Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I hope Rogue kicks the crud out of Gladiator during the Shi'ar arc. This X-Men 92' fight was frustrating, not once using her biggest advantage, her absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I happen to LOVE the title hahaha. Things are looking good for our newlywed.

So we know that Deadpool makes an appearance, as well as the shiar, cersi, and the imperial guard- and we know Kelly Thompson is wanting to write some for gambits fam is that the wedding has taken place... who do would y’all like to see from Rogue’s friendships make an appearance in the book in later arcs?
    Iceman. That Sina Grace continues to ignore RoIce friendship is disappointing. :/

For the girls IDK... I know Rachel apparently likes her, if that throwaway comment toward Monet meant anything besides a jab.

Also this out of left field, but considering much of her recent development happened in Legacy, I'd be interested in seeing Rogue interact (friendship?) more with Frenzy.

Carey introduced her, gave her a semi-Emma like revamp but she hasn't really been used much outside of the Inhumans since. Joanna's interesting, she can be a cold-blooded murderer, displays some sociopathic tendencies, and is iconic for killing a friend of the X-Men, but it's clear she's found some worth in acting like a superhero for the time being (for selfish means). I'd like to see Rogue interact with someone whose turned toward to the side of good that hasn't truly reformed and perhaps isn't as interested in being altruistic just for the sake of it; in a way that is clearly different than Emma or Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter
    The whole Priscilla think was revealed to be just a dream. And since it was just a dream, I wonder if Mystique isn't Rogue's real mother. Mystique is manipulative enough to give birth to Rogue, leave her somewhere, and then come pick up later and claim she was adopted, making Rogue extra grateful because supposedly her real mother is gone.

The whole dream banks/hippy mother who just turned out to be a dream anyone is just basically garbage that no one has paid attention to or followed up since. Now that Disney bought Fox, is anyone excited to see Rogue in a MCU film? And I wonder who will she absorb permanently in the movies, Wonder Man or Captain Marvel. Or really it could be anyone with flight, super strength, and invulnerability.
    Was it just a dream? I guess I need to reread that story, I thought all that was canon. Though I wouldn't be opposed to rewriting that origin, it was messy and weird.

And yeah, of course, Rogue re-imagined is one of the reasons I'm most excited for the MCU. Just get me a director that actually cares about the female characters in the franchise and is interested in seeing a Rogue that can take care of herself and we're good to go.

Not too sure who she'll absorb in the MCU. I'd say introducing her into Captain Marvel 2 would be ideal but the fact that Carol's powers are going to be different than the power-set we're familiar with might be a problem. She might get energy blasts and absorption if she absorbed Carol but I guess it depends on how it's done (semi-absorption?). But yeah, not too picky on who it is as long as she does get the iconic powers.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-05-2018 at 09:19 PM.

I think she'll be introduced having already absorbed Wonder Man. They've already used Simon Williams in GOTG Vol 2, though only on movie posters, portrayed by Nathan Fillion. It would only take a couple of lines from Rogue to explain that this Hollywood actor was attacked by her, and it turned out he had powers which she stole.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I would really like to see them do the Rogue/Carol story in the MCU, if only because there's such a perfect setup for a story that just a few years ago would have been impossible to do. Now Carol will be an important MCU hero and the X-Men characters will be coming in; it would seem like a shame not to do one of Carol's most iconic stories (not counting Avengers 200 which is iconic because it sucks so much).

The reasons I could see them not doing it is that they have hyped up Carol's powers for the MCU version so much that the story Claremont did - take away her powers and give her some new ones that make her far more powerful than ever before - might not be feasible; they're talking like she can already access Binary-level power on some level. I guess we'll know more when we see exactly what her origin and powers are, not to mention why she apparently hasn't aged since the '90s.

Still, the basic idea of Rogue making her debut with an attack on the Avengers - and then being taken in by the X-Men despite this - seems like such a great way to bridge the two franchises. That Avengers Annual by Claremont is one of the few stories Marvel ever did that really feels like Claremont's mutant characters are part of the same world as the Avengers. The X-Men story never really discussed how the world might react to seeing the X-Men take in an evil mutant who assaulted Captain America and Thor (granted, the Avengers took in evil mutants too, but they're the Avengers, they can get away with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think she'll be introduced having already absorbed Wonder Man. They've already used Simon Williams in GOTG Vol 2, though only on movie posters, portrayed by Nathan Fillion. It would only take a couple of lines from Rogue to explain that this Hollywood actor was attacked by her, and it turned out he had powers which she stole.
    I think they need to show it and I dont think a throwaway line in passing would suffice. I think they should have her absorb Wonder Man but that it should happen in CM2 where Rogue is used as a villian. They can have Simon and Carol be romantically linked so that Rogue absorbing him "kills" him in the process and preserves their rivalry. That should give their relationship some real weight in the MCU going forward

Personally, given how much has to happen with Rogue to get her flying brick powers that have become iconic, I think it should be done in television rather than in a movie. Have her come to the gifted tv show or a newer one. I would rather the story be fleshed out. If it’s done as a passing thing in a movie, it doesn’t really develop of the character too much. And there is always the chance that it actually becomes a subplot that needs to be cut in the final edits (see the rogue cut of DOFP). Rogue could totally act as a liaison for the Xavier institute

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Personally, given how much has to happen with Rogue to get her flying brick powers that have become iconic, I think it should be done in television rather than in a movie. Have her come to the gifted tv show or a newer one. I would rather the story be fleshed out. If it’s done as a passing thing in a movie, it doesn’t really develop of the character too much. And there is always the chance that it actually becomes a subplot that needs to be cut in the final edits (see the rogue cut of DOFP). Rogue could totally act as a liaison for the Xavier institute
    I think with the production quality of a lot of TV shows right now, this would be the way to go imo. My dream is to see a live-action X-Men TV series, which could give different arcs to different characters like the old animated series, but a Rogue solo series would be rad
    Make Good Art

Default Rogue in Other Media

X-Men Legends I (2004) & X-Men Legends II (2005)

X-Men vs Street Fighter (1996) & Marvel vs Capcom 2 (2000)

Marvel Heroes (2013)

One thing I'm excited about with the merger happening... seeing Rogue in video games again! In a proper one, not mobile games, though those are nice to see Rogue in too.

So MiM is over, Rogue barely did a thing in the last issue and there was no big revelation of any kind it, as expected it was all about Betsy

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    So MiM is over, Rogue barely did a thing in the last issue and there was no big revelation of any kind it, as expected it was all about Betsy
    That's too bad - glad I avoided reading it. Hopefully she'll get some time to shine in Uncanny
    Make Good Art

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

She shines in her ongoing every month i wouldnt be butt hurt over MIM.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I am just relieved she avoided the dreaded Magneto moment.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Very true. I'm just itching to see her working with an X-Team again
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Very true. I'm just itching to see her working with an X-Team again
    Agreed, or an any team for that matter.
    In the meantime KT is crushing it writing Rogue and gambit in MMX. So glad this isn’t a mini

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Me, I was bummed out! I was expecting more, something connected to the letter Rogue found in part one.