Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hmmm, if you didn't notice people HAVE been in here chatting recently actually. I just prefer chatting in the Romy thread as it kills two birds with one stone, so to speak. Your definition of success for Rogue seems to be tied exclusively to her in a team leadership position. So being on an independent mission that impacts the whole X-line is unsuccessful? Seems kind of one dimensional. So is Gambit "just Rogue's husband" now? I haven't seen any discussion of MMX in here and there is plenty to say about it that is not about their relationship. What about taking a mission to save Xavier's child? Is that meaningless?

She will be on a team again and probably as a leader. In the meantime she is getting lots a great character development. Maybe try being a little patient and enjoy the book she's in?
    This thread is almost dead compared to previous year.

You prefer to talk about Rogue because Jen is right. You like Rogue only as Gambit girlfriend. Rogue success by Jen? having stories with character develpment or being important in big stories. This is not tied to her leadership position.

Gambit is much more than her husband. He is in team book, he has his side characters like Bellandona. Gambit has also his life outside Rogue (thief, member of x-men team). Or at least It was like this is the past. I didn't read MMX so i can't say anything about this series.

She won't be in team. She won't be a leader. As long as she is with Gambit because TAS Rogue can't lead people.

Rogue had great character development? That's surprising. Can You tell me more about it?

after 8.5.2018
    Rogue thread(new) - 12 pages
    Gambit thread(pages 634-644) - 11 pages

before 8.5.2018
    Gambit 634 pages
    Rogue 1021 pages

this is obvious which thread lost more(Rogue)
    and i even didn't pages in Gambit movie thread

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

You prefer to talk about Rogue because Jen is right. You like Rogue only as Gambit girlfriend. Rogue success by Jen? having stories with character develpment or being important in big stories. This is not tied to her leadership position.

Gambit is much more than her husband. He is in team book, he has his side characters like Bellandona. Gambit has also his life outside Rogue (thief, member of x-men team). Or at least It was like this is the past. I didn't read MMX so i can't say anything about this series.

She won't be in team. She won't be a leader. As long as she is with Gambit because TAS Rogue can't lead people.

Rogue had great character development? That's surprising. Can You tell me more about it?

after 8.5.2018

before 8.5.2018
    Gambit 634 pages
    Rogue 1021 pages

Your sample size is too small to gather statistically significant results.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Your sample size is too small to gather statistically significant results.
    why? how many months we need? 12? 6?

I was talking about thread activity. I think that 2 months - that's enough.

Do You think that this will change in next months? Gambit fans have much topic to talk about: movie, team, duo book compared to Rogue (only duo book).

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    So sad to see the Rogue fandom basically die overnight. I was hoping she would be more than Gambit’s wife. There was such potential going in with her on the Avengers squad and the X-editors really blew her return to the X-Line. Now that it’s been confirmed she will yet again not be a part of the big X-crossover and most likely not on Uncanny, it seems we have some rough years ahead for the fandom. Sidelined in the X-Men, seems to be her lot. Just give her back to the Avengers already.
    I'm thinking back from the dead Jean stoled Rogue's thunder. On the other hand, if Rogue was given back to the Avengers, she'ed end up under the shadow of the Yankee Witch. Lose, lose for Rogue...

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

after 8.5.2018

before 8.5.2018
    Gambit 634 pages
    Rogue 1021 pages

First off, that is untrue and pretty insulting. You don't have to tell me what I like about Rogue or why. While I very much enjoy her dynamic with Remy, I loved Rogue in the Outback era when she was not with him or anyone and trying to prove herself. I also liked much of her time in Legacy as a mentor and leader as well other than I don't like her being completely overpowered or how her relationship with Magneto was done. That aside, she had some great development both emotional and in her superhero career. I was less impressed with her personal emotional development in AU, other than in the Red Skull arc where she stands up to Cap and continues to lead the team against orders and also in her friendship with Wade and being able to see the person he is under his facade. So yes, I do in fact like Rogue independent of Gambit as well as with him. I DO think her solos were somewhat disappointing and didn't do much to give her her own world and history. I'd like to see more about her childhood and time with Mystique and Destiny. But, do I think being a team leader or on a team is the ONLY way for Rogue to get character development or recognition? Obviously not. She has been in a leadership capacity of some kind basically since Legacy. It's time to let her try something new if only for a while. And all this handwringing that she won't be on a team again just because she with Gambit is pretty ridiculous. It literally has no factual basis or logic to support it. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it won't. The books are completely restructuring as we speak. And I wholly disagree that TAS Rogue was weak. Clearly we are not watching the same show. But I digress . . .

Here's a question, would you STILL be unhappy if Rogue was doing the exact same mission right now in MMX but as a solo book? If Gambit was absent or just a guest star? Is it really about loss of a team/leadership position and the perceived accolades that comes with it or just not liking Gambit? And you do realize most characters don't stay in leadership roles forever right? Other than Cyclops maybe, who is . . . Oh right, he's dead. And that despite being number #1 in that Twitter poll for reasons I have never been able to fathom.

And on that note, do you think it's possible that fans of both Rogue and Gambit might be less inclined to chat in a thread where he is openly hated by several posters? Like maybe we don't always feel welcome here. Maybe the decline in activity here has more to do with the fact that some have migrated over to the Rogue and Gambit thread to avoid some of that?

As for development in MMX, it's kind interesting to criticize something you haven't even read.

We are only 3 issues in and so far we have had Rogue confronting Mystique, interacting socially with her X-team friends for the first time in ages, choosing to deal with her powers head on instead of angsting about them, choosing to put her own happiness aside to take a critical mystery mission, interacting with Wade again since their recent falling out and kicking his butt, fighting and defeating Technet thanks to her quick thinking, and now taking on an undercover mission to rescue Xavier and Lillandra's secret kid. But yeah, she's just a wife sitting at home cooking and knitting and doing wifey things. Sure. Clearly none of what she's doing matters for her personal development or for continuity, right? If we aren't saving Earth from Galatus or nazis, might as well throw in the towel, right? There's a lot in there about having a relationship too, but clearly characters don't need that either, right? The only thing that makes them interesting is their ability to punch bad guys and give orders and save the day . . . Clearly . . .

As for Gambit, despite ranking in the top 10 of that poll, he has been ABSENT from a book entirely for years until very recently . . . Like since 2014. In case you aren't reading Red, he's mainly in a supporting role and not getting substantial character development there. Despite that, I still think it's a great book. Because I don't have to see my favorite characters get every spotlight every time. Many Gambit fans might even argue that Rogue got more focus in the first two issues of MMX, but I'm not particularly interested in playing the who's being treated better than who game. Being a Romy fan has made me extremely frickin patient as it were.

Well said, AppleJ!

Now for some Rogue-ish news...from KT's Tumblr:

Q: Hi, Kelly. Is there an in-story reason for Rogue's absence in Uncanny X-Men, since it's being labeled as an all-hands-on-deck story? Thank you.
    KT: Yes.

First off, that is untrue and pretty insulting. You don't have to tell me what I like about Rogue or why. While I very much enjoy her dynamic with Remy, I loved Rogue in the Outback era when she was not with him or anyone and trying to prove herself. I also liked much of her time in Legacy as a mentor and leader as well other than I don't like her being completely overpowered or how her relationship with Magneto was done. That aside, she had some great development both emotional and in her superhero career. I was less impressed with her personal emotional development in AU, other than in the Red Skull arc where she stands up to Cap and continues to lead the team against orders and also in her friendship with Wade and being able to see the person he is under his facade. So yes, I do in fact like Rogue independent of Gambit as well as with him. I DO think her solos were somewhat disappointing and didn't do much to give her her own world and history. I'd like to see more about her childhood and time with Mystique and Destiny. But, do I think being a team leader or on a team is the ONLY way for Rogue to get character development or recognition? Obviously not. She has been in a leadership capacity of some kind basically since Legacy. It's time to let her try something new if only for a while. And all this handwringing that she won't be on a team again just because she with Gambit is pretty ridiculous. It literally has no factual basis or logic to support it. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it won't. The books are completely restructuring as we speak. And I wholly disagree that TAS Rogue was weak. Clearly we are not watching the same show. But I digress . . .

Here's a question, would you STILL be unhappy if Rogue was doing the exact same mission right now in MMX but as a solo book? If Gambit was absent or just a guest star? Is it really about loss of a team/leadership position and the perceived accolades that comes with it or just not liking Gambit? And you do realize most characters don't stay in leadership roles forever right? Other than Cyclops maybe, who is . . . Oh right, he's dead. And that despite being number #1 in that Twitter poll for reasons I have never been able to fathom.

And on that note, do you think it's possible that fans of both Rogue and Gambit might be less inclined to chat in a thread where he is openly hated by several posters? Like maybe we don't always feel welcome here. Maybe the decline in activity here has more to do with the fact that some have migrated over to the Rogue and Gambit thread to avoid some of that?

As for development in MMX, it's kind interesting to criticize something you haven't even read.

We are only 3 issues in and so far we have had Rogue confronting Mystique, interacting socially with her X-team friends for the first time in ages, choosing to deal with her powers head on instead of angsting about them, choosing to put her own happiness aside to take a critical mystery mission, interacting with Wade again since their recent falling out and kicking his butt, fighting and defeating Technet thanks to her quick thinking, and now taking on an undercover mission to rescue Xavier and Lillandra's secret kid. But yeah, she's just a wife sitting at home cooking and knitting and doing wifey things. Sure. Clearly none of what she's doing matters for her personal development or for continuity, right? If we aren't saving Earth from Galatus or nazis, might as well throw in the towel, right? There's a lot in there about having a relationship too, but clearly characters don't need that either, right? The only thing that makes them interesting is their ability to punch bad guys and give orders and save the day . . . Clearly . . .

As for Gambit, despite ranking in the top 10 of that poll, he has been ABSENT from a book entirely for years until very recently . . . Like since 2014. In case you aren't reading Red, he's mainly in a supporting role and not getting substantial character development there. Despite that, I still think it's a great book. Because I don't have to see my favorite characters get every spotlight every time. Many Gambit fans might even argue that Rogue got more focus in the first two issues of MMX, but I'm not particularly interested in playing the who's being treated better than who game. Being a Romy fan has made me extremely frickin patient as it were.
    Didn't you knew? women lost any sense of self, including aspirations and dreams when they get married!!!.
    "Roll eyes"

Spectacular Member

I don't usually post in this thread but this is a beautiful response! Preach!

You don't have to like Remy, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But don't blame the activity on a thread on another character and don't accuse fans of only liking her because she's with Remy. I'm a Gambit fan but I also like Rogue, the only things I haven't liked about her are Rogneto (it's development) and her actions in Antarctica. But you can't possibly expect her to appear in as many books as she did in January of this year at all times. All characters go through periods like this. Plus that poster clearly hasn't read MMX and/or R&G because they don't seem to realize all the development that Rogue is going through. And if they had then they had already had preconceived opinions on the books that wasn't going to change no matter what was written, especially if Rogue was with Remy.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 10-02-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Hmmm, if you didn't notice people HAVE been in here chatting recently actually. I just prefer chatting in the Romy thread as it kills two birds with one stone, so to speak. Your definition of success for Rogue seems to be tied exclusively to her in a team leadership position. So being on an independent mission that impacts the whole X-line is unsuccessful? Seems kind of one dimensional. So is Gambit "just Rogue's husband" now? I haven't seen any discussion of MMX in here and there is plenty to say about it that is not about their relationship. What about taking a mission to save Xavier's child? Is that meaningless?

She will be on a team again and probably as a leader. In the meantime she is getting lots a great character development. Maybe try being a little patient and enjoy the book she's in?
    Sorry but two birds... Do you post in the Gambit thread? Maybe because you are a Gambit first fan. That is fine, but Rogue had a lot going on the past few years that was incredibly character driven. I like ROMY & KT, but this has kinda let me down as a Rogue fan. She was really coming into her own and in a direction I was very much on board with. That is why her current state is such a let down. It’s regression and she is yet again sidelined.

Poor Rogue. What an awful dead. A surprise wedding and boom! Go play the role of wife in a satellite book.

Mr and Mrs X is OK. Fun and light-hearted. Sadly, I feel like Rogue deserved much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I don't usually post in this thread but this is a beautiful response! Preach!

You don't have to like Remy, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But don't blame the activity on a thread on another character and don't accuse fans of only liking her because she's with Remy. I'm a Gambit fan but I also like Rogue, the only things I haven't liked about her are Rogneto (it's development) and her actions in Antarctica. But you can't possibly expect her to appear in as many books as she did in January of this year at all times. All characters go through periods like this. Plus that poster clearly hasn't read MMX and/or R&G because they don't seem to realize all the development that Rogue is going through. And if they had then they had already had preconceived opinions on the books that wasn't going to change no matter what was written, especially if Rogue was with Remy.
    This is very defensive. No one is blaming Remy for Rogue’s diminished role in the X-verse. I am blaming the direction of her character. She is so much more than Gambit’s wife. She should have a major role with the X-Men. As a Rogue fan, I am sure you can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Poor Rogue. What an awful dead. A surprise wedding and boom! Go play the role of wife in a satellite book.

Mr and Mrs X is OK. Fun and light-hearted. Sadly, I feel like Rogue deserved much more than that.
    Hi-Fi gets it!

Sorry but two birds... Do you post in the Gambit thread? Maybe because you are a Gambit first fan. That is fine, but Rogue had a lot going on the past few years that was incredibly character driven. I like ROMY & KT, but this has kinda let me down as a Rogue fan. She was really coming into her own and in a direction I was very much on board with. That is why her current state is such a let down. It’s regression and she is yet again sidelined.
    No, I post in the Romy thread instead of the Rogue only OR Gambit only threads in general when talking about either character, both together and individually. Because then I don't have to have the same discussion in two places and also because anti-Rogue and anti-Gambit fans in the independent threads don't feel the need to attack the other character I like and hijack the discussion. That is what two birds one stone means. The Romy thread works for either character and people are civil there. It has been very active. There have been long discussions about them as individual characters numerous times that don't revolve around their relationship. Obviously many do as well. Why not come join the discussion or start a topic here instead of bemoaning inactivity. Look how active this thread is now? All you had to do was post.

Why are you so certain Rogue will not be on a team in the upcoming year? Gold, Red, and Blue JUST ended. Dissasembled is a short term event. New books will be coming. How about have a little faith and a little patience? That's all I'm saying. Other fans of other characters have waited through longer and harder circumstances. Just take a little perspective. Many fans are hoping their favorite character just get a panel. Rogue is being treated very well on MMX and it's a book that is garnering a lot of attention and praise.

This is very defensive. No one is blaming Remy for Rogue’s diminished role in the X-verse. I am blaming the direction of her character. She is so much more than Gambit’s wife. She should have a major role with the X-Men. As a Rogue fan, I am sure you can see that.
    I am all for Rogue having a major role with the X-Men. We know that she will be sidelined for the initial two and a half months of Uncanny, but nothing beyond that. I'm basically in wait-and-see mode, because I believe that she will ultimately be on a book. I could be wrong. If they don't use her after that, I will share your frustration.

But I'm also not sure that her role has been diminished with MMX. In three issues, she has squared off with the Imperial Guard, Technet, and Deathbird, and has been involved in helping Xavier and Lilandra's daughter, which is potentially a massive development. She's been a badass throughout it: funny, smart, and tough. Compare that to, say, Storm or Kitty or Rachel in X-Men Gold. They have been on a team in a major book, but have regressed in multiple ways, and had very little real impact. Rogue's been much better off than all of them combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

all of this!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah