Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Ever since I have seen this photo it's all I can think of when I see walnuts... and then just at really random moments.
    It's so hilariously weird...
    I too always think of rogue when I see walnuts in their shells. It’s bizarre and funny, and only I get it in my head compared to those around me lol. I think if it is ever going to be referenced again, KT would be the one to throw it in there. The way she pulled out that reference to that fan comic about the broken vase? She’s gotta know rogue fans love the walnuts panel lol

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I too always think of rogue when I see walnuts in their shells. It’s bizarre and funny, and only I get it in my head compared to those around me lol. I think if it is ever going to be referenced again, KT would be the one to throw it in there. The way she pulled out that reference to that fan comic about the broken vase? She’s gotta know rogue fans love the walnuts panel lol
    What's this vase reference?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    What's this vase reference?
    There is a very well circulated fan comic strip of rogue breaking professor x’s favorite vase and then absorbing the powers of a kitten to appear so cute that the professor isn’t mad at her at all. She whipped out the reference right at the end of the rogue and gambit mini series. It was amazing.

There is a very well circulated fan comic strip of rogue breaking professor x’s favorite vase and then absorbing the powers of a kitten to appear so cute that the professor isn’t mad at her at all. She whipped out the reference right at the end of the rogue and gambit mini series. It was amazing.
    That was a reference? That's beautiful.
    Can you find that for me?
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    That was a reference? That's beautiful.
    Can you find that for me?
    https://x-men.blogflop.com/2018/06/2...o-kate-beaton/

Here is a link to the full comparison, I was trying to search for images for you but was only coming up with the second page of the fan comic when I found this. It’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I agree that a telepath should probably be at least a part of the solution or at least a route she would explore first, seeing as Xavier was the solution last time. And at the moment, Jean seems like the obvious choice since no one knows about X and he seems iffy anyway. Emma's more antagonistic at the moment and was not helpful for her previously. And much as she loves Betsy, not sure that's the first person to trust in your brain? Plus if Remy is a factor, and considering all the intimate and personal moments he and Rogue have shared that are up in her head I think he would be, then Jean is the most trusted telepath.
    IMO, the first thing that needs to be done is to go over the events that took place 4 years ago in UnCanny Avengers vol 1 #22-23 with a fine tooth comb for clues to the loss of Rogue power control. Rogue's control loss just did not happen spontaneously. What were the factors involved that created the power loss despite Xavier "fixing" her? How may the events that took place in the U/A issues paralel events that took place in Rogue's past? One needs to approach this as if they are investagating an engineering disaster. What failed and why did the failure take place. Then I think the use telepaths to probe Rogue's sub- conscious may be the next step. But it may involve others coming clean of events that took place many years ago. Funny thing is the person who I think may be both the lock and the key hasn't, as far I can recall, had a meaningful encounter with Jean Grey since 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    IMO, the first thing that needs to be done is to go over the events that took place 4 years ago in UnCanny Avengers vol 1 #22-23 with a fine tooth comb for clues to the loss of Rogue power control. Rogue's control loss just did not happen spontaneously. What were the factors involved that created the power loss despite Xavier "fixing" her? How may the events that took place in the U/A issues paralel events that took place in Rogue's past? One needs to approach this as if they are investagating an engineering disaster. What failed and why did the failure take place. Then I think the use telepaths to probe Rogue's sub- conscious may be the next step. But it may involve others coming clean of events that took place many years ago. Funny thing is the person who I think may be both the lock and the key hasn't, as far I can recall, had a meaningful encounter with Jean Grey since 1996.
    Who is this person? Rogue herself?

Some great conversations going on...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I'm still wondering why Zub "baited" us with that letter from Carol in MIM#1. Nothing is revealed that we did know 35 years ago...except for the part about Carol wanting Logan to "Balance the scales". Why was there no follow-up in the story? Did Betsy's new/old/new bod take precedent? In the scene where Rogue reads the letter, 2 things stand out for me: the first is Carol's statement about "balancing the scales", the second was Rogue's emotional reaction. Looking at this I could help but think of UXM#203 dated March 1986. In the first 5 pages Rogue flashes back to her encounter with Carol on the Golden Gate Bridge and ends with Rogue thinking to herself, her face in tears, "No matter how much good Ah do, nothing will make up for what I did. Those scales, nothing will ever balance."
    Wow, that is quite the parallel. How incredibly frustrating...and what a missed opportunity. Honestly, I think Rogue could have been left out of the MiM plot and it wouldn't have mattered. What a disappointment. The optimist in me is thinking that the letter might tie in to something in the future, but the pessimist in me doubts it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Some blistered trauma can be the explanation, because the power of Rogue really is not broken, whenever Rogue was being controlled by someone else, the absorption was under control, it was not something uncontrollable as was thought.

The first time was when Carol took control of the Rogue body, and was able to touch Psylocke without leaving her in a coma.

Then vimso in RogueandGambit, that Rogue when she was being mentally influenced by the shadow king, had her powers of absorption under the control she wanted.

The latter was written by Kelly, who may be on that path, to take Rogue to control again.
    Exactly. It's some kind of psychological blocage. It would be incredible if that Shadow King allusion in R+G was foreshadowing what's to come. I look forward to seeing how KT handles it.

I don't think KT is going to address her control issues in much depth, or at least not in the level some people here wants. She said herself that MMX is a duo book and she doesn't want to do stories that are too one sided. She chose not to use Captain Marvel (in a space story where she would fit perfectly) because it would mean dealing with Rogue and Carol past and issues, much less I think she would go back and analyze every little thing from the past to fix Rogue's powers.
    That story is more fitted for a solo or a mini-series, and not a duo book where the other character will most likely be sidelined. Besides she also said she wasn't a fan of full control Rogue (which I agree).

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't think KT is going to address her control issues in much depth, or at least not in the level some people here wants. She said herself that MMX is a duo book and she doesn't want to do stories that are too one sided. She chose not to use Captain Marvel (in a space story where she would fit perfectly) because it would mean dealing with Rogue and Carol past and issues, much less I think she would go back and analyze every little thing from the past to fix Rogue's powers.
    That story is more fitted for a solo or a mini-series, and not a duo book where the other character will most likely be sidelined. Besides she also said she wasn't a fan of full control Rogue (which I agree).
    Yeah, you're probably right. I don't advocate for a quick solution to Rogue's power either, but I'd like to see at least a step forward, whatever that may be.

THIS would be so golden.
    That along with the "Bless your heart" and KT fixing the powers thing of course.

Ultimately I truly hope the rings made by Bling! have the technology Hank came up with to shut them off without those pesky side effects... so long as Rogue can still work on actually controlling them herself. Unless you think the quick fix might lead her to be less focused... I dunno... I want both though! (so greedy)
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    THIS would be so golden.
    That along with the "Bless your heart" and KT fixing the powers thing of course.

Ultimately I truly hope the rings made by Bling! have the technology Hank came up with to shut them off without those pesky side effects... so long as Rogue can still work on actually controlling them herself. Unless you think the quick fix might lead her to be less focused... I dunno... I want both though! (so greedy)
    It isn’t a nifty idea to think that there could be a power dampener in her ring. Maybe like those light up rings where you twist the stone to one side and they glow, she can twist the stone to the side and be able to hit the sheets. If they do the dampener, I would like it to keep the negative side effects of it. I think it makes the story more interesting and their love stronger to think that thugs could be easier certainly for one member of the duo but you do crazy things for love.

I don’t think KT is going to address the control aspect in quite a while if she is going to do it at all and I’m ok with that. She’s still finding a way to make their complicated situation read with a breath of fresh air. It’s not a trope, it’s really an issue that is making them stronger as a couple and I think she’s expressing it pretty beautifully.

I just really, REALLY want to see those rings Bling! made. I thought that panel was so clever using a student that both of them have connected with to do that for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Some great conversations going on...

Wow, that is quite the parallel. How incredibly frustrating...and what a missed opportunity. Honestly, I think Rogue could have been left out of the MiM plot and it wouldn't have mattered. What a disappointment. The optimist in me is thinking that the letter might tie in to something in the future, but the pessimist in me doubts it.

Exactly. It's some kind of psychological blocage. It would be incredible if that Shadow King allusion in R+G was foreshadowing what's to come. I look forward to seeing how KT handles it.
    What Shadow King allusion?

I'm not disagreeing that it was weird that the MiM Carol letter didn't go anywhere for Rogue, but I have seen how Zub is a continuity nut (in his comics and he's said as such) who is big into collaboration, and with Rosenberg seemingly seeding things for Disassembled, it's possible that it's something that's gonna come up down the line for Rogue.

Or MiM was overstuffed and it just got pushed out, but I still would expect someone to pick it up. Dangling plot lines are an X-Men classic though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I'm not disagreeing that it was weird that the MiM Carol letter didn't go anywhere for Rogue, but I have seen how Zub is a continuity nut (in his comics and he's said as such) who is big into collaboration, and with Rosenberg seemingly seeding things for Disassembled, it's possible that it's something that's gonna come up down the line for Rogue.

Or MiM was overstuffed and it just got pushed out, but I still would expect someone to pick it up. Dangling plot lines are an X-Men classic though...
    I'm not sure where it can really go. Rogue isn't about to attack Carol or vice versa. It's an ancient letter, and both Rogue and Carol have moved past their feud. Wolverine obviously chose not to act on whatever implication was in that letter. He didn't "balance the scales," but ultimately chose to support his new teammate. If anything, I think that was the point of it.