting Doom's Infamous return especially seeing as 2020 is coming up and Arno Stark is set to return to the Iron man book. We can expect a new Iron man title being announced in mid-late 2019 but I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with Doctor Doom.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess if Arno is coming back there is even less reason for Slott to do anything with Doom in Iron Man. Just chalk it up as a coincidence that he's writing both Iron Man and the Fantastic Four. I thought there might have been some reason for that.

I wonder if Slott will dispense with the baby situation & Amara as quickly and painlessly as possible. As Triniking1234 points out, Bendis dropped it in Slott's lap. I'm still a bit annoyed why we never saw how she went from yelling at him in that one issue after Ben wrecked her apartment to becoming pregnant with his child. At least we know it's a boy but that's about it until she actually gives birth....if that's allowed to happen that is.

Right now I think the only thing I am looking forward to is the Halloween one shot coming up next month. I think Doom might be one of the 3 solo stories or he'll be featured at least somehow.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-13-2018 at 01:14 AM.

oh yeah, it's an "end of the multiverse" scenario.
    definitely aren't going to want the guy that saved it the last time.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Very sad that Victor's story did 't continue from FF #1. I hope he gets an ongoing or at least a mini to finish off what Slott started.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Astonishing Member

I thought that there would be a secondary story of Doctor Doom in issue two.Ah well,at least this way,Fantastic Four cover price wonīt increase due the pages count.
    So what i learned about Doctor Doom after Reading issue one is that now it seems that Doctor Doom new status quo will be more of him using magic powers that the technology.The reason of his new look in issue one i guess.
    Thats interesting,because that is a total diferent characterisation that he had in Infamous Iron Man.
    I would say that a character that can use both technological and mystic powers have been Doctor Doom,so the powers changing to another paradigm,after being more of technological in the last Doctor Doom status quo is actually something that i think will make new stories with Doctor Doom even more interesting.

but when will we see one? Doom fans don't want to wait (at least I don't)
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Astonishing Member

^^^^Aye,but a monthly Doctor Doom comic book have been more of the exception that the rule,so i donīt mind to wait untill Doctor Doom returns in the Fantastic Four or any other comic book.
    Plus with the way the first issue of the new Fantastic Four comic book had a Doctor Doom story it should not take long to have him re apearing in the FF stories.

I still have some doubts about Slott myself. I think he wants Doom back as a villain only. He sure wasn't included in the "extended family" scene in Fantastic Four #2

That's what I thought, remembering FF #116... Victor coukd be there too! I must confess that I didn't check if he was there. Too unlikely.

But now I wonder : is Kristoff somewhere on the page? I can't verify till I come back home but he definitively should.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    That's what I thought, remembering FF #116... Victor coukd be there too! I must confess that I didn't check if he was there. Too unlikely.

But now I wonder : is Kristoff somewhere on the page? I can't verify till I come back home but he definitively should.
    No, he wasn't . I should have brought him up too. He lived at Four Freedoms Plaza for a while. Which reminds me.....it always bothers me that whoever writes Scott Lang as Antman never brings up the fact that there was puppy love between Kristoff and Cassie. But that got wiped out in Heinberg's Young Avengers when he brought in the Iron Lad character as her romantic interest. In the Spider Girl universe, Cassie is Stinger and they do get back together when they are adults. Kristoff becomes a part of the Fantastic Five.

All this makes me wonder if Slott will just ignore the relationship with Val and Doom.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-13-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Imho he can't just ignore it. Now we'll see what he will do with it. Maybe not much...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Imho he can't just ignore it. Now we'll see what he will do with it. Maybe not much...
    That's what I am pretty much resigned in thinking. Slott has created a new character in Zora, who will become Victorious at some point. So maybe he will divert attention to the new character and forget about Amara or Kristoff. Or now that Valeria is interested in boys, she'll forget about her Uncle Doom.

He shouldn't ignore it... but he can.