Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She DOES have a solo in pre-production, but I think mikeb meant Avengers 4?
    Actually, I meant the last Avengers movie, Avengers #3. Maybe I should have stated it that way. Besides, Rogue doesn't want to have to go to meetings at the North Pole, right?
    Like I said, IMO since the group is so male heavy, logic would suggest the replacement would be a gal.
    Last edited by mikeb; 10-12-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Actually, I meant the last Avengers movie, Avengers #3. Maybe I should have stated it that way. Besides, Rogue doesn't want to have to go to meetings at the North Pole, right?
    Like I said, IMO since the group is so male heavy, logic would suggest the replacement would be a gal.
    that makes even less sense if you were referring to IW. She'd have been added close to time of release (like when the current series launched) to benefit from the crosspromotion, not this long after

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're teasing just that....

But I think Nightcrawler is more likely. Aaron wrote Amazing X-Men.

EDIT: And just saw it mentioned on the previous page - that's Blade, not Gladiator.
    It would be amazing to see it in two books of different groups of heroes again.

Rogue also have no impediment to return to be in A group, she is still an avenger, and was also a leader, and very good as well.

As you can see, there are only 2 gals shown. Of the 8 current members of the group, only 2 are gals. IMO, this suggests to me the replacement is likely to a gal. Black Widow likely because of the movie.
    And if the two women come in ???? I say there are very few women in that team.

what are Rogue's base powers now?

Astonishing Member

Basically the 'classic' powers, absorbtion and flying brick powers (though technically she got these flying brick powers from wonder man in Uncanny Avengers, they're not Carol's)

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Basically the 'classic' powers, absorbtion and flying brick powers (though technically she got these flying brick powers from wonder man in Uncanny Avengers, they're not Carol's)
    So is Rogue souped up now? Based on her killing Grim Reaper, I would assume he's more powerful than she was.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Rogue's powers from Wonderman are far greater than the ones she got from Carol Danvers.

Astonishing Member

While technically true, most of the writers have been treating them as basically the same. My no-prize explanation, the wonder man powers got weaker when he was set free and or roughly at carol danvers levels.

While technically true, most of the writers have been treating them as basically the same. My no-prize explanation, the wonder man powers got weaker when he was set free and or roughly at carol danvers levels.
    Looking at the story in which the High Evolutionary Scientist Supreme was testing Rogue, for some reason she has not been able to tap into the full extent of the Ionic power yet. His testing got interrupted when Wanda and Pietro "rescued" her. I sure if the full potential of the Ionic enhancement were unlocked, she could give Car-ell (That's Carol's new name as of "The life of Captain Marvel" #4. I kid you not! ) a run for her money.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue's powers from Wonderman are far greater than the ones she got from Carol Danvers.
    And Simon was a much nicer person while inside Rogue's head than that Yankee Witch.

The last issue of any volume of Uncanny X-men that Rogue appeared in was Uncanny X-men 542 in 2011 and her last time as part of the main roster of the book was Davis' run in 2000?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

And Simon was a much nicer person while inside Rogue's head than that Yankee Witch.
    Cant really blame Carol's persona to be a bit upset while inside Rogue. It got stuck there while Rogue was attacking her, quite possibly trying to kill her. Simon got stuck in there while they were both trying to save the world from destruction. You know... little different situation.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.