Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Oh, ok that I can kinda agree with. I think it would be nice to see a couple high end feats but for sure I think if he were to get a extreme level of power it would be best to see that explored in his own series and last long enough to maybe show off in one big event, before returning to his usual levels of power.
    Agreed.

I think it would be interesting if John had that immense power in a solo limited series that's based off an big Justice League event that has to do with the collapsing of a multiverse. I would totally be down with that.

Mighty Member

I always thought John should be building universes. With a handle like The Master Builder, it could be cool.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I always thought John should be building universes. With a handle like The Master Builder, it could be cool.
    John Stewart: Master Builder would be a great title for a John solo.

I think a cool idea (continuing on the Blue Marvel parallel) would be to have John be a part of a Ultimates-style group and he helps build and restore broken or destroyed earths.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Every lantern has had some sort of unique power-up. It would only be right if John gets his own god mode thing. Obviously The Invincible Spectrum is something that will be unique to him. Why not have John have some sort of mastery over The Invisible Spectrum. I'm sure a Infrared ring, etc will have different abilities. They might as well run with it. Such a good concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I personally disagree with this one part. While I don't think he should be permanently insanely powerful but it would be great to see John cut loose with a power on par with heavy-hitters like Ion, Superman, and Parallax. It would be an interesting character choice because we can see how John would handle that kind of power. I could see a situation where we see John has a better handle on that kind of power because, unlike the other Corpsmen, he has the discipline as well as the mental fortitude to control himself. I believe that's part of what people like about characters like Hal and Kyle (and even Guy to a certain extent) because they get to have those extreme feats of power. He could be DC's answer for Blue Marvel for a while and I can see him giving up that position after it's served it's purpose.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing regarding mastering the rest of the invisible spectrum and whatnot. I know it might sound like a long shot, but hear me out guys. What if the invisible spectrum was an alternate/unconventional path to becoming a white lantern? Something just as strong? Another thing they could do is have him regain his Guardian status, but this time he has the power of all the Guardians combined to make an Ultra Guardian. It shouldn't be too easy to access, though, cuz then he would just wipe out everything right off the bat. Maybe somewhere along the lines of like how Thor isn't able to just take the Odin Force away from Odin, but rather it is granted to him (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm a bit fuzzy on Thor rn). Idk I might be talking nonsense rn, it's late and I'm tired lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head there, Lemon. John is viewed as inferior and boring because he hasn't gotten the solo focus and development that Hal, Kyle, and to a certain extent, Guy have, which includes the powerups. That's why I've been stressing that John NEEDS to have insane feats in both base form and powered up form in addition to compelling storytelling. Even characters that are on the low end of the power spectrum get to play with insane power for a certain amount of time, like when Spiderman became Captain Universe, or when Batman became the god of knowledge, etc. I want to see John with enough power to come in and end the chaos of major events like Hal has done as Parallax in the past. Y'know, be the ultimate deciding x-factor so he's front and center and you KNOW he is the reason the world is safe.

I've had a change of heart as of late. I used to think John would always be just a little more famous than Adam due to John being a GL, but now I realize that in order for John to compete with Blue Marvel (it's only a matter of time before his popularity explodes as a result of the MCU), they need to do away with the whole "Greatest Green Lantern" thing in general. As long as any lantern holds that title, all other lanterns who don't hold that title (and have not received much focus/development) will forever be under their boot, not fully gaining the solo success a character like Blue Marvel is more likely to achieve. That's why a while ago I said that the standard of "Greatest" should be surpassed by all the Earth lanterns at some point in the near future, so that they don't have that lingering over their heads whenever they get their chance to shine. DC dug themselves this hole when they started creating too many Earth GLs, now they have to adjust because there's no longer just one Earth lantern to focus on anymore.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 10-16-2018 at 12:07 AM.

I'm sure John would bring Xanshi back, too.

Extraordinary Member

It would be wonderful if John has this 9th Doctor moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing regarding mastering the rest of the invisible spectrum and whatnot. I know it might sound like a long shot, but hear me out guys. What if the invisible spectrum was an alternate/unconventional path to becoming a white lantern? Something just as strong? Another thing they could do is have him regain his Guardian status, but this time he has the power of all the Guardians combined to make an Ultra Guardian. It shouldn't be too easy to access, though, cuz then he would just wipe out everything right off the bat. Maybe somewhere along the lines of like how Thor isn't able to just take the Odin Force away from Odin, but rather it is granted to him (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm a bit fuzzy on Thor rn). Idk I might be talking nonsense rn, it's late and I'm tired lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head there, Lemon. John is viewed as inferior and boring because he hasn't gotten the solo focus and development that Hal, Kyle, and to a certain extent, Guy have, which includes the powerups. That's why I've been stressing that John NEEDS to have insane feats in both base form and powered up form in addition to compelling storytelling. Even characters that are on the low end of the power spectrum get to play with insane power for a certain amount of time, like when Spiderman became Captain Universe, or when Batman became the god of knowledge, etc. I want to see John with enough power to come in and end the chaos of major events like Hal has done as Parallax in the past. Y'know, be the ultimate deciding x-factor so he's front and center and you KNOW he is the reason the world is safe.

I've had a change of heart as of late. I used to think John would always be just a little more famous than Adam due to John being a GL, but now I realize that in order for John to compete with Blue Marvel (it's only a matter of time before his popularity explodes as a result of the MCU), they need to do away with the whole "Greatest Green Lantern" thing in general. As long as any lantern holds that title, all other lanterns who don't hold that title (and have not received much focus/development) will forever be under their boot, not fully gaining the solo success a character like Blue Marvel is more likely to achieve. That's why a while ago I said that the standard of "Greatest" should be surpassed by all the Earth lanterns at some point in the near future, so that they don't have that lingering over their heads whenever they get their chance to shine. DC dug themselves this hole when they started creating too many Earth GLs, now they have to adjust because there's no longer just one Earth lantern to focus on anymore.
    I think you may be on to something. Remember in the Omega Men, when Kyle took on the White Light but became the Omega Lantern instead of the usual White Lantern. I could see Snyder retconing that the Omega Lantern is the invisible spectrum equivalent of the White Lantern, and Kyle just accidentally tapped into it. That aside, having John master the entirety of the invisible spectrum would be a great way to give him a chance to flex in a unique and big way - like the other Lanterns. I agree that big, bold feats and powerups are just as important as major story arcs because they draw eyes to the characters. People like powerful characters,: simple.

I personally would like to see John taking a more tactile approach to his powers. Since Sinestro bonded the spectrum to John on the cellular level, I think it could be cool to see him using his power to supercharge his physical capabilities as well as use constructs. That's just my personal pipedream though, I doubt they'll do it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-17-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

From the latest Justice League solicits:

Hawk fight! Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl clash with Shayera Hol (also a Hawkgirl) when the League trio tries to break into a secret vault deep within Thanagar Prime—and the feathers are gonna fly! Speaking of secrets, M.M. learns one about himself and Lex Luthor, as related to him by the Martian Keep, guardian of all Martian wisdom and history. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman must stop Starman from going nova.
    It’s a mystery in space: Why would the Guardians of the Universe hide top-secret intel deep in the bowels of a secret vault on Thanagar Prime? That’s what Martian Manhunter, GL and Hawkgirl want to know! That’s not the only puzzler popping off either, as an ancient connection that bonds Kendra and Shayera Hol unlocks the secret of the map on Hawkgirl’s Dark Metal wings. Back on Earth, Starman and the Trinity look to create a wormhole that could transport them to Thanagar Prime. The only catch? It could vaporize them!
    I should have posted these earlier.

So Shayera Hol is going to be in the upcoming issues of the Justice League on this story arc. Since there's going to be two Hawkgirls and not just one, then if John gets with one of them, I don't see some Hawkman fan writer doing something to ruin John's romance and it shouldn't effect Hawkman. This is interesting. I wonder what direction is Scott Snyder is going with this? I even asked in the other thread whether Kendra is going to be swapped for Shayera in the Justice League.

Extraordinary Member

The Hawk-mythology is complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The Hawk-mythology is complicated.
    That's what it seems like so far. In the latest issue, John, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter are now doing a mission at Thanagar Prime.

some John Stewart fan art

Art by Thony Silas

Art by iamcamiam

Art by Sara Richard
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-17-2018 at 10:24 PM.

currently following:

Those fan arts looks really good

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

So Shayera Hol is going to be in the upcoming issues of the Justice League on this story arc. Since there's going to be two Hawkgirls and not just one, then if John gets with one of them, I don't see some Hawkman fan writer doing something to ruin John's romance and it shouldn't effect Hawkman. This is interesting. I wonder what direction is Scott Snyder is going with this? I even asked in the other thread whether Kendra is going to be swapped for Shayera in the Justice League.
    It would be a nice compromise to make fans of the DCAU happy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

I don't like the idea of swapping Kendra for Shayera. Based on sketches it looks like Shayeda is going to be more on incline with the classic Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman. I like this new version with the metal wings on the League.

currently following: