Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    As we can see, Diana is looking at you straight in the eye when you say that, bruh.
    What, she is?!

I'm no Hal Jordan, but lemme check my hair.....

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, please remove the JL from being such a sausage feast.
    Agree. I'll throw in another female honestly.

Preview looks good. Excited for more John.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes, please remove the JL from being such a sausage feast.
    Yeah I don't see why Mera can't be an official member. She can rule Atlantis and still be on the Justice League. Works for Black Panther on the Avengers.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I think she would be a real good candidate for the Justice League. But I think Scott Snyder is focusing more on the animated Justice League nostalgia.

And the fact that he writes Barry like Wally and he barely uses Cyborg is proof of that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I think she would be a real good candidate for the Justice League. But I think Scott Snyder is focusing more on the animated Justice League nostalgia.
    Well then bring in Vixen and send Cyborg to the Outsiders for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And the fact that he writes Barry like Wally and he barely uses Cyborg is proof of that.
    I think Cyborg was editorially mandated, since his solo was cancelled not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well then bring in Vixen and send Cyborg to the Outsiders for awhile.
    I see i'm not the only one who thinks this. Vic belongs on the Titans pure and simple, not the league to be their token cardboard cut-out black guy.

While they're at it they can add Green Arrow to complete the whole JLU vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority in favor of Kendra over Shayera. Oh well, if it were to happen I'd be happy either way.

What did you guys think of the New Talent Showcase story with John? I personally wasn't too crazy about it; it wasn't bad, it just fell flat for me. I like that they touched on his life on a earth and some social themes but the writing could definitely have been better.
    I forgot to post this, but I read the comic. It's alright. I don't think the writer should've even mention Hal Jordan on this story. John is his own character and doesn't really need any character references to boost his profile. I agree with everything you said here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I see i'm not the only one who thinks this. Vic belongs on the Titans pure and simple, not the league to be their token cardboard cut-out black guy.

While they're at it they can add Green Arrow to complete the whole JLU vibe.
    cyborg hate is real lol, there's no difference him being a token on the league and the titans. and why does he have to be booted in order to add another black member? there isn't room for vic and vixen?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

You guys want Mera, Vixen, more Cyborg, umm... who else? Green Arrow. Am I forgetting anyone else? I hope you have considered that the more characters are added to the Justice League, the less space there will be for the characters that are already there, like John Stewart. Personally, I think having a 15 or so character Justice League is a bad idea if you want the characters to do more than just showcase their particular individual super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    cyborg hate is real lol, there's no difference him being a token on the league and the titans. and why does he have to be booted in order to add another black member? there isn't room for vic and vixen?
    Idk maybe he is a token in the Titans comics, I'm used to him being a likeable character (ignoring all the built in problems, ex: lack of genitals, inability to feel/sleep, constantly being dismantled, etc.) on the 03 series I grew up with. There is a major problem because he was thrown on the league as "justification" for not having John Stewart on the team and so people wouldn't call DC racist. They claimed they liked Cyborg and all this, this, and that, knowing full well that they weren't going to treat him like an all star, but I'm gonna leave it there cuz I could go on for days lol.

It's not that he has to be booted for another black character, it just happens that Vixen was a recurring character on JLU, which is also why I threw in Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    You guys want Mera, Vixen, more Cyborg, umm... who else? Green Arrow. Am I forgetting anyone else? I hope you have considered that the more characters are added to the Justice League, the less space there will be for the characters that are already there, like John Stewart. Personally, I think having a 15 or so character Justice League is a bad idea if you want the characters to do more than just showcase their particular individual super powers.
    Speaking for myself, I don't have a problem with the gender balance on the this particular team (maybe due to nostalgia) but I think adding Vixen is enough. I've always been a fan of smaller teams for greater character development, but I do understand the desire for more female leaguers.....one more character shouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    There's a simple fix to this and that is just give less screen time to characters who appear in more books. Most are already in two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    DC isn't going to make room for Vixen and Cyborg we all know this. It's either or with this company sadly and if I had to choose it would be Vixen.