Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Anna Marie: Rogue Appreciation 2018

I see the Gambit and Rogue romance thread was remade after being locked up, but Rogue's solo appreciation thread was also locked, so here's a replacement. Talk about Anna Marie LeBeau here!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Name: Anna Marie Lebeau (?)
    Abilities: Ability, Memory & Life Absorption via physical touch. Recently absorbed the abilities of the superhero Wonder Man, gaining superhuman strength, flight, durability and remnants of an ionic energy form.

Background: Born to the beautiful Priscilla and her lover Owen. Her parents married far too early in their relationship. In an attempt to fix their decaying relationship, Priscilla got pregnant. Nine months later she birthed a baby girl that she named Anna-Marie.

Anna-Marie, who had been nicknamed Rogue, beauty was well recognized by the boys of her town. There is one boy in particular she fell in love with, his name was Cody Robbins. She was with him one night, under a full moon, during their first kiss, when she developed her powers, leaving her first love in a lifelong coma.

She was seen and chased by a small part of the mob. In the swamps, holding her father’s gun, she stumbled upon a beautiful woman named Raven Darkholme ( Mystique).

Mystique took Anna home with her where she introduced the teenager to Irene Adler ( Destiny), Raven’s lover. In a few short weeks Anna grew to trust the two women, and she would expose herself as a mutant; what was most shocking to her was that her foster mothers themselves were also mutants. With this information she grew to further trust them, and even love them.

With no sign of a normal life ever being possible she joined Mystique and The Brotherhood, but her life soon took a turn for the worse in a battle with Carol Danvers Rogue held on too long and thus permanently absorbed Carol’s powers of strength & flight. It would become definitive powerset of hers for many years until being lost during her powered down period in X-treme X-Men. The encounter with Carol Danvers also had the side-effect of Rogue being no longer alone inside her own mind. Carol Danvers psyche stayed inside Rogue’s mind as a very vocal guest. Being plague by her own guilt of what she did to Carol and the need to control her powers before she hurts her two mothers,Rogue left to seek shelter with the X-Men, whose line-up she would never leave again.

credit to teddyeatsyourface and Perfection2Emma
    Present: After leaving her status as leader of the Uncanny Avengers, Rogue has returned to the X-Men full-time. In a twist of events, during Shadow Cats and Colossus wedding, Rogue and Gambit ended up being the one's to tie the knot. The lovebirds have set out on a honeymoon, but it looks like it's not all stargazing and meteors out in the middle of outer space... see Mr & Mrs X for more of their adventures.

(was a bit late at creating the Rogue thread, oh well lol this can go here too)

The thread titles are a little more ridiculous this time around, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    The thread titles are a little more ridiculous this time around, I see.
    lol it's a comic book message board, a little ridiculous is basically the medium's motto. Anyway, I like it, I was just gonna add a vol 2 to the old thread name. This one is more charming. : D

See, even Rogue does it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I think a Rogue Essential Reading List should be on the front page for new fans who might be curious about Rogue's history.

My own list was a mess, so I decided to use one from DearMachine who had a much neater list, with a little more recent history edited in, so credits to them.

Essential Rogue Reading
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine
    - Avengers Annual #10: Rogue's first appearance. She fights the Avengers, and basically takes them apart single-handedly.
    - Uncanny X-Men #171: Rogue joins the X-Men
    - Uncanny X-Men #172-173: Rogue and Wolverine in Japan.
    - Uncanny X-Men #235-238: Rogue and Wolverine in Genosha, which is harrowing but excellent.
    - Uncanny X-Men #246-257: The Siege Perilous storyline, where Rogue sacrifices herself.
    - Uncanny X-Men #269, 274-275: The resolution of the Ms. Marvel storyline. (Also, Rogue and Magneto in the Savage Land, which has some pretty art.)
    - Rogue & Gambit #1-5: Resolving past issues between Rogue & Gambit, summarizing their tumultuous relationship and set up for...
    - Mr & Mrs X #1-?: The married couple's honeymoon is cut short early by destiny.
    (I actually really like much of Claremont's early Rogue stuff, but those are some key moments in it.)

Oh, there's also the newer Rogue miniseries, which covers her family background, but which I hesitate to recommend. It's not great IMO.

And these would be some essential Romy stories that haven't been mentioned:
    - X-Men #8/9 and Ghost Rider #26/27, which has the infamous picnic and the arrival of Belladonna
    - X-Men #24, which is their first uninterrupted date
    - Uncanny X-Men #297, which is extremely sweet. It has a great Jubilee/Xavier moment too.
    - X-Men #45, which is the first real milestone in the storyline that becomes the Trial of Gambit.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-05-2018 at 10:28 AM. Reason: because ridley is too big (omg smash ultimate)

I happen to LOVE the title hahaha. Things are looking good for our newlywed.

So we know that Deadpool makes an appearance, as well as the shiar, cersi, and the imperial guard- and we know Kelly Thompson is wanting to write some for gambits fam is that the wedding has taken place... who do would y’all like to see from Rogue’s friendships make an appearance in the book in later arcs?

Weird, double post
    Last edited by Muffinman; 08-05-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I happen to LOVE the title hahaha. Things are looking good for our newlywed.

So we know that Deadpool makes an appearance, as well as the shi'ar, cersi, and the imperial guard- and we know Kelly Thompson is wanting to write some for gambits fam is that the wedding has taken place... who do would y’all like to see from Rogue’s friendships make an appearance in the book in later arcs?
    It would be funny to Janet Van Dyne pout because she didn't get the opportunity to design Rogue a wedding gown.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Why are so many opening new appreciation threads, while they already exist????
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    AS STATED IN THE OPENING (?) -- many previous threads have been "locked up" necessitating(?) their recreation for continued fangasming.

AS STATED IN THE OPENING (?) -- many previous threads have been "locked up" necessitating(?) their recreation for continued fangasming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The moderators believe some of the threads have so many posts that it's gumming up the works and may be causing the problems with the double posts. Hence the threads with the highest amount of posts are getting relaunched.

i thought it was appropriate for rogue to look so 'done' with the gif lol

The dangers of a lazy afternoon and playing with apps. this is from the app ditty, with yankee doodle doo theme

Because Matt, one of the site admins, locked the old ones. When I was updating the links on my appreciation indexes, I noticed Rogue, Kamala Khan, and Doctor Doom hadn't had theirs redone yet, so I started the new threads.

Muffinman and ChronoRogue, thanks for the praise re: thread title.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-05-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The whole Priscilla think was revealed to be just a dream. And since it was just a dream, I wonder if Mystique isn't Rogue's real mother. Mystique is manipulative enough to give birth to Rogue, leave her somewhere, and then come pick up later and claim she was adopted, making Rogue extra grateful because supposedly her real mother is gone.

The whole dream banks/hippy mother who just turned out to be a dream anyone is just basically garbage that no one has paid attention to or followed up since. Now that Disney bought Fox, is anyone excited to see Rogue in a MCU film? And I wonder who will she absorb permanently in the movies, Wonder Man or Captain Marvel. Or really it could be anyone with flight, super strength, and invulnerability.

BANNED

The whole Priscilla think was revealed to be just a dream. And since it was just a dream, I wonder if Mystique isn't Rogue's real mother. Mystique is manipulative enough to give birth to Rogue, leave her somewhere, and then come pick up later and claim she was adopted, making Rogue extra grateful because supposedly her real mother is gone.

The whole dream banks/hippy mother who just turned out to be a dream anyone is just basically garbage that no one has paid attention to or followed up since. Now that Disney bought Fox, is anyone excited to see Rogue in a MCU film? And I wonder who will she absorb permanently in the movies, Wonder Man or Captain Marvel. Or really it could be anyone with flight, super strength, and invulnerability.